IGNORED

2015 John Deere Classic Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ya think?

Rickie just won 8 hours ago. I'd say that's a salty trifecta.

Yeah I hope he gets his major W soon though. I feel like Justin Thomas is gonna get a victory any week now. He has some game and some more experience, he could really be a bright future star.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Watching Spieth in this video, I don't see how he could possibly ever have a bad attitude.

And to think I mocked Golf Channel a couple times for declaring a dawning Spieth Era. Congrats, Jordan!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

But when Tiger or others act up its a big deal. Got it.

Sounds like you don't like winners. Rory gets in trouble with throwing clubs but you are a fan? Sounds like you have a personal problem with something specific. Sounds like "you" might be the one that should have your behavior addressed. I like that I know what is going on with Jordan inside his head. The putter swinging was a little silly and I could do without it but it was not enough to illicit the hate you have for him.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I honestly don't have a big issue with Jordan. I was more curious as to why people seem to not be bothered by his actions yet so many people ridicule Tiger for his behavior. I am actually rooting for Jordan in the Open. Bringing home the Grand Slam would be amazing. I apologize if I came across as brash in any way. His putter swing and comments just got me wondering.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

I honestly don't have a big issue with Jordan. I was more curious as to why people seem to not be bothered by his actions yet so many people ridicule Tiger for his behavior. I am actually rooting for Jordan in the Open. Bringing home the Grand Slam would be amazing. I apologize if I came across as brash in any way. His putter swing and comments just got me wondering.

Well I don't think Tiger was criticized at 21 for his behavior. People chalked that up more to his age and just his pure emotions. He got more criticized at 31 for his behavior. I remember at the 2009 British Open he took a lot of heat, even from Tom Watson, when he was throwing clubs and cursing and spitting all over the place. I've never seen Jordan throw a club....I could be wrong on that....he just complains a lot about his shots if they go off line. I have that problem as well, except the club gets thrown too.

I understand Spieth in this situation because I do the same thing. If I hit a bad shot I'll berate myself (usually quieter than him, but he has a much better golf game than I to make up for the volume) for a couple seconds then forget it even happened. He's not pulling a Tiger at Pebble on his tee shots or anything, but merely expressing frustrating in a way more mild than even 95% off those who don't rely on golf for their livelihood.

Well I don't think Tiger was criticized at 21 for his behavior. People chalked that up more to his age and just his pure emotions. He got more criticized at 31 for his behavior. I remember at the 2009 British Open he took a lot of heat, even from Tom Watson, when he was throwing clubs and cursing and spitting all over the place.

I've never seen Jordan throw a club....I could be wrong on that....he just complains a lot about his shots if they go off line. I have that problem as well, except the club gets thrown too.

I don't have a problem with Jordan doing it, but that's because I like Jordan. Now i'm sure if Ian Poulter did that, I would bitch. I know that makes me contradictory, but that's whats funny about us humans. Jordan is good for the game. So is Tiger an so is Rory. Emotion is even better for the game. Jordan showing emotion is the best combination for the game.

Side note: isn't it funny how we are now calling him "Jordan" instead of Spieth or Jordan Spieth? Its definitely "Jordan" and "Rory" now.

I'm 35 and I threw a club the other day when I missed a shot at breaking 80. This kid has more emotional intelligence than most middle age dudes on a message board. The way he got over that double on 17 at the U.S. Open was tremendous. Jordan can grind through a tough round like no other. Even when he is battling his own swing he isn't too proud to reign it in and keep it in play. He shows emotion, he wants to win, so what? None of what he did was inappropriate or embarrassing, just a guy on a mission. He is fun to watch, I hope it's the start of a special career.

- Mark

Rickie needs to win a little more and get at least a major to even be mentioned in the same paragraph as those other two.

Nah, 3 wins, a Players and #5 in the world. He's there. Obviously not at their level but definitely a rival.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Nah, 3 wins, a Players and #5 in the world. He's there. Obviously not at their level but definitely a rival.

Zero majors though. That sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the other two. Maybe if he had some more wins he could balance it out some more. I like Rickie but he needs to step it up a bit more.

Jordan has nearly won as many major tournaments this year as the number of regular tournaments Rickie has won in his entire career. Rory has won more majors than Rickie has tournaments. Rickie is a good pro. A rival to Jordan and Rory? Not yet.

I will say Rickie's Scottish Open win today was incredibly impressive. Birdied 3 of the last 4 I believe. Pretty decent field too. Kuchar, Donald, Luiten, Fleetwood, Dubiusson, Koepka, Ben Martin, MAJ, Donaldson, Phil, GMac, among others.

IMO though, Rickie needs a major to be a true rival with Rory and Jordan. I have more faith in another real young player being that 3rd in the rivalry in the next few years, than Rickie. Hopefully he proves me wrong this coming week because I sure do like him.

The antics of the 208th player on the OWGR (at least the last time I checked) such as f-bomba and the annoying dropping the cub over his shoulder rates #1 in egregious behavior. Club tosses by the current #1 on the OWGR is #2. Jordan Speith's deprecating remarks rank Way Way Way Down And Maybe Even A Whole Lot Lower Than Here.

It was a little brash. Considering most of the moronic behavior 21 year old men do, including myself at that age, he is doing alright. He could be excessively cocky and isn't. He is fun to to watch and I hope you can set aside his emotions and enjoy watching him play for many years.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Heck yeah I'm rooting for Jordan next week.  I would be rooting for *anybody* who had won the first 2 majors of the year to win the 3rd.  I don't care who does it - a grand slam would be exciting!

I admit it . .I wasn't too impressed when he won The Masters.  "Anybody could happen to win 1 major", I said to myself - you know, like Rich Beem or something (nothing against Rich Beem).  When he won the US Open, though . .that started to peak my interest.  The more I watch him the more I find myself pulling for him.  I still am not sure if he's going to set the world on fire or if he's just having a great year . . but I'm definitely paying attention now.

I bet Gillis wishes Spieth skipped the JD...

:-$

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I honestly don't have a big issue with Jordan. I was more curious as to why people seem to not be bothered by his actions yet so many people ridicule Tiger for his behavior.

Then I'm not the one who should have been arguing with you ... because I am not bothered by Tigers behavior either.  These guys are all competitiors, and they all want it bad.  A little frustration escapes verbally here and there?  Well, that's to be expected.  The guys who are able to keep it bottled or not be bothered by it (Kuchar as one example) are great, and I commend them, but not at the expense of those who are fiery.

Nobody on tour calls themselves more profane names than I do when I'm on the course and I suck, so who am I to judge?

P.S. - there was no need for an apology. :beer:

Note: This thread is 3222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!