IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadMan

Poor Rose and Fowler, having to drag Faldo around all day.

Considering he was the finest British golfer of his generation, and he's rumoured to be playing his final British Open (a tournament he won three times), I think he has every right to be out there. His playing partners have nothing to complain about (and I suspect they are not).

Agree. He was so fun to watch in his prime.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Problem with ESPN and Fox is they can't attract great golf talent because they do only one big tournament a year. This was discussed the other day on radio. Feherty's contract is up after this year and Fox wants to make a run at him but Feherty's not going to go to a network that only does one tournament a year. He'll either stay at CBS or to NBC. The best guys are going to go where you can cover golf regularly.
  • Upvote 1

Quote:

Agree. He was so fun to watch in his prime.

Meant to be tongue-in-cheek, guys. Although I suspect the last alternate is not happy watching Faldo duff his way around the course.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Jason Day shoots a -6 for his opening round. After his gritty performance at the US Open I hope he wins this one.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Jason Day shoots a -6 for his opening round. After his gritty performance at the US Open I hope he wins this one.

That would be nice.  I'm a fan of the way he plays.

Those pot bunkers look like sink holes when the camera is way back!!!

The coverage on the Open website is up and down.  They show golf for a while then do boring stuff that I could care less about.  I can't stream ESPN at work.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Those pot bunkers look like sink holes when the camera is way back!!!

They look even worse when you're in the bottom of one of them!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

They look even worse when you're in the bottom of one of them!

something like this. Top of the lip is head height ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I thought you guys liked wannabee yank Faldo.. wasn't that why he jumped the pond and eventually CBS took him on.. I wonder if Justin or Rickie are the butt of his typical condescending comments today.. I do feel somewhat sorry for them ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadMan

I thought you guys liked wannabee yank Faldo.. wasn't that why he jumped the pond and eventually CBS took him on.. I wonder if Justin or Rickie are the butt of his typical condescending comments today.. I do feel somewhat sorry for them ..

Justin is a wannabee Yank too. He's lived here for a long time! So have many, many UK players!

I'm sure Rosie and Ricky can dish it back to Sir Nick.

Scott

My Swing Thread

John Daly looks "rode hard and put away wet".

Scott

My Swing Thread

I hope he wins as well.

As for Tiger, I am officially off the band wagon.  He's more like Sylvester the cat than Tiger these days.

I was hoping he would continue improving, but I just don't see it anymore.  Unless he starts playing more tournament regularly, I don't think he can compete anymore.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Tiger Woods Fires Swing Coach Charles Barkley

Quote:

“Charles has a very unorthodox approach to swinging the golf club and I think he can help me re-find my own natural swing and let me get back to playing more instinctively,” Woods said last September when announcing the hire. “I know it’s not a traditional hire, but I didn’t win 14 majors by being traditional.”

Unfortunately, Barkley’s advice has only made Woods worse and the golfer today made the move many have expected for weeks. The TNT NBA analyst said he has no hard feelings.

“I made more than $700,000 betting against Tiger the last few months,” said Barkley. “I don’t regret being his swing coach at all. It was great.”

https://medium.com/sportspickle/tiger-woods-fires-swing-coach-charles-barkley-6ad71c356392

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Been watching the streaming coverage on TheOpen.com....I have to admit I love how it is not "over-produced" like we get here in the States.....very refreshing to see things done simply and well.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

So I wonder if Watson and Faldo got to pick one of their partners. Watson has always said Snedeker is like a younger version of him and we always hear Faldo praise Rosie.

Note: This thread is 3033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!