IGNORED

Where do you leave your phone while playing?

Scotsclaff
Note: This thread is 3249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Where do you leave your phone while playing?

• Home.
    • The car.
    • The locker.
    • In your pocket turned off.
    • In your pocket turned on.

Home.

The car.

The locker.

In your pocket turned off.

In your pocket turned on.

I take mine with me but it's turned off,one of our group leaves his in the locker but I think the rest have their phones with them turned off.

I turn mine back on when I get back to the clubhouse.

Keep mine in my cart or if I am walking in a side pouch in my bag. During tournaments I turn it off and keep it in my bag still.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

C'mon people................I'm not buying it that anyone turns off a phone!   Nobody shuts their phones off and I call BS on that!   I don't think my phone has ever been shut off....even on airplanes..LOL (airplane mode for that)   Yes....please do make it "SILENT" on the course because nobody wants to hear it ring, but I'm not drinking the cool aid that people turn theirs off.

If I am playing late afternoon during the week during business hours, I keep my phone in the cart on silent so I can periodically check messages.  On the weekends.......it stays ON, but in the bag until the round is over.

I am hereby officially calling YOU/anybody out as a non-golfer if you leave your ringer on!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

In my bag, my biggest worry is to turn my watch off of vibrate mode so it doesnt vibrate with some junk email during my swing.

I play with guys that are expected to answer emails 7 days a week - i just wont let them drive the cart anymore.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I leave my phone on mute in the cart because I use either Golflogix or Golfshot.     I really detest a phone ringing on the golf course.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

mute is good.....   I don't even mind vibrate.

What's in Paul's Bag:

I keep it my in my pocket ... it stays there all day every day, and I feel odd without it. However, I despise talking on the phone ... so I ALWAYS have it on silent. Pisses my wife off when she can't call me at work. To answer the question why have a "phone" ... I am txt/email only kind of guy ... that way I control when and where I want receive said input. Otherwise it rules my life and not the other way around.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Phone in a zipper pocket in my bag, ringer and vibrator turned off. Never check it while on the course. I'm old enough that I can remember a time in the distant past when a person would be out of touch with others unless you happened to see them face to face, or if you chose to stop at a pay phone. I long for those days and try to recreate them on the course.

When I walk alone, it's in my pocket, (ringer and vibrator off) with earbuds plugged into my ears, playing music.

In bag or cart on silent......periodically checking e-mail/scores/leaderboards, but only when waiting on the group in front of us

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

In a zippered side pocket on the golf bag, ringer muted (unless I forget, which I occasionally do).  I'm retired, so don't have to worry about work trying to contact me, and my friends can wait until I'm done playing golf.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I always try to keep mine in the bag, mainly because I don't want to forget it.  However, there are times when I have to have the phone in the cart because I may have to answer a call or I'm on call for something with work - I keep it on vibrate and I don't stress about it to much.  I never turn it off...     I just wish I could take my phone battery out and use it with my range finder sometimes...  I hate when those batteries go dead!

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

If I walk, which I usually do, my phone is in my back pocket on silent.  I have my wedge distances including partial swings, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, full, in my notes on the phone.  I refer to that from time to time.

I'll also occasionally take a picture at a time when it won't slow us down.

Not a poll option but in the console of my push cart on vibrate.  I hate having anything other than a pitch tool and ball marker in my pockets.

Brad

I have mine on a belt clip on mute. I'm using game golf and the GPS app.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I just wish I could take my phone battery out and use it with my range finder sometimes...  I hate when those batteries go dead!

Very true!  I always keep a spare battery in my bag because when the laser dies....it's always during a round!. LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:

...I just wish I could take my phone battery out and use it with my range finder sometimes...  I hate when those batteries go dead!

Those Lithium CR123 batteries have an amazingly long shelf life.  Toss a spare or two in your golf bag, they'll still be good to go when your current battery dies.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Note: This thread is 3249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!