IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, saevel25 said:

only because 22% of the vote got split between rubio and Trump. I could even said if Carson, Bush, and Kasich were out that maybe Rubio or Cruz would come close to beating Trump. 

It's not over yet. We've had three states. I think even a 3 man race will make it a tight race for Trump in a lot of states. 

You are making the false assumption that everyone voting for Cruz or Rubio is doing so simply to vote against Trump. When their candidate drops out, many will simply not vote, and many will go to other candidates, including Trump. 

You are also forgetting that these primaries are getting record turnouts, far above anything seen before, so Trump is pulling in more gross votes than any candidate has in a very long time. People are turning out to vote FOR him. Many of them crossover moderate Dems as well. 

People have been counting him out for 6 months now, they have been wrong every single time! When will they acknowledge that they've been wrong every single time?

- Mark

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Braivo said:

You are making the false assumption that everyone voting for Cruz or Rubio is doing so simply to vote against Trump. When their candidate drops out, many will simply not vote, and many will go to other candidates, including Trump. 

You are also forgetting that these primaries are getting record turnouts, far above anything seen before, so Trump is pulling in more gross votes than any candidate has in a very long time. People are turning out to vote FOR him. Many of them crossover moderate Dems as well. 

People have been counting him out for 6 months now, they have been wrong every single time! When will they acknowledge that they've been wrong every single time?

I know at least a few of them, but not sure if that makes up enough to call that "many".

The fact is, Trump is the most electable Republican candidate, and the only one that can actually win a battle against Hillary. Cruz and Rubio are just wannabes.

Trump is running for office because he's getting tired of the incompetent "leadership".

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

40 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I know at least a few of them, but not sure if that makes up enough to call that "many".

The fact is, Trump is the most electable Republican candidate, and the only one that can actually win a battle against Hillary. Cruz and Rubio are just wannabes.

Trump is running for office because he's getting tired of the incompetent "leadership".

Trump v. Hillary is going to an epic, entertaining battle for the American people to watch. Looking forward to it. 

Ultimately, Trump's energy and stamina will prove him worthy of POTUS and bring great change to our nation's political landscape. 

On another note, I find it amazing that someone could be so afraid of Trump that they are spending $3m of their own money on a campaign against Trump, not even for another candidate, just against Trump:

Marlene Ricketts, the matriarch of the Ricketts family that owns the Chicago Cubs baseball team, contributed $3 million to the anti-Trump super-PAC "Our Principles PAC," which is being run by former Mitt Romney adviser Katie Packer. 

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/fundraising/270184-secret-anti-trump-donor-revealed

This goes a long way to bolster the argument that Trump is not "representing the rich". Clearly it is the richest individuals that are most afraid of him, that is very telling. 

Finally, if you look at the evolution of this thread it is quite incredible. It has gone from purely mocking a Trump Presidential run to the realization that this is happening, with guys looking for any sliver of hope that it won't happen. Truly amazing. 

- Mark

3 hours ago, Braivo said:

By the time they do it will be too late. Unless Cruz or Rubio pulls away from the other on Super Tuesday they will both stay in the race until mid-March. It will be over by then. Rubio should be the choice to consolidate around, but Cruz will show strongly in the South on Super Tuesday, keeping him in the race. The odds don't look good, time they start rallying around Trump.

Trump won every single delegate in an extremely conservative, evangelical state in the same week that he battled with the Pope and blamed 9/11 on GWB. 

It is laughable to think that anyone other than Trump came away with momentum. No candidate has every won both NH and SC and not gone on to win the nomination. 

You are WAY optimistic. Trump is s rogue candidate in a primary season where the GOP was silly enough to let a dozen candidates cling to hopes and skew polls and results. When this gets to 3 and the convention nears this will be a different race. 

Dave :-)

As more candidates drop out, Trump's chance of getting the nomination will dwindle.  Their votes will more likely to go to Rubio than Trump.    A proof in point - Trump enjoyed much bigger lead in SC.  After a few more candidates dropped out & by the SC's primary, his doube digit lead almost disappeared (to 10%) and guess who was at the 2nd place?  Rubio.   With Bush vowing out, Trump's lead will go down further.    

