IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

41 with 5 pars, putter was off... heading for the practice green tomorrow...

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

34 (-1) yesterday for 9 holes at Cobbs Creek. Including a 3 putt bogey on the 2nd. The first time in a long time that I was almost perfect on putts from about 6 feet and in. Looks like my hours on the putting green this week are starting to pay off.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

+3 over 18 holes on the local par-3 course: (110-130 yards). 16/18 greens, 1 up and down, 2 x 3-putts, ZERO birdies.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Joined a new club and today makes the 3rd time I have played 18. Still learning the course. Changed from riding to walking, also changed all equipment this season. Lots of new things.

Played much better today, shot 88. Driver was working good 9/15, 5 pars, a birdy on a par 5, 34 puts. Need to work on my short game ...

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 9.5 
callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 3 Deep 14.5

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro Hybrid 18 and 23
callaway.gif X-22 3-L
odyssey.gif White Ice Sabertooth
clicgear.gif 2.0 black - bushnell.gif Tour V2

I had a pretty tidy round of 1-under 69 at my home course today. Three birdies, two bogeys. Making a few amount of bogeys is fun!

34 (-1) yesterday for 9 holes at Cobbs Creek. Including a 3 putt bogey on the 2nd. The first time in a long time that I was almost perfect on putts from about 6 feet and in. Looks like my hours on the putting green this week are starting to pay off.

Awesome. Nice shootin'.

Joined a new club and today makes the 3rd time I have played 18. Still learning the course. Changed from riding to walking, also changed all equipment this season. Lots of new things.

Wow, that sounds like a fun change in pace. Sounds like you're going to have a great summer!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Had a +3(37) for 9 holes par 34. Ball striking was absolutely brilliant, not a single fatal miss, only 2 greens missed in regulation. Couldn't putt for crap, counted 18 putts, that's right, 2 3-putts in 9 holes. Missed 5 birdie putts, 3 of which under 15 feet. I gotta get back to trusting my read going from lining up to standing over it. My distance control was totally off too, just all around bad flat stick round. Still felt good to strike really well.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

54, and no, I wasn't playing 18
2nd tee shot OB was the only penalty today.
I really didn't even flub anything today, but my greenside play was terrible. 3 putted two times. 20 freeking putts. 20.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

82 (+10). 38/44. There's no reason I should shoot a 44 anymore. Chipping, lackluster. Putting, not that great on the back (every putt was left short). 38 was nice, but it was a bad 44...I had the opportunities to shoot 40 just didn't do it. There's always tomorrow though.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

• Administrator

I shot... 24 on two holes. After my practice session I hit three 3-woods off #8, three different types of 8-irons into the green, and two-putted the shorter putts and holed the longest putt. So that's 11.

On the next hole I hit a driver, then dropped four balls and hit those to the green. I got them all up and down or two-putted for "par."

So 24.

I'm staying away from the golf course until at least Monday - that was more of an extended practice session.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Shot 47 at the home course Wednesday. One ball OB by two feet, lots of makable putts missed and a sand wedge I wanted to choke made for a frustrating evening.

Today's 18 was at the Woodlawn Country Club in Farmer City, IL. It's 15 minutes away, but it was a private course back in the day so this was my first time ever playing it. It's a 9 hole course with two sets of tees, 69.0/ 117 and 6082 yards from "the tips." It's about as long as my home course, but a bit tighter.

#1: The drive is sliced almost into the ninth fairway, but hit well. I hit 7i to clear the trees and wind up 40 yards short right of the green. The grass has been growing a bit so I can finally try some lobs with the sw. This one is a little strong and rolls on to the back fringe 30 feet away. The approach is good and it's a one foot tap in for bogey.

#2: I hit this drive well, 244 yards down the hill and in the right side of the fairway. A 5i from the 1 1/2 inch high fairway grass clears the front creek. I chip over the right bunker to five feet, but miss the putt on the high side. Bogey

#3: A short dogleg around a lake that's about 220 in a straight line. I hit 4i and hook it. I clear the lake, but have to play away from the pin to in front of the green due to trees. A nice low running shot is ten feet past, but I hole it for a par.

#4: A pretty little par 3 over a lake. The card says 123 yards so I take pw, it looked less but I stick with the pw anyway. It flies the green and into the creek over the green. I lob it from the drop area next to the green 12 feet past the hole. I miss that one to the left and it's a spiffy 5.

#5: This drive is 210 yards but sliced under a tree. After the chip out I try to hit 3w. I hit under the ball and move it forward about 40 yards. I try it again and leave myself 70 yards from the pin. I can't run it with the tall fairway grass so I hit sw. It's a nice straight one that goes 80 yards. The putt from the fringe rolls next to the pin and it's a tap in for a double bogey 7.

#6: This drive is 190 yards and finds the 5th fairway, SIGH. I think I can clear the tree with my 7i and I can, but not the tree to the right of it. I can take a very stooped stance and roll a 4i up the fairway. It was at this point that the mowers were out so the fairways were a bit better on the back 9. A gw is 33 feet left and it's 2 putts for a 6.

#7: I switch to a 4i off the tee in hopes of keeping it straight. It's straight, but mishit. It has cleared the creek, but into a giant puddle. After a drop, I squirt a 5i to 70 yards short of the green. It's a sidehill lie, but I try to fly it there anyway. It's too hard, but still on the green 48 feet long. It's all downhill and I hit the first putt 12 feet past. The second is left just short and it's four double bogeys in a row.

