IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

26 minutes ago, Elmer said:

First, Who discriminated against "white people"?
Simply put, our security forces are doing a great job defusing any potential terrorist attacks. However for all the talk of "Muslims" you would think they are shooting up the place? When in fact they are not. Statistacly, more white males have conducted mass shootings.

Secondly I watched the video "anti-White Racism"
"Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white" is a straw manphrase used by white nationalists, white separatists, white supremacists and their ilk. Individuals who make this claim allege that the real bigots are actually the people who claim to be anti-racists, as they have a secret anti-white agenda. This phrase can be found copied and pasted in any comments section of a YouTube video or other web page discussing racial matters.  
The next video after "anti-White Racism" on youtube is "Jews admit organizing White Genocide".
Way to use questionable content to make your point that you are a minority and being discriminated against!

"And why the hell are people that work 40 hours a week paying for people to not have jobs?"

Anyone who pays taxes is adding to the pot that in which provides "social services" to those in need. It is not just "rich people", but also us middle class and working class stiffs as well. and while you object to providing welfare to those who do not have jobs, do you also object to provide to those whose jobs do not provide enough?
Do you complain when military family's or working poor utilize and collect welfare, snap or any form of public assistance?
Or is it just the non working in the "inner city"?

"Im all for banning certain items from being able to be purchased with welfare. I'm tired of seeing people on welfare complaining they don't have enough and walking around in a pair of Yeezys"

Who are you to define the liberty of others?
And how many welfare recipients do you know who are complaining?
or are you just regurgitating that people on welfare buy nothing but expensive sneakers?

But in most cases the sneakers are bought with money earned "under the table" through means you would not approve of. but they are working for it!

So they are taking money earned off the record so they don't have to pay their fair tax.  You don't do much to make your point with that one.  And even worse if they are collecting welfare and food stamps while earning money under the table.  Add to that the number of food stamp recipients who sell the stamps for cash so they can buy liquor and other items not allowed under food stamps.  The real problem with the welfare system is the apparent impossibility of curbing these excesses, of seeking out and penalizing those who game the system so that those who really need it and who use it properly get what they deserve without the stigma or suspicions of fraud that seem universally attached to it.

I don't know if there is a solution, but enabling further social programs by putting a Bernie Sanders in office just threatens to make it more cumbersome and unmanageable.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, Elmer said:

First, Who discriminated against "white people"?
Simply put, our security forces are doing a great job defusing any potential terrorist attacks. However for all the talk of "Muslims" you would think they are shooting up the place? When in fact they are not. Statistacly, more white males have conducted mass shootings.

Secondly I watched the video "anti-White Racism"
"Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white" is a straw manphrase used by white nationalists, white separatists, white supremacists and their ilk. Individuals who make this claim allege that the real bigots are actually the people who claim to be anti-racists, as they have a secret anti-white agenda. This phrase can be found copied and pasted in any comments section of a YouTube video or other web page discussing racial matters.  
The next video after "anti-White Racism" on youtube is "Jews admit organizing White Genocide".
Way to use questionable content to make your point that you are a minority and being discriminated against!

"And why the hell are people that work 40 hours a week paying for people to not have jobs?"

Anyone who pays taxes is adding to the pot that in which provides "social services" to those in need. It is not just "rich people", but also us middle class and working class stiffs as well. and while you object to providing welfare to those who do not have jobs, do you also object to provide to those whose jobs do not provide enough?
Do you complain when military family's or working poor utilize and collect welfare, snap or any form of public assistance?
Or is it just the non working in the "inner city"?

"Im all for banning certain items from being able to be purchased with welfare. I'm tired of seeing people on welfare complaining they don't have enough and walking around in a pair of Yeezys"

Who are you to define the liberty of others?
And how many welfare recipients do you know who are complaining?
or are you just regurgitating that people on welfare buy nothing but expensive sneakers?

But in most cases the sneakers are bought with money earned "under the table" through means you would not approve of. but they are working for it!

