IGNORED

Tiger Woods Accused of Cheating With Amanda Dufner

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

LOL Every major online golf news outlet posted something about it. So even though it's probably false, I started a thread (someone else would have started it eventually) because it's going to create some discussion and get a lot of posts.

Exactly. This response should go to the "why bother" post.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtleback

No.  Someone has to stand for maturity, class, and treating ALL women with a modicum of respect.  Maybe some folks on the thread do not have moms, wives, or daughters, but some of us do and find it disgusting the way women are being talked about here.  Panties get in a bunch if someone says some one "threw like  girl" but that is far less offensive than some of the comments made in this thread.  I'll defend to the death your right to say these things, but I will also defend to the death my right to criticize them.

So if you were hurt by what I said, maybe you should reconsider your own contributions to the discussion.  And if you feel fine about your contributions, than nothing I said matters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinsk

Many people simply don't understand that there are women who choose men based on financial or social benefits period. This isn't s derogatory notion any more. There are many women who will admit it up front and see no shame whatsoever. As long as there are men who will play the game it will continue. The unfortunate outcome is when a genuinely nice guy like we assume Dufner is doesn't really see it and believes there is true love there mutually. I'm sure he's learned a valuable lesson and will be fine. I feel for the guy and hope he just moves on. As far as Tiger's deal, it's a tough call regarding the validity of such an accusation. But I can't imagine with today's social media being able to hide this for long if it's true.

Sorry, I have a wife and a daughter but no single group is entitled to respect, it's earned on a individual basis.

All men and women are capable of having questionable motives, morals and ethics that aren't worthy of being given respect.  Amanda might be a great person if you knew her, but our opinions of her are based on the way she conducts herself in public arenas that we are privy too.

If she cheated with Tiger they are both in the wrong, but imo she is more wrong since she was married and Tiger was someone that her husband worked with.

I'm not sure why you included my message in the quote, but just to clarify, My comments were not about people talking about whether or not they had the affair or speculating about her morals or even her motives in her relationship with Jason.  My comments are aimed at those who feel the necessity to display juvenile macho locker room BS in the utterly despicable way they talk about how they themselves would deal with her and what they themselves would do to her.

As to respect?  As far as anyone here knows, Amanda Dufner has done nothing to deserve comments from the peanut gallery about the kind, duration, and intensity of the sex they personally would have with her. THAT is what I am criticizing.  They want to have an opinion of her morals, her motives, her behavior?  Fine.  I DON'T CARE!  But that isn't what I was talking about and that does not excuse some of the messages in this thread.  I'm not going to embarrass anyone by picking out the worst comments, anyone can read the whole thread for themselves and find them.  It is the same crap that always crops up in a few messages in every thread about cart girls.

• Upvote 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I have no idea whether the story is true or not.  What I do know is that there are a surprising number of immature misogynistic pigs posting in this thread who never got past the junior high school level when it comes to how they talk about women. You know who you are.

Thanks @turttleback. I agree. I'm certainly not above talking like a misogynistic pig on the golf course (or the golf forum in this case). And although I'm not your average politically correct guy, i apologize to all who are offended, and encourage other member to respect everyone. And if respect for women isn't enough for you, do it for the good of golf.

Many people simply don't understand that there are women who choose men based on financial or social benefits period. This isn't s derogatory notion any more. There are many women who will admit it up front and see no shame whatsoever. As long as there are men who will play the game it will continue. The unfortunate outcome is when a genuinely nice guy like we assume Dufner is doesn't really see it and believes there is true love there mutually. I'm sure he's learned a valuable lesson and will be fine. I feel for the guy and hope he just moves on. As far as Tiger's deal, it's a tough call regarding the validity of such an accusation. But I can't imagine with today's social media being able to hide this for long if it's true.