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Had to respond to RKim.  You have the situation read incorrectly.  1st, Trump over-performed his RCP poll average in SC.  2nd, this election represents an insurgency against the establishment.  62% of the vote went to insurgent candidates.  Rubio represents the establishment due mostly to his pro-immigration amnesty stance.  He's being funded by pro-immigration billionaires who want to increase H1Bs and really don't want to do much to stem the surge of illegal immigration.  Hence, he cannot and will not win.  

The only one who can beat Trump is Cruz but I don't see it happening.  Trump is going to be the nominee and as such, our next president.  I just hope he keeps his promises.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

On 2/4/2016 at 1:51 PM, rehmwa said:

I'm terrified of 4 people in the race for pres (YMMV - personal opinion only and I know others disagree)

1 - Hillary (no need to explain this - criminal, opportunistic, just a horrible person)

2 - Bernie (I believe he's sincere, but I also believe that his superpower will be the total annihilation of the world economy)

3 - Trump he's terrible and vindictive, a total disaster in waiting for any type of foreign policy work

4 - Cruz - we need an evangelical conservative type like we need a mountain of dirty diapers (Rubio might be an acceptable lower octane version of this that I could plug my nose and vote for....)

I'm really sad that our top 4 options are caricatures of the crazy uncle fringes of both parties

I'd like to revise my previous comments now as I see Rubio positioning himself to try and 'out Cruz' Cruz in anticipation of a likely overall Trump rejection later in the game.

Candidate #4 I now officially re-name - "Cruzbio"

This is now also my official Nov voting position:

MWSnap 2016-01-29, 11_55_22.jpg

Actually - whatever final two get on the tickets, I'm likely going to vote for whoever I think will be 'contained' most vigorously by congress (if they find their balls by then and start taking back their work from the Exec and Judicial that have been hijacking their duties the last couple decades).  I'm from Minnesota - we survived Jesse, so I think it's doable.

Bill - 

12 hours ago, Gunther said:

Had to respond to RKim.  You have the situation read incorrectly.  1st, Trump over-performed his RCP poll average in SC.  2nd, this election represents an insurgency against the establishment.  62% of the vote went to insurgent candidates.  Rubio represents the establishment due mostly to his pro-immigration amnesty stance.  He's being funded by pro-immigration billionaires who want to increase H1Bs and really don't want to do much to stem the surge of illegal immigration.  Hence, he cannot and will not win.  

The only one who can beat Trump is Cruz but I don't see it happening.  Trump is going to be the nominee and as such, our next president.  I just hope he keeps his promises.

I truly believe that he'll do whatever he can, but is still going to be limited by whatever the 435 congressmen and 100 senators allow him to do.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

12 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I truly believe that he'll do whatever he can, but is still going to be limited by whatever the 435 congressmen and 100 senators allow him to do.

Which is of course true no matter who we end up with.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

6 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

Which is of course true no matter who we end up with.

Okay, I truly believe he will at least put up a fight. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

HAHA! 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

19 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Haha! That is fantastic! Might have to get me a pair! Thanks!

I bought both DT and BS, too fun to not. Love The Sock Drawer and was happy to see that sitting in my email this AM. Going to use BS for my white elephant gift next xmas.

On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 10:55 PM, Gunther said:

Anyone questioning this now?  Seems traffic on this thread has slowed considerably since Trump started running the table.  Kinda fun.  (Trump not my guy but I'll be voting for him in the General.)

Let's go ahead and make America great again, shall we?

Edited by Gunther

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

5 hours ago, Gunther said:

Anyone questioning this now?  Seems traffic on this thread has slowed considerably since Trump started running the table.  Kinda fun.  (Trump not my guy but I'll be voting for him in the General.)

Let's go ahead and make America great again, shall we?

Lol. Oh no, The Buffoons are winning and @Gunther finds that cause to celebrate. Hmmm.....

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I am good with it. I'll take a radical to more of the same. Especially since the more of the same that is most concerned with Trump are the dopey right wing obstructionists. He is stealing their votes and they didn't see it coming.

Not only did he run an end around on them they are starting to grumble almost treating him like he is a third party in disguise. Funny stuff. 

My fear of Trump is he has the potential to sabotage himself, still early. 

Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!