IGNORED

2015 Solheim Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2015 Solheim Cup?

• USA
    • Europe

Why is Pressel on the team, and Lincicome ... tends not to deliver under pressure lately.

Don't we have other talent?

In a word, "no", which is why they have to resort to has-beens  (or barely ever weres) like Creamer as a Captain's pic

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

In a word, "no", which is why they have to resort to has-beens  (or barely ever weres) like Creamer as a Captain's pic

I don't believe the Solheim Cup has nearly the tradition as the Ryder Cup (don't really know that, just assuming). Combine that with the fact that so much of the top talent of the LPGA is from neither the U.S. nor Europe and I think it would be wise of them to figure out someway to divide the world in half and include everybody to strengthen the talent on both teams. Currently there are 17 women in the top 25 rankings that are not from the U.S. Or Europe. SEVENTEEN!!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just think many of the US players choke in this environment. Inkster has been masterful in her approach and pairings. The only thing I can possibly fault her on is keeping Kerr and Thompson on the bench this morning, but I understand the logic and probably would have done the same. They almost choked their match yesterday (continued this morn) so a break may have been needed. Based on their play in the PM, it seems to have worked. They should go into the singles down 2 (9-7) so they need to really play well but larger deficits have been overcome, I like their chances.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorty

I don't believe the Solheim Cup has nearly the tradition as the Ryder Cup (don't really know that, just assuming). Combine that with the fact that so much of the top talent of the LPGA is from neither the U.S. nor Europe and I think it would be wise of them to figure out someway to divide the world in half and include everybody to strengthen the talent on both teams.

Currently there are 17 women in the top 25 rankings that are not from the U.S. Or Europe. SEVENTEEN!!!

Given where things are today, Korea vs the rest of the world tournament may be more evenly balanced and interesting.

I was just checking the S-Cup record for US team members.  Creamer's record is by far the best among all the players.   It isn't carrying to this year's tournament so far.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Poor decision by Lee even worse sportsmanship by Pettersem and Hull. Hull clearly walked off.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

6-10

As Dottie Pepper would say, "choking dogs..."

:-$

The USA should be better than this ... maybe we need an Olympic type program for women's golf.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Poor decision by Lee even worse sportsmanship by Pettersem and Hull. Hull clearly walked off.

Agreed on both counts but now we are even for the time the US team made Annika replay her chip-in because she played out of turn.

Quote:
Agreed on both counts but now we are even for the time the US team made Annika replay her chip-in because she played out of turn.

I was thinking exactly the same thing:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/golf/sorenstam-charges-americans-with-bad-sportsmanship-635955.html

Poor sportsmanship from Petersen and captain Koch in my opinion. Albeit within the rules. Inkster however showing her own lack of class with trying to start a 'Europe sucks' chant. All my sympathy erased with that one poor piece of leadership.

Mark

Weapons of choice:
:titleist: 910 D2 :titleist: 910 Fd 15° :titleist:910H 17°
:mizuno: Mp54 4-PW :vokey:52 -12 :vokey:  56 - 12 :vokey: 60 - 08
:odyssey: Pro Type 2 ball 

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that

Poor sportsmanship from Petersen and captain Koch in my opinion. Albeit within the rules. Inkster however showing her own lack of class with trying to start a 'Europe sucks' chant. All my sympathy erased with that one poor piece of leadership.

WTF for real??? Dottie Pepper is awesome. Love her.

Colin P.

WTF for real??? Dottie Pepper is awesome. Love her.

It was Inkster not pepper? I expect it from the beered up brigade in the crowd not from the captain .. Embarrassing

Mark

Weapons of choice:
:titleist: 910 D2 :titleist: 910 Fd 15° :titleist:910H 17°
:mizuno: Mp54 4-PW :vokey:52 -12 :vokey:  56 - 12 :vokey: 60 - 08
:odyssey: Pro Type 2 ball 

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that

US could still pull this out. They are up 6-3 in singles with 3 AS, so with the 10-6 deficit going into today, that's 13-12 Europe.

If they could turn 2 of the AS matches and hold onto the rest, US wins.  One of the matches for Europe is only 1UP, so they could get that back to AS as well.

Basically, US needs to hold onto all the ones they're winning. And win one hole in 2 of 4 other matches (most of which are on the back 9). Not a huge stretch to win this.

I thought Inkster's reaction was poor, but a confrontational style is not something I enjoy. She was telling Golf Channel that the incident really detracted from the event because of Europe's poor sportsmanship. That 95% of players would've done as Lee did.  I think that a leader can fire up their team and stand up for their players without "going there." If anything, it was her reaction that leaves the most sour taste in my mouth.

Sure, the Europeans could've been nice and bailed Lee out, but Lee was wrong as I see it. The Euros did nothing wrong when they insisted the rule be applied by the book. They appeared to rush off the green without conceding the putt, and they should've either stayed and watched or conceded. But Lee was culpable and the US needs to take their medicine. Rally around it and earn it, but don't whine about poor sportsmanship.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

It was Inkster not pepper? I expect it from the beered up brigade in the crowd not from the captain .. Embarrassing

Sorry, that was confusing - I was making two separate statements. Me loving Dottie has nothing to do with being surprised about Inkster's actions.

Colin P.

Thompson/Ciganda match was amazing, wasn't it? That was amazing play by them both.  Halved.

11.5 - 6.5 Euro lead. (2 matches decided today, was 10-6 to start)

USA leads in 7.

Europe leads in 2.

1 AS.

Game on.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!