IGNORED

I hate it when...

Aguirre
Note: This thread is 3281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hate it when...your buddies that are used to beating you are full of jokes and smiles when they are winning but mopey and cranky when they are losing.  I've made a conscious effort this year to improve but rather than acknowledge my commitment they opt to make snide remarks about how much better they'd be if they put the time and effort I have into golf.

I really wouldn't care but they get so cranky and whiney when they lose it makes it less fun to play.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This was said in many times in various threads.   But I will say it again ... it just happened in my round today.

I hate it when a group behind hits into green while we are still in and around green.   Today, a guy hits into our green one of us was still putting the pin back in the hole.  A few holes later, while we were walking away from the green, a guy hits his shot and completely misses the shot to the left of green about 10 feet from us.   WTF?

That happened to me multiple times yesterday.  On one hole, dude hit it on the Par 5 while all three players in my group hadn't putted out.  My guess is he was 180 out playing up a two club hill.  What a moron.

"Witty golf quote."

• Administrator

I hate it when...your buddies that are used to beating you are full of jokes and smiles when they are winning but mopey and cranky when they are losing.  I've made a conscious effort this year to improve but rather than acknowledge my commitment they opt to make snide remarks about how much better they'd be if they put the time and effort I have into golf.

I really wouldn't care but they get so cranky and whiney when they lose it makes it less fun to play.

I used to be a bit like this (not a lot, it's just a game, after all) but I've been a lot better at this in later years. It is, after all, just a game.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I used to be a bit like this (not a lot, it's just a game, after all) but I've been a lot better at this in later years. It is, after all, just a game.

That's how I feel, it's just a game.  My drive to improve has nothing to do with them, it's about me trying to see how good I can get.

Joe Paradiso

I hate it when a 6 foot long snake slowly crosses my path.   I am torn between catching it for an exotic meal and skin, and giving it a wide berth.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

My top ones were named...

1) Slow play

2) Not letting fast golfers play through

Number three is...

I hate it when I see golfers not replacing their divots, nor are they repairing their ball marks on the green.

Finally...

I hate it when a bug flies onto my ball in the middle of my backswing. Do I pull the trigger, or not?

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I hate it when I see golfers not replacing their divots, nor are they repairing their ball marks on the green.

Finally...

I hate it when a bug flies onto my ball in the middle of my backswing. Do I pull the trigger, or not?

I fix 5 - 6 divots and ball marks at a time when time permits.   Still, there seem to be too many unfixed ones.

I say, pull it.  Just the other day, a bee landed on my ball and won't budge.   I swung and the stubborn bee got out of the way with plenty of time to spare.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I hate it when the fairway is clear and a person talks on the tee box instead of getting ready to hit. Drives me nuts.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

IHIW a slow group several groups in front keeps letting groups play through and every time they do it just slows down my round and everyone behind me by another 10 minutes.  (They really should be skipping ahead a hole instead of letting groups play through).

I mostly just hate slow play.  If I'm in a group it's a little more bearable since I can chat with people but if I'm playing alone it annoys the hell out of me.

IHIW a slow group several groups in front keeps letting groups play through and every time they do it just slows down my round and everyone behind me by another 10 minutes.  (They really should be skipping ahead a hole instead of letting groups play through).

So, they should only play 17 holes (or 16 or 15, etc.)?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

IHIW I have an injury, no matter how minor or major, that keeps me from being able to play golf.  I also hate it when someone gets 2 pops on a par 3 in the men's day game.

Mark in Colorado

IHIW I have an injury, no matter how minor or major, that keeps me from being able to play golf.  I also hate it when someone gets 2 pops on a par 3 in the men's day game.

I hate it when I have to look up "IHIW" to understand what the acronym is. :doh:

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I do not think it is a totally horrible idea.  At my club they ask people twice to get back in position and inform them the second time that if they do not comply they will be ordered to skip ahead to get back in position. So potentially it might cost a hole or more of play by not staying in position. Probably alienates customers but maybe not the target customer the course wants to cater to anyway, not sure about how that works out.

It used to bother me when people said nice shot to a shot that was a bad shot but a good result. Like a skulled wedge that skitters and bobbles to withing two feet of the hole. I did not hate it and it does not bother me at all now.

Mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

I do not think it is a totally horrible idea.  At my club they ask people twice to get back in position and inform them the second time that if they do not comply they will be ordered to skip ahead to get back in position.

My club does that too but very rarely.

On a busy day, keep letting the group behind pass will slow down thing even further for all the groups behind.   Instead, they should offer the group behind to skip ahead to the next open hole, or they should skip ahead themselves.    My 2 cents.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I do not think it is a totally horrible idea.  At my club they ask people twice to get back in position and inform them the second time that if they do not comply they will be ordered to skip ahead to get back in position. So potentially it might cost a hole or more of play by not staying in position. Probably alienates customers but maybe not the target customer the course wants to cater to anyway, not sure about how that works out.

I've seen a marshall tell a group to skip a hole to catch up with the pace of play.

On the courses I play, every tee time is booked up.  Letting a group through helps the group you let through at the expense of every foursome with a later tee time for the rest of the day.

Letting a group through only makes sense when there is no one close behind the group you let through. (Or perhaps letting a single or twosome play through that really moves through fast makes sense. But singles and twosomes don't happen much on the courses I play.  Torrey for example is foursomes at every tee time all day long... all year long for that matter).

Note: This thread is 3281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!