IGNORED

2015 John Deere Classic Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 3211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Any one else notice that there has been very little "get in the holes" and "Bababooeys" ... Nice pleasant midwest golf...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What I like about him being a shorter hitter, is that he is not putting so much stress on his body.

Not really short ... just not a bomber.

Guess I feel badly for Zach Johnson -- didn't make anything on the back or ...

He looks fidgety on the greens, and lifts his head fairly quickly. Would like to look to see if his putter shaft is backwards ... that's what got him several years ago.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

And the Champion Golfer of the Year...

Danny Lee! I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Danny Lee wins again. Superb 62 today.

Riley

I didn't include him in any teams via draft king picks. Figured he needed a prep week for the open and he would work on anything he thought needed help. After Thursday round I was sitting pretty and knew I had made the right picks. Then he blew it open. He really is amazing to step away for a couple weeks, shoot a semi bad round and gain on it each day. I do think he backs off today as to not try to win 2 in a row. Mental thing ?

If he wins here, going into the open he is going to have that TIGER scare to opponents and if he wins that, it will be a long season for all the other players. Remember back when other golfers feared Tiger ?You were playing for second.

Speith seems to always be the same person everyday. That is what he projects, almost like he has an emotional button or safety that he hits. Nothing is ever too good or too bad.

Another thing I noticed, right before he putts, 1 second before, he tilts the putter forward at the top. Anyone else ever catch that ? Always the exact same motion.

Feel sorry for Justin Thomas... Must suck to be such a great golfer and know you are a top 50 in the world but your best playing buddy is even better and you will most likely never catch him.

Any one else notice that there has been very little "get in the holes" and "Bababooeys" ... Nice pleasant midwest golf...

No, but I'm glad. I did notice that last week (I think it was last week) that the announcers actually acknowledged those guys - by berating them.

It really is impressive. It goes overlooked because he's not super long and he doesn't strike it like a Rory or Tiger in his prime. But what most people don't realize is he doesn't have a weakness, and his putting from 5-15 feet may be better than anyone that's ever played the game if he keeps his numbers where they are now throughout his career. Most people just don't realize how vital a stat that is when you make putts from 5-15 feet consistently. It's what made Tiger and what is holding Rory back from being more consistent.

His putting causes people to undervalue his ball striking, IMO. Β I doubt many people realize that he is 3rd on Tour in strokes gained, tee to green.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

No, but I'm glad.

I did notice that last week (I think it was last week) that the announcers actually acknowledged those guys - by berating them.

I missed that. I hope it worked. I am sure some of them were told about the berating or watched a recording to hear themselves. I am not sure how you can come out of the deal being proud of that.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

The one thing I like about Jordan and Rory is they don't do this silly "wear red or orange or my college colors" on Sunday like some guys do. I don't know, it's probably just me but I always found that corny. I liked Payne Stewart's Sunday wardrobe in that he always wore the colors of whatever NFL city he was in or closest by. I actually always said if I made it to even mini tour (which I'm still trying to do) I would do what Payne did.

Johnson Wagner -3 thru 2 and ties the lead. Grumpy old man Tom Gillis -3 thru 3 and one off. Jordan Spieth starts his day with a rare bogey.

Riley

I said yesterday Jordan doesn't have a weakness, but if there's anything close to a weakness, it's his driving accuracy. One area he needs to focus on before next week because you can't miss fairways at St. Andrews or you're chipping back into the fairway 90% of the time.

Jeez, Danny Lee misses a four foot birdie putt on 1, and a two foot birdie putt on 2. Spieth with another bogey. Danny Lee with a dumbass at four. :doh:

Riley

Graphite shaft in Jordans 3 iron?

Yeah, that's becoming more and more common. Boo Weekly has them in all his irons; Kuchar too. Apparently the graphite shaft tech has caught up to steel and offers the same benefits. That's what I've heard, anyways.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 |Β TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood |Β Edel 3-PW | 52Β° | 60Β° | Blade Putter

Note:Β This thread is 3211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!