I'm pretty sure Amanda was with Dufner before he made it on the tour and started making good money so with that being true, I would assume she got with him because she actually really did like him; not because of financial reasons as you have suggested.  Sure when she started dating him, he was an up and coming golfer and that probably played into some of the attraction but so what?  It's no different than a girl dating a broke guy in college studying to become a doctor OR lawyer or something along those lines.  In most cases, the parents of these girls encourage it - "good choice honey, he looks like he is going somewhere in life with his career and not a dead beat on the street."  There are many fathers on this forum and I would be willing to bet the overwhelming majority would approve of their daughter(s) dating a guy that is going somewhere in life; especially, those going somewhere in careers that can bring tremendous success.  Does that make the daughters of these fathers shallow?  Only in it for the money?

As for Dufner being a genuinely nice guy, you don't know that for sure and it's wrong to pass judgement on a girl just because she's "very attractive."  Are there girls that gold dig, sure, but I don't feel there is enough evidence to make that assumption in this situation.

Lastly regarding Tiger, Tiger is WAY too easy of a target for me to fully buy into this.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

They met in school and started dating, I think, in 2009 - he was making some money at the time but inconsistent.

I don't like to speculate too much about people's motivations since we do not know them. It could be she is the type that did not want to lose her identity and only known as Jason Dufner's wife. So she did the model thing since she did not play or identify herself with golf? perhaps to create space for herself. It may speak to her need for her own individuality and saying "hey, I am more than a golfer's wife."

Or maybe she is going for the gold. Who knows? Most women I know want security -- I have come to believe that it's about the gold. The quantity of gold is what varies.

Here is a vid -- she talks about being a golf fan...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Looking less and less likely this is true. Some corroboration would have occurred by now I would think. Seems to be dying on the vine.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I'm pretty sure Amanda was with Dufner before he made it on the tour and started making good money so with that being true, I would assume she got with him because she actually really did like him; not because of financial reasons as you have suggested.  Sure when she started dating him, he was an up and coming golfer and that probably played into some of the attraction but so what?  It's no different than a girl dating a broke guy in college studying to become a doctor OR lawyer or something along those lines.  In most cases, the parents of these girls encourage it - "good choice honey, he looks like he is going somewhere in life with his career and not a dead beat on the street."  There are many fathers on this forum and I would be willing to bet the overwhelming majority would approve of their daughter(s) dating a guy that is going somewhere in life; especially, those going somewhere in careers that can bring tremendous success.  Does that make the daughters of these fathers shallow?  Only in it for the money?  As for Dufner being a genuinely nice guy, you don't know that for sure and it's wrong to pass judgement on a girl just because she's "very attractive."  Are there girls that gold dig, sure, but I don't feel there is enough evidence to make that assumption in this situation. Lastly regarding Tiger, Tiger is WAY too easy of a target for me to fully buy into this.

Major championships Results in World Golf Championship events PGA Tour career summaryEdit Season Wins (Majors) Earnings (US$) Rank 2004 0 317,770 164 2005 0 0 n/a 2006 0 29,459 n/a 2007 0 574,992 140 2008 0 284,138 184 2009 0 2,190,792 33 2010 0 1,121,695 80 2011 0 3,057,860 21 2012 2 4,869,304 4 2013 1 (1) 3,132,268 16 2014 0 1,651,491 61 Career* 3 (1) 17,229,767 65 Nope. He was doing quite well by 2009. I'm curious what "evidence" would compel you to suspect she was gold digging? What evidence is there that Anna Nicole Smith was a gold digger? Really can't put a number on what constitutes gold digging. Age difference?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

So he had almost career earnings of $1m before they started dating.

Chump change for Touring Pros....

No gold-digger here.

:-$

Who knows? And why do we care?

I think it's the fire engine thing - when we were kids, we always were fascinated by the train wreck, the burning house, etc.