#8: A 7i is hooked well left of the green, but in a safe location. I chip 25 feet long and 2 putt up the hill for a bogey.

#9: I attempt driver again, but it's a sad slice about 180 yards into the right trees. The next shot Cabreras back into the fairway. I have to layup short of the creek and hit 7i. It's hooked badly again and next to a bush. I have a swing and the 9i clears the creek and rolls just short of the green. I chip to 10 feet and hole the putt for bogey and a front 9 of 48.

#10: I bench the driver and try 4i. It's a bit of a toe hit, but 170 yards and only a little into the right rough. 5i from the rough goes up the hill and I have 95 yards to the pin. A gw is a little short into the wind. Two putts from 25 feet and it's a bogey.

#11: Now a par 5 down the hill and I tee off with 4i since I can't hit the green in 2. A tree guards the right side of the fairway 150 yards off the tee and I hit right into it. A chip out to the fairway is followed by a 5i just short of the creek. From 99 yards and with the wind a gw is too long, especially with OB just over. I pull the sw and hit a decent shot 30 feet right of the pin on the green. Two putts net another bogey.

#12: This tee is seriously sloped toward you hooking, so I overcompensate and hit a sad toe slice with a 4i 120 yards. I have to guess at the yardage up the hill and leave a pw short and left. I lob it over the bunker to six feet, but miss the par putt.

#13: I try a gw this time, but tug it left. This lob rolls up to a foot away and it's a par!

#14: This one is now a par 4 and I try the 3w. It goes 184 yards into the wind and in the middle of the fairway. A 5i is solid and just short and left of the green. I try the air route again from 40 yards and leave myself a 16 foot uphill putt. It's holed nicely and I have 2 pars in a row.

#15: I try the 3w again, but it's kind of a worm burner going about 100 yards straight ahead. I try the 3w from the rough and it's hit well, but right and under a pine tree. He's got no shot Rossie! I do, however, have a putter and it rolls about 20 yards to the center of the fairway. This sw from 80 yards is only 15 feet long. The first is four feet past, but I make the comebacker for a 6.

#16: I try driver again, but it was also low. It was straight though and my 5i from 202 is just short of the green. This chip is 5 feet short, but misses just on the high side. I tap in for the bogey.

#17: I take 5i off the tee and play for a hook. Naturally I hit it dead straight. I lob it over the mound to 12 feet. The first putt just misses left and I tap in for bogey.

#18: I take driver again and hit it well, 227 yards and just in the right rough. I hit 7i to keep it short of the creek and hit it about a yard too long to stay in the fairway. Up the hill from 96 yards a gw is on the back fringe. It's very downhill from there as the first putt keeps rolling 16 feet past. It's on the same line I had earlier though and I drop it in for the par. Back 9 of 43.

48/43/91

fairways: 3/14, driver 2/7, 3w 1/2, 4i 0/5
GIR: 0/18
GIR +1: 12/18
1 in the water, none OB, 6 trees hit
putts: 30

I played with 2 members and they each get their own cart. I, of course, walked. Time for the three of us to play 18 on a Saturday? 2 hours 35 minutes! If I could hit it remotely straight, I'd be looking into a membership.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Shot a reall ugly 99 today. Never played this course before. Very tight fairways and some very tough holes. Greens are much smaller then the other courses in that area. I also did go with my cousin so I think if I would of been alone I would of scored better.
72 par, 6,063 yards
67.9 rating, 120 slope

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I think I ended up with a 51 for nine today, which was fine with me. I was lucky to even be out, since my wife had our second son last Tuesday. I have two awesome sisters-in-law who came over and took care of the kids so that my wife could sleep and I could golf.

I am working on a posture change and ended up putting 3 tee shots OB and two more into the water, with even half of those shots back it would have been a decent round. Things definitely were coming around at the end, and I hit a beautiful birdie 2 with a 15 foot downhill putt that had 6 foot of break that I hit absolutely perfectly.

I could have probably done without the 40mph driving rain that came on midway through the last hole, but at least I was almost done.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

87 (41/46) i was off to a great start with a birdie followed by a par but after the first 9 my putting got really bad with two 3 putts on the back 9.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Played 80 today ( 41 & 39 ).

3 Birdies and 1 Eagle however 3 Double Bogey !
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

I went out today and shot a 78 in SOGGY conditions. I missed 6 birdie putts within 8-10ft! I just didn't have the reads right...speed was good. I also finished with 3 bogies. Anyway, it could have been really low but it is what it is. The good news is my game has already gotten back to where it was lst summer. It has come back much quicker than I expected. It came back before my lesson even started so I have no doubts that I will reach my goals this year!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Played today and shot a 86
I 2 putt all but 4 greens which one was a 3 putt and had 3 doubles..
Just not my day I guess.. Although the weather here in NY was perfect. 70, sunny, no wind!

Titleist 907 ; D1
Titleist 695cb ; 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled ; 56*
Scotty Cameron ; Red-X
Titleist Ball ; Pro V1Age ; 16

54, and no, I wasn't playing 18

shot a 49 today on the same 9 as the 54 yesterday. Shot a 49 last time before the 54 too. Had a 7 to open with on a par 4. Made 3 pars.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.