Sign in to follow this  
colin007

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 1383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1,480 posts / 55891 viewsLast Reply

Good on him for winning, he seems like a nice guy, but thanking the lord is inappropriate. Yes, your god cares about a multi millionaire winning more millions and a golf tournament, while in other parts of the world......

On a side note, Leishman is a super cool guy.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

This is an awkward interview....

Tom Rinaldi ****ing sucks. He literally asks the same questions worded different. "HOW MUCH DOES THIS MEAN TO YOU"? "HOW DOES IT FEEL TO WIN THE BRITISH OPEN"? I was laughing my ass off.

Tom Rinaldi ****ing sucks. He literally asks the same questions worded different. "HOW MUCH DOES THIS MEAN TO YOU"? "HOW DOES IT FEEL TO WIN THE BRITISH OPEN"?

I was laughing my ass off.

I thought I heard that right... Started and ended with the same question.

Tom Rinaldi ****ing sucks. He literally asks the same questions worded different. "HOW MUCH DOES THIS MEAN TO YOU"? "HOW DOES IT FEEL TO WIN THE BRITISH OPEN"?

I was laughing my ass off.

What did your ass falling off mean to you? and how does it feel to be without an ass?

I'd feel pretty good right now if I'm Oosthuizen. Knowing that Johnson will struggle to make par on 17.

It's really too bad for golf that Oosthuizen cares more about his tractor than golf. He's so talented. Can't really blame the guy, though, if he has other passions.

cares more about his tractor than golf ROFL, you made my day, man

Congrats to Zach Johnson!

Never had a bogey on the front nine, and birdie #18 all four rounds. Clutch performance by Zach all week.

So how many dollars prize money is there between 1st place and a 4 putt on a par 3?

Doesn't really matter for a guy with a Titleist contract and a multi-time Major winner. :-P

Good on him for winning, he seems like a nice guy, but thanking the lord is inappropriate. Yes, your god cares about a multi millionaire winning more millions and a golf tournament, while in other parts of the world......

No it's not. People with a lot of faith believe that God is in every aspect of their life.

Honestly Zach being a multi-time winner, and really successful on tour for over a decade now, probably doesn't care about the purse.

If he was given the option, either give up The Open championship for 2 million dollars. Zach would keep the Major.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree, some people don't know what it means to someone to have a relationship with God - we others who dont' should leave these people alone and let them express it whatever they prefer to express it.

No it's not. People with a lot of faith believe that God is in every aspect of their life.

Yeah I don't think it's inappropriate. I think when Zach thanks God, he's not saying God "picked" him to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran123 View Post

On a side note, Leishman is a super cool guy.

I also find it off-putting and a bit self righteous (or at least awkward) too.  BUT - he's a person with faith and he doesn't hide it. For now, it's Zach's interview and he can respond however he likes.  So I appreciate his sincerity at the least even if it's not my cup of tea.  I'd hope they respect my personal choices to the same extent.

As for you or me, or people that feel like us about the topic?

well, the next time you or I win a major and get interviewed, we can thank someone else.

Quote:

These types of questions are always, and eternally, a complete waste of time and oxygen.  I wish amateur, crappy reporters would just stop.

cares more about his tractor than golf ROFL, you made my day, man

its pretty well known he isn't the most motivated golfer in the world...

Hat off to Zach Johnson. From a Scot, I have never granted anyone the victory as much as Zach. His winning speech was an example in humility and authenticity. As he said himself: Tip o' the cap!

On the golf course, the Golf Gods will have no other Gods before them. He should be careful...

Maybe that was the god he was referring to? Or one of the other 4000+

Well done to Zach.

If he wants to thank the Lord then that's just fine .He thanked another million people aswell.

Get over yourselves and live and let live.

I'm happy for Zach and his expression of thankfulness doesn't bother me one bit.. Others who win and don't thank anyone doesn't bother me either.. To each their own.

Maybe that was the god he was referring to? Or one of the other 4000+

Then he'd better chip a ball into the pond next time he's on the practice ground. When you invoke them by name, they usually demand tribute.

Anyway, congratulations to Mr. Johnson.

Note: This thread is 1383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!