IGNORED

2016 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

dunfy3
Note: This thread is 2717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4-0 up after one set of matches. Hot damn. What a start.

On an unrelated note, I call my doctor if it's been 4 hours, right?

• Upvote 2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

34 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Haha, that's an ominous reference. 

LoL. It was more intended to reference Tug McGraw's 'Ya Gotta Believe' mantra.

@DaveP043 do they have a 'clock' in Ryder Cup?

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

4 minutes ago, natureboy said:

I'm watching/listening at work through the Golf Channel website, I assume its the NBC/Golf Channel feed.  I heard a discussion during the morning rounds that the lead group was "on the clock" at some point early in the back nine.  I'm really only half listening, so I can't tell you the details, but there's at least some monitoring of the pace of play.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 minute ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm watching/listening at work through the Golf Channel website, I assume its the NBC/Golf Channel feed.  I heard a discussion during the morning rounds that the lead group was "on the clock" at some point early in the back nine.  I'm really only half listening, so I can't tell you the details, but there's at least some monitoring of the pace of play.

Thnks, didn't know that.

Kevin

I like No-Hat Rory. Kinda reminds me of Headbandless Lebron James. Hopefully the former is not as lights out as the latter. 

10 minutes ago, natureboy said:

LoL. It was more intended to reference Tug McGraw's 'Ya Gotta Believe' mantra.

Ah. Thought it might have been that too. 

Constantine

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

If you're out of position, your group is timed. In foursomes, if a side gets three bad times, they lose the hole. They have 60 seconds though. Justin Rose got a bad time earlier today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

If you're out of position, your group is timed. In foursomes, if a side gets three bad times, they lose the hole. They have 60 seconds though. Justin Rose got a bad time earlier today.

Out of position in the lead group is relative to time par?

Kevin

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 minutes ago, Hazsa said:

Can't believe I'm hearing cheers this loud for a ball going in the water, in a Golf match.

If this doesn't fire the players up nothing will.

It is quite embarrassing to hear. There's no call for it and anyone doing it really shouldn't be allowed to stay. Of course, I'm sure they won't kick them out.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

No ball? :-)

schoolboy error :-D. He must have had to play with someone else's. Hang on, that's a different type of golf

• Upvote 1

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Some of these fans are lame. Why all the yelling after a shot -  "bathwater" and other nonsense? Serving too much booze I guess. I like the high energy though, that's fun.

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

U.S. pairs need to fight for some halves here.

Anyone finding the 'featured' internet feed coverage pretty poor? Granted it's free, but it's constant commercials that run right through important play, fluff pieces during play, video highlights of 20 seconds each preceded by a 30 second commercial and all they show are putts, not the shots that set them up.

I think the contrast between Rose/Stenson and Reed/Spieth is an interesting example of relative importance of different parts of the game in the different formats.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

US twin beards power, activate! Form of, a halve at a Ryder Cup!  :-D

• Upvote 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Even with a weaker than expected 4-ball session (barring an unexpected half from Holmes/Moore), the U.S. is in same points position at the end of the first day that Europe was in 2014: 5-3.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

Note: This thread is 2717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!