Affairs are the adult extension of our childhood.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Major championships

Results in World Golf Championship events

PGA Tour career summaryEdit

Season Wins (Majors) Earnings (US$) Rank

2004 0 317,770 164

2005 0 0 n/a

2006 0 29,459 n/a

2007 0 574,992 140

2008 0 284,138 184

2009 0 2,190,792 33

2010 0 1,121,695 80

2011 0 3,057,860 21

2012 2 4,869,304 4

2013 1 (1) 3,132,268 16

2014 0 1,651,491 61

Career* 3 (1) 17,229,767 65

Nope. He was doing quite well by 2009. I'm curious what "evidence" would compel you to suspect she was gold digging? What evidence is there that Anna Nicole Smith was a gold digger? Really can't put a number on what constitutes gold digging. Age difference?

Are all the other wives of PGA Tour Pros golf diggers also?  Maybe the "not so attractive ones" no and the attractive ones yes?  Keegan Bradley has a really hot GF.  Is she a gold digger?  She just met him recently (maybe a couple of years now).  How about Webb Simpson's wife who met him around the same time in his career that Amanda met Dufner?  She must be a gold digger too!

There is no mystery that woman (and also men for that matter) are attracted to success.  Just because Jason and Amanda didn't work out doesn't mean she's a "gold digger" as there are other PGA Tour wives who got with their PGA Tour husbands in the same fashion that Amanda did.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Has zero effect on my life. Who cares.

Neither does how well a tour player plays, or Bubba buying the General Lee....come on. If you're not interested you don't have to post.

They met in school and started dating, I think, in 2009 - he was making some money at the time but inconsistent.

I don't like to speculate too much about people's motivations since we do not know them. It could be she is the type that did not want to lose her identity and only known as Jason Dufner's wife. So she did the model thing since she did not play or identify herself with golf? perhaps to create space for herself. It may speak to her need for her own individuality and saying "hey, I am more than a golfer's wife."

Or maybe she is going for the gold. Who knows? Most women I know want security -- I have come to believe that it's about the gold. The quantity of gold is what varies.

Here is a vid -- she talks about being a golf fan...

She sounds well educated.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Tiger and Dufner are playing a practice round today at St. Andrews. Seems like everything is alright.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Tiger and Dufner are playing a practice round today at St. Andrews. Seems like everything is alright.

Must be awkward though.. Tiger: yeah, those rumors aren't true Duff: yeah, why make stuff up about my x being with you? Tiger: I know right. Or: this is all a ploy by Duff to smash him with a club when he isn't looking? Stay tuned :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Probably more for the media than anything, but the longer this goes on without TMZ (who is never wrong) not reporting anything, the longer I tend to believe nothing happened. And like I said, I really have a hard time believing Tiger would go behind Duf's back. That's just a no-no and I just don't think Tiger would be that big a scumbag. But I am curious what the NE has on them because they had to have something to be allowed to print it.

Probably more for the media than anything, but the longer this goes on without TMZ (who is never wrong) not reporting anything, the longer I tend to believe nothing happened. And like I said, I really have a hard time believing Tiger would go behind Duf's back. That's just a no-no and I just don't think Tiger would be that big a scumbag. But I am curious what the NE has on them because they had to have something to be allowed to print it.

There is no "allowed" to print it, though. They can print whatever they want; rumor, conjecture, totally made up nonsense. They just have to be willing to face the consequences.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

There is no "allowed" to print it, though. They can print whatever they want; rumor, conjecture, totally made up nonsense. They just have to be willing to face the consequences.

I'm actually good friends with someone who works at ESPN and we had a good discussion about this last week. One of the things he said was to look for key words in stories, such as "suspected" and "alleged" and "possibly" and "secret" and a bunch of other key words because those are words that will "protect" them from libel suits. He also said that if Tiger were to go through with a libel suit, he would have to be willing to give up his phone and have investigators dig into his private life so he can prove his innocence, and I don't think Tiger wants people to dig into his private life because there's probably not a lot of good there. And this is why a lot of celebrities actually pull out of libel suits after starting them. The NE knows the secrets of the trade, even though they've published a lot of true stuff on Tiger in the past, as well as others.

Here's a pretty good article I found about how they are able to avoid the courts:

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/01/04/news/how-the-supermarket-tabloids-stay-out-of-court.html

Note: This thread is 3212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!