IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I still think scoring is going to be better than people think. I my eat my words on that, but I think you're going to see guys get to -5 or -6 by tomorrow and then tumble a little on the weekend. But there are opportunities out there and players will take advantage of them and try and grind it out on the tough holes. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if scoring is much better than people think.

This isn't going to be a grinder's tournament. This course is going to yield a lot of birdies, but it will charge a lot of high numbers when the player hits it in the wrong spot. Merion was Phil's Open to lose, and he lost it? Sure, he finished second that year, but it wasn't because of anything he did. Rosey was simply the better player that Sunday.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Is it me, or does Natalie Gulbis sound really nervous? Or sick.

She doesn't look nearly as good as she once did. She needs to take off those three tons of makeup on her face.

• Administrator

Aimpoint Express folks. Dear Lord... That looks like an 8! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

On very slow greens…

Since marijuana is legal in WA state (i think) is there any prohibition on US Open players smoking/using the stuff, either on or off the course?  And since this is not a  PGA tourney, what are the rules guiding 'drug' use at the Open?

It's still PGA Tour sanctioned.

Is it me, or does Natalie Gulbis sound really nervous?

Or sick.

Her golf whisper is nauseating. Less Gulbis please. She's (not for me, but for many others) the opposite of the old saying "you've got a face for radio."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, this sucks.

Can't stream the US Open and working late so won't be able to watch Tiger's round, either.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

"Get out of the shot, Gulbis!"

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Geez we have ESPN on here at work and they've given this thing like zero coverage or attention. Stinks because I remember last year they'd spend hours and hours talking about it before they came on the air. When you take them away from airing, they don't give a crap about you.

Geez we have ESPN on here at work and they've given this thing like zero coverage or attention. Stinks because I remember last year they'd spend hours and hours talking about it before they came on the air. When you take them away from airing, they don't give a crap about you.

Maybe you should try Foxsports?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Maybe you should try Foxsports?

haha I wish. I'm in a room with a bunch of other guys and they like ESPN on and usually I do except for today. Thank god for my computer.

@Crim did I hear that Phil made a crazy baseball swing on a ball by his hips and left himself on the green.

Please confirm.

That most have been the one when he was in the rough. It was an amazing shot, the ball was above him so yeah I guess it looked pretty baseball like, but didn't seem overtly crazy.

Phil with another beautiful drive and approach. Looking really good.

Kuchar, Matsuyama, and G-Mac group is on one of the featured holes now.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I think Gulbis needs more preparation and rehearsal.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!