IGNORED

Tiger Woods Announces Summer PGA Tour 2015 Schedule

Silent
Note: This thread is 3252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger announces his next 5 Tour starts:

Quote:
Looks like Tiger Woods is intent on playing a pretty full schedule over the next three months.

Five days after announcing he would compete in next week's PLAYERS Championship, Woods tweeted that would play the Memorial Tournament, The Greenbrier Classic and Quicken Loans National, in addition to the next two majors, the U.S. Open and the Open Championship.

http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/news/2015/04/29/tiger-woods-memorial.html

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good to see him play Greenbrier. That's a new one to his list. I think you'll see a lot of top players play that with The National being moved to the end of July after the British instead of before it.

http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/news/2015/04/29/tiger-woods-memorial.html

I imagine he'd have announced through the PGA Championship if he'd been confident he'd be within the OWGR cut off for the WGC Bridgestone before it.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Good to see him play Greenbrier. That's a new one to his list. I think you'll see a lot of top players play that with The National being moved to the end of July after the British instead of before it.

i believe that Tigs has played the Greenbrier before.  2012, i think.

Colin P.

• Administrator

i believe that Tigs has played the Greenbrier before.  2012, i think.

Yeah, I think it was rumored something weird was going on because both he and Phil played it the same year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, I think it was rumored something weird was going on because both he and Phil played it the same year.

If I recall correctly, the allegations were some quid pro quo - they either were paid to play in an exhibition, or donations to their charity, some referred to it as appearance fees (which are not allowed on the PGA tour)

Players play, tough players win!

And....BOTH of them MC too !

Ray

Hmm, was it all an elaborate plot to get them both to a secret meeting on the Saturday?  LOL

Is Greenbriar the place that has the hidden and formerly secret National Security bunker that was revealed a few years ago?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Was it built by the freemasons?

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Hmm, was it all an elaborate plot to get them both to a secret meeting on the Saturday?  LOL Is Greenbriar the place that has the hidden and formerly secret National Security bunker that was revealed a few years ago?

Yes. They've also had an interesting history with who their head pro has been.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Going to the Players next week - it always funny watching his galleries walk by like the Pied Piper and all those rats. RIP Stuart Scott.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent

Going to the Players next week - it always funny watching his galleries walk by like the Pied Piper and all those rats. RIP Stuart Scott.

Arnie had is Army.  Jack had his.  Fans want to watch the greatest of each era.  If Rory keeps it up, he will have his.

OT - Stuart Scott was a class act.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Arnie had is Army.  Jack had his.  Fans want to watch the greatest of each era.  If Rory keeps it up, he will have his.   OT - Stuart Scott was a class act.

What would you call them, Rory's Rooters? Or does that sound too much like the plumbing company, haha

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Arnie had is Army.  Jack had his.  Fans want to watch the greatest of each era.  If Rory keeps it up, he will have his.

OT - Stuart Scott was a class act.

What would you call them, Rory's Rooters? Or does that sound too much like the plumbing company, haha

Rooting, in Australia, is something quite different!  Correct, @Shorty ?

Scott

My Swing Thread

Haha, I just googled it. Well, however they see fit to best support Rory...

Dom's Sticks:

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Rooting, in Australia, is something quite different!  Correct, @Shorty

?

Haha, I just googled it. Well, however they see fit to best support Rory...

:dance::beer:

Scott

My Swing Thread

That certainly explains Robert Allenby's reaction when I said I was rooting for him...

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

.  If Rory keeps it up, he will have his.

Rory already draws. Was at Arnie's tourney and he had a throng following him just for a practice round.  Meanwhile three of us followed Jason Day for 18 holes - no fanfare. What does that say about your everyday golf fan?

Note: This thread is 3252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!