IGNORED

2015 Solheim Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2015 Solheim Cup?

• USA
    • Europe

http://golfweek.com/news/2015/sep/15/solheim-cup-michelle-wie-golf-shoes-usa-nike-photo/

Yup....let's face it.....for the top endorsed pros...they make more money outside the ropes.

I guess some 12 year old Vietnamese kids had to work 18 hr days Thur-Sun to get those shoes built so they could be couriered to Germany on Monday....and were rewarded with a extra bowl of Pho...how sad.

Only my observations at events.

I'm not the only one with similar opinion...the below is from another golf forum....www.4gea.com

"I agree with DB (POSTCARD). My wife and I and another couple attended the International matches at Caves Valley, Md. last year. We were waiting on the 10th T box along with several women from the Boston area when Kerr and Creamer approached the T box. The opposing Asian players and not yet arrived at the T. The women chanted.. USA – USA … neither of our players looked at them or acknowledged their support in anyway. NOTE: that there were no TV network cameras present. When the cameras were on - they played to them.

We have also notice that Wie behaves as if she were a fashion model on the course and not a player. She received big endorsement money years ago for doing nothing – won the US open at Pinehurst with the play books given to her by Fowler and Bradley. We golfers know that is huge – what an advantage to have. Here in my household we turn down the volume when the camera focuses on Wie – we already know the announcers are going to make some sort excuse for her or praise her for making par. If I had a daughter who aspired to be on the LPGA I would send her to South Korea for instruction. No frills .. no excuses … just golf."

This is pretty far OT. But I don't see how this anecdotal moment means anything. I think fans have unrealistic expectations of the players, especially during a round. They are there to do a job not socialize with the fans. I'm sure Creamer and Kerr were focused on the golf. I've been to a number of pro tournaments, including an LPGA major. When the players are between the ropes, they are at work and act like it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm going with the US only because I don't see a lot of the EU players high up on these lists.

http://www.lpga.com/race-to-cme-globe/projected-points-standing

http://www.rolexrankings.com/en/rankings/

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Only 6 votes in the poll? Let's keep them coming guys. :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Only 6 votes in the poll? Let's keep them coming guys.

We can't vote for a tie??? :-P

My vote is just a wild guess/who I'm rooting for because I haven't followed the LPGA a lot this year.

However, I do know that when I have watched, I've seen Lizette Salas playing very well, along with Lexi Thompson too.  (For the other side, I've seen Sandra Gal hitting it well all year also)

But I'm going to (obviously) go USA!!!

Mostly because they can't figure out if they are on a catwalk or golf course. I am sure that seems sexist but I was disappointed the US team didn't show up last SC. They need to come in with games faces on not prom faces.

That is sexist. No Laying Up had a solid article on exactly that sentiment (although it doesn't call a spade a spade and ignores the sexism present in this stuff): http://nolayingup.com/2015/09/17/a-narrative-has-infected-the-solheim-cup/

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Picked Europe to win.  I still remember the "team" issues the US had in the previous cup.   Much of the previous team is still in this cup.   Then there is Creamer pick.   She didn't look good all year and coming into the cup.

Given what happened to the TST event recently, there should have been a "tie" vote selection.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Picked Europe to win.  I still remember the "team" issues the US had in the previous cup.   Much of the previous team is still in this cup.   Then there is Creamer pick.   She didn't look good all year and coming into the cup.

Given what happened to the TST event recently, there should have been a "tie" vote selection.

I'm rooting for the Euros but would also like to see Alison, Lexi, Gerina and Lang win points....but IMO....the Euro team is a weaker team vs. 2013.....but's it match play and only up to 18 holes per match so anything goes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

Inkster told her team that there would be no face paint this year.

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2015/9/16/9335085/solheim-cup-2015-usa-team-juli-inkster

Quote:

"We haven’t spent any time on nails. It’s a different group, so we’re doing fine," Inkster told reporters from St. Leon-Rot Golf Club on Tuesday. "They probably do (have their nails done), but not on my time."

Inkster’s players, who hope to stop a two-time losing streak, back their skipper’s focus on winning golf contests rather than vying for most dolled up.

"It's just being more mature," said former world No. 1 Stacy Lewis, who is on her third Solheim Cup team. "Hopefully everybody is past all the tattoos and the face paint and all that ... It’s just growing up a little bit and knowing that you don't need to go crazy and get the crowd going all the time. We've come here with a mission."

Mike McLoughlin

Definitely,American lingerie football material.She may even get a job in the circus.

Always glad to see your posts. They really add something to the discussion. Keep up the good work!

Inkster told her team that there would be no face paint this year.

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2015/9/16/9335085/solheim-cup-2015-usa-team-juli-inkster

Them wearing face paint doesn't denote immaturity any more than not wearing it denotes maturity. When you start looking at that sort of minutia to improve your team, you are in trouble.

The face paint/temp tattoos add personality, which is something golf sorely, sorely lacks.

• Upvote 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Them wearing face paint doesn't denote immaturity any more than not wearing it denotes maturity. When you start looking at that sort of minutia to improve your team, you are in trouble.

The face paint/temp tattoos add personality, which is something golf sorely, sorely lacks.

Now you tell me. I was going to get some face paint and tattoos going for the West Coast team but changed my mind at the last minute ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!