IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015)

Note: This thread is 3159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 minutes of mirror work in my kids room(only full size mirror), practicing steady head in the backswing, and getting a full rotation in backswing.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting on my board.  36" ruler attached to a board with edging.  Rocking the shoulders, keeping the face square.  Most went past 24", half went the full 36".  Very pleased with my progress as at first I could rarely get the full 36" putt.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8/2/15:

~75 balls at the range today.

~25 x 50-75 yard pitching wedge

~30 x 7 iron

~20 x Driver

Took my video for the first time thinking I would post a swing video. It was very eye opening. I'm an ex-golfer who's found the bug again; I'll post more details for anyone bored enough to read it with a my swing video soon.

After shooting some DTL footage I ended up moving the mat back in the booth for a better side / caddy angle. First time I swung my driver I whacked a support structure of the bay I was in. Eureka moment as I knew that meant my swing was as flat as a pancake. I have actually been working with a coach telling me the same thing but I was not seeing / feeling his explanation. All previous drives were slices. After I hit the side and then straightened up my plane - boom - a perfect draw. A great day on the range...

Slow motion swings working on keeping the right elbow bent longer in the downswing and extending it through impact, as well as flattening in the transition.

10 minutes of mapping work during my workout. Last part I focused on better position at A6. I put a styrofoam roller two feet back from the tee and made sure I didn't hit it on the downswing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Need to start with the hips first.

So, I am trying to control the push and pull with my hips until I get a feel for how the hip rotation affects the shot. When my hips lag my arms I tend to pull, when they lead I tend to push. Got a few to push/pull this way. Not controlled, but that's next. This is why my pushed shots are actually going farther than my pulls. When my hips are leading the body I get a whole ton of power.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

8/3/15: Did some work with my sand wedge on in line impact and weight forward, feeling as if my weight shift is a little more pronounced...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Still working on my priority piece SK#2. practice starting to transfer weight before I get to the top of my back swing. Fells promising.

Doug

5 minutes swinging with 3 wood - 5 minutes swinging with 5 iron

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

Wasn't able to get to the range today, so just worked on 50% shots in my sim room. Trying to get the club at the right spot half back and half through.

Went to the range.

I bounced around from hitting pitches to distance wedges to full iron shots. I worked on keeping the swing shorter and slower for the full swing.

Getting really comfortable hitting down on the ball now. Not fearful of hitting it fat anymore. Lots of good contact tonight :)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Aim point putting practice from 5', 10' and 15'. I like to set up a dozen balls and work my way around the clock. Rare to make 12 in a row, but did tonight from 5'.

I worked on getting my weight forward. I spent 10 mins pushing my office chair around my office.  During my back swing I would focus on pushing the chair slightly forward.  For my down swing I tried to push the chair as far as I could by rolling my kneed towards the target.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

8/3/15:

Working on my grip after @ mvmac commented in my "My Swing Thread"

Swung my 7i in the my yard - a confined space. Kept working on the grip and sing plane. Felt good just wish I could be hitting balls...

Was due to hit the Pitch & Putt tomorrow but my buddy canned it. I hope to get to the range.

Indoor swings.  Worked on steady head.  Hip slide and turn.  When I did both of these, the club head brushed the carpet just after the point where the ball would be.  Worked on making it a consistent swing and not just a once in a while occurrence.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Note: This thread is 3159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!