You seem to enjoy pointing out our military uses EBT and public assistance, I find it sad.  What you are missing is our enlisted men and women are serving our country, potentially placing their lives at risk for our freedom.  They certainly deserve better compensation than someone who takes orders in fast food and sweeps floors but when have you ever heard a democrat argue for better compensation for our military.  

If all the deadbeats on welfare joined the military I'd have no problem with them using food stamps to bridge the gap, but sitting on their asses collecting checks isn't acceptable.  That's the difference between a republican and democrat.

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator

@Fourputt, @newtogolf, again, please heed the :offtopic: warnings a few posts earlier.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

None of that matters anyway because Clinton has moved on from Sanders and is starting her GE campaign. Last few days her speeches have been half about her intentions and half about the messy republican race.

The republican candidates will argue which of them is best suited to take on Clinton but she's starting to look more like a front runner every day. Trump will have a tough time debating with someone as well versed as Clinton. As would Cruz or Rubio, as demonstrated by their poor debates, they certainly haven't been an effective primer for what Trump will face next.

Trying to tar her with Benghazi and the email scandal that so far hasn't revealed any major concerns will bounce right off her. All that's left will be to rag on her for being Obama part deux which also won't work because most have accepted maybe he wasn't so bad after all. Country is certainly in a better place than it was after eight years of Bush.

It's probably the best that can happen for the GOP at this point. They blew it and they know it. It's time to move on and accept Trump as a candidate knowing he won't win so they can keep their jobs trying to shoot down everything Clinton tries to pass. They are prepared for that, been doing it eight years now.

Dave :-)

55 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

You seem to enjoy pointing out our military uses EBT and public assistance, I find it sad.  What you are missing is our enlisted men and women are serving our country, potentially placing their lives at risk for our freedom.  They certainly deserve better compensation than someone who takes orders in fast food and sweeps floors but when have you ever heard a democrat argue for better compensation for our military.  

If all the deadbeats on welfare joined the military I'd have no problem with them using food stamps to bridge the gap, but sitting on their asses collecting checks isn't acceptable.  That's the difference between a republican and democrat.

The misconception is that EBT=Lazy, this has been put forth by politicians and bought by the public and is simply untrue as a generalization. I point it out because many military can be considered "working poor" and we have alot of people who fall into this category.

1 hour ago, Fourputt said:

Add to that the number of food stamp recipients who sell the stamps for cash so they can buy liquor and other items not allowed under food stamps.

So you dont have any issue with a Vet going to the VA getting medication and then selling it off because they cant make ends meet?
What about a medicaid receipt selling their medication?
People are always going to find a way to make end meets, under the radar.
But will this stop when Trump (Drumpf) makes the VA great again?
Will Trump (Drumpf) even increase the pay for a private 1st class which is about $19,740 a year.
Trump has spent all his time talking about walls or making everything great again, yet never address us poor people.

And back even further on topic. Cruz on an interview with Today reporter called Trump & Clinton "New York Liberals".

He is making a move to paint Trump as a liberal!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Slim pickings indeed, no argument from me there. You knew someone was going to broach the topic. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

This ought to piss David Duke off he just got upstaged.

The strange-bedfellows truism of American politics was all but redefined Tuesday when Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump – currently taking fire from his own party for the support he's getting from the Ku Klux Klan – got a salute from Louis Farrakhan, longtime leader of the Nation of Islam.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-01/louis-farrakhan-on-donald-trump-i-like-what-im-looking-at

1 minute ago, Dave2512 said:

How about Duke and Farrakhan in a cage match with Trump as the ref?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

How about Duke and Farrakhan in a cage match with Trump as the ref?

Or they could be assigned a deli cart in Times Square to see who can sell the most pastrami sandwiches. Celebrity Apprentice neo-maxi-zoom-dweebie douche special, you're fired!

