IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (July 2015)

Note: This thread is 3201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I spent 5-10 mins with my office chair working on moving my weight forward.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Hit balls working on my stuff and did some short game work.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Indoor swings Hip slide/turn head still Brush carpet Feels very relaxed

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

7/26/15: I've not posted in here in a while... Been away for a week working and such, been practicing though... Today I worked on putting again from 15' and in... I haven't played a round since the Club Championship, so I'm probably going to play 36 tomorrow...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Studying LSW, Launch It. Been my objective to get more distance, with accuracy. Range and course work later.

Mirror work to see what my "pushed shot" swing looks like versus my regular swing. Not a lot of difference, but my pushed shot swing really gets the club behind my hands. I need to work on my sequence. There are at least two reasons the club head gets ahead. I'm trying to figure out the sequences that gets me the most power and still keeps the club in the proper position.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Did 5 minutes of mirror work before my workout.  Focused on tempo and getting into the proper position at A6.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Spent some time on the range before golf this morning and used a tripod to practice Key#2 in the living room this afternoon.

Doug

Worked on my pitching today. This part of the game is getting solid :)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Range - worked on moving my weight forward.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Indoor swings.  Hip slide/turn.  Head still, brush carpet.  Left elbow fold on follow through.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

7/27/15: Played 18 holes today, wild round 43-39=82, 3 birdies today, have not had 3 birdies in one round in a long time... 30 putts, 7/18 GIR, 12 nGIR, and one memorable finish I will never forget... Front 9: 1st Par 5 490 yards, Hit an OK drive to left bunker in left rough, Fanned my lay-up in the right rough, missed my 8i third from 148 to the right, topped my pitch over to the other side, took three to get down from there... Double bogey 7... Second, par 3, 136 yards today, hit a solid 9-iron pin high on green left of a left pin 15 feet away, thought the putt was going to break less than it did, missed on low side tap-in par 3 +2 through 2... Third, par 4, 340 yards today, blocked my drive over on the practice range, 147 from pin, hit 8-iron to center of green 20 feet from Hole, Rammed the putt in for a BIRDIE ... Fourth, par 4, 345 yards today, Hit a great drive only had 107 for second shot, Fanned GW by pines on the right, chipped through the green, took 3 to get down from other side, Double Bogey +3 through 4. Fifth, 360 yards, par 4, Hooked 3w into 9 fairway, had 195 to front pin blocked 3h 30 yards right of green hit a solid flop that was literally a foot from being perfect... Didn't make it to the green, flubbed my chip 12 feet short lipped out bogey putt made another 6... +5 thru 5... Sixth, par 4, 340 yards, hit great drive about 250 yards, only had 78 yards to the hole, hit a AW light about 20 feet from Hole, 2 putt for a par, +5 thru 6... Seventh, par 3, 173 yards today, tried to choke down on a 4i ballooned it anyway. Hit a chip and run to the back fringe, Didn't get my putt up slope had 8 feet for bogey and drilled it... +6 thru 7... Eighth, par 4, 330 yards, Hit a funny drive in the left rough, Hit PW from 124 to five feet... Quit on the putt missed it right.. Tapped in for par +6 thru 8... Ninth, par 5, 520 yards today, pulled my drive over by 5 fairway bunker, hit 9i (had a tree maybe 15 yards in front of me) had 130 for my third, PW under tree on right... Chipped to ten feet just left the putt on the edge, bogey, +7 thru 9... The second nine I started on 14 because there was a foursome of Juniors on 1... (9 Hole course)... 5 tee is right by the clubhouse... 14th, 385 yards, par 4... Hit a funny sounding drive about 225 into the wind... Had 176 to the hole, hit a 5i just short of the green. 9i chip and run from 40 feet stone dead, par... 15th, 355 yards, par 4... Sliced my drive into right rough, 7i from 155 onto front of green 3 putts from 30 feet, bogey 5, +8 thru 11... 16th, 187 yards, par 3, hit 4h into wind to 25 feet, 2 putts for a routine par... Still +8 thru 12... 17th, 344 yards, par 4(I measured from where the tee was to the apex then from the apex in), Good drive that ran out of fairway, GW from 107 short right of the green, chip and run 8 feet right of the hole, drained the putt for a par still +8 thru 13... 18th, par 4, 462 yards today, my nemesis Hole which I think of as a short par 5... Hit a great drive 255 down middle 206 to flag, tried a choke down 3W downwind and topped it, my pitch from 40 was slightly thin and ran over the green. Chip from back absolutely stone dead 4 inches from hole, tap-in bogey +9 thru 14... Tenth, par 5, 515 yards, Yanked drive on left rough, blocked second shot in right rough, hit third shot on downslope outside bunker, chipped well to 18 feet and two putted for a bogey... +10 thru 15... 11th, par 3, 180 yards today, Fanned a four-iron just past tree... Missed my spot on my pitch and it hit false front took 3 to get down... DOUBLE BOGEY, +12 thru 16... Now for everyone's favorite part, my last two holes... As I mentioned before I shot 82, this course is a par 72, so I had to play the last two holes in -2... Very weird birdies to finish but here we go... 12th, par 5, 495 yards... Popped up my drive about 180... I hit into a spot of obvious water damage, but didn't take relief, hit a funny 3h only about 145... I had 171 to the hole into a right to left breeze slightly hurting, I hit a light 5i to 6 feet, and canned the putt, BIRDIE 13th, 400 yards, par 4... Hit my drive in right rough trying to cut corner... Had 139 to flag for my second shot, I hit a light 8i downwind, must of caught a flyer because I was 17 yards long under a tree... I could barely get at my ball there was a limb hanging pretty low... So I got in there as best as I could, with a back pin I didn't have a lot of green to work with, and had to carry the rough... I kind of just tried to feel the weight of a 50 foot chip with the green running away trying to land it 25 feet... I figured if I landed it on the fringe... I'd only have a couple feet for par... It comes out at a good trajectory, lands right on the fringe, takes one bounce, starts rolling like a putt, I knew it was going to be good at this point, rolls out and drops right in the center of the hole, BIRDIE I must of jumped 3 feet in the air, it very well may be the best short game/trouble shot I have ever played it my life, because of the tree I think it topped Tiger's '05 Masters chip... I could take a shag bag from that spot and not Hole another one as long as I live

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Very slow swings tonight ... concentrating on turn and beginning of down swing

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Morning read of LSW, Chapters 4-6, and made note cards for mid day range work. Working on weight transfer. Yesterday at range much better flight pattern.

Note: This thread is 3201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!