Trump turned his mode on a dime last night. Watch for him to act more Presidential tomorrow in the debate. He is now going to act like the Commander in Chief from here on out. The establishment threw everything, including the kitchen sink, at him and he took 7 out of 10 states including Rubio's base of establishment cronies in VA. 

Rubio is all but finished and Cruz is not going to win outside of the evangelical states. It is Trump all the way unless they manage to keep a split field long enough to force a contested conventions, in which case things get really ugly. Some would prefer this, but I think it'd be wise if they consolidate behind Trump sooner rather than later otherwise you are just handing this to Hillary. 

- Mark

2 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Trump turned his mode on a dime last night. Watch for him to act more Presidential tomorrow in the debate. He is now going to act like the Commander in Chief from here on out. The establishment threw everything, including the kitchen sink, at him and he took 7 out of 10 states including Rubio's base of establishment cronies in VA. 

Rubio is all but finished and Cruz is not going to win outside of the evangelical states. It is Trump all the way unless they manage to keep a split field long enough to force a contested conventions, in which case things get really ugly. Some would prefer this, but I think it'd be wise if they consolidate behind Trump sooner rather than later otherwise you are just handing this to Hillary. 

If it's a contested convention, they may as well hand the election to Hillary.  

Joe Paradiso

Just now, newtogolf said:

Right. I am afraid some in the RNC would rather have that than a Trump presidency. Watch where the money goes. I am seeing Cruz ads here in MI even though he is polling poorly, someone is putting good money after bad. 

A consolidation around Trump would allow him to ease off the antics and become more palatable for the GE. He can swing it, but he needs time and support. 

- Mark

2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

And one can only hope that there are some in the Republican leadership who are smart enough to realize this, yet and at the same time humble enough to admit to the defeat of the party establishment.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

22 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Sounds like a plan from the GOP to stick it to Trump. I don't think Cruz bows out. Rubio is in trouble. He doesn't seem to be a fighter for the long haul if he keeps dropping. 

17 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Right. I am afraid some in the RNC would rather have that than a Trump presidency.

There are probably some prideful people who might just want to ruin Trump's chances for the GE. 

19 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

And one can only hope that there are some in the Republican leadership who are smart enough to realize this, yet and at the same time humble enough to admit to the defeat of the party establishment.

It wouldn't be much of an establishment if they didn't go down guns ablazing :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

20 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

Sounds like a plan from the GOP to stick it to Trump. I don't think Cruz bows out. Rubio is in trouble. He doesn't seem to be a fighter for the long haul if he keeps dropping. 

There are probably some prideful people who might just want to ruin Trump's chances for the GE. 

It wouldn't be much of an establishment if they didn't go down guns ablazing :-D

The establishment is deeply rooted in congress. Allowing Trump to get the nom is likely less detrimental to them over the long-term than fighting and having a mess at the convention. As @Fourputt said, who has the humility to accept this defeat gracefully, make amends with Trump, and move forward united? Trump essentially offered such an olive branch last night at his press conference. 

Additionally, a split convention still may lead to a Trump nomination. By that point far more votes will have been cast for Trump than any other candidate. To ignore the wishes of all of those voters would alienate the party for good. They have a real opportunity to expand their base right now, many voting Trump are not registered GOP. 

- Mark

24 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

Looks like the RNC has hired Romney as a mercenary to take out Trump, he's scheduled to give a speech on Wednesday or Thursday that contains all the dirt the RNC has on Trump.    

Joe Paradiso

26 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Looks like the RNC has hired Romney as a mercenary to take out Trump, he's scheduled to give a speech on Wednesday or Thursday that contains all the dirt the RNC has on Trump.    

I bet he's doing it pro bono, haha.

In fairness to Trump, it's what he himself advocated for: pointing out dirt against other candidates in the primary so that it doesn't spring up on the party in the general when it's already too late to get someone else. It's why he kept threatening to sue Cruz over being Canadian.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Note: This thread is 3110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!