IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 41(+6). Played great other than a stupid triple on #5. Tried to hook a shot around a tree onto the green an pulled it a little and it caught a branch and made a mess of it. Overall played really well. Didn't score as well as I wanted as good as I was playing, but I'll take it. First round where I really felt like I had my "new swing" working.

Played the back as a practice round but on #17 I had a PW into the green. Smoke it right at it over the trees overhanging the left side of the fairway right in front of the green and hit the flag stick...for the FOURTH time this year! First two were with my 9i from about 140 out, then I hit it with a 7i from about 155 out and this one was with a PW from about 130 out! Wish one of them would go down for eagle!

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Another 79. I am very happy with it of course, but I want to break 79 and start hitting mid 70's.

Literally had six 4-5 foot birdie putts and I left all of them 2-3 inches short on a perfect line. Then I had a couple 10-15 foot pars I made

10 greens ( my irons are phenomenal lately since implementing stack and tilt ), 4 fairways ( my driver is a joke right now )

Played with a guy who only plays 5 or so rounds a season but swings harder than anyone I know. We had a thunderstorm come through, and no BS, he hit a drive 388 yards with help of the 30mph winds. Longest drive I have ever witnessed in my life.

Dropped my handicap down to 9.4....loving my game right now.

http://fairwayfiles.com/score_details.php?pscore_id=1694479

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Had a fun round today.  Was playing with 2 buddies (one plays maybe twice a year), the other probably a 25 handicap or so.  We decided to make things a little more interesting and they played a 2 man scramble against me in match play.  I also gave them a stroke on every hole.

We only played 9 and I ended up shooting +2, they were somewhere around +11 (gross) and ended up beating me in match play! lol  Fun stuff and made pretty exciting all the way through the round!

Brad

93 on a course I had never played before. 26 putts, 11/14 fairways,1 bird and 2 pars. Two triples kept me from having the round I wanted, but without a friend that had played the course before telling me the layout, it couldve been much worse.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by meenman

93 on a course I had never played before. 26 putts, 11/14 fairways,1 bird and 2 pars. Two triples kept me from having the round I wanted, but without a friend that had played the course before telling me the layout, it couldve been much worse.

you my friend are a putting machine

In the bag:
G-15 9 degree with Proforce V2
Ping Anser V-2
MP-52 3-PW, JPX-800 Pros 3-PW
52-08, 56-11 Vokeys G-15 15.5 3W G-10 5W

Wild day on the course.  I had a really good round for me,  I am a 18.5 handicap and shot an 83 today with three birdies and 4 doubles. I putted greaat all day being deadly for 4 feet out but missed 4 putts from inside 3 feet.  Thats right inside 3 feet.  Canned a bunker shot out of the sand in a bunker that was 10 feet deep.  I couldn't see it go in but I heard it hit the pin and my playing partners cheer.  Hit every fairway except 18 which I hooked into the woods to send me home on a double bogey.  Wild ,Wild day.  That round lowered my handicap to 17.5 ,  I started the year at 22.5 so I am on a roll.

Stephen T.

Shot an 86(+16). Birdied the first hole after a great drive and I stuck a PW inside 2 feet. Knocked it down for bird and that would be the only one putt all day. Two putt EVERY green after that. Could've scored so much better if the putts would've fallen. I was so close on every putt but they just would not go down today.

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

Well I had a rocking round going with a starting string of 10 pars.  Then I got hit in the foot with an errant drive and didn't do better than double-bogey on any hole after that.  Oh well, such is life on the golf course!

Brad

Shot a 40 (+4)

FIR- 1

GIR- 6

UP&Down-; 1

Putts: 17

Good day, started off slow, +4 in the first 3 holes, then go even par with 2 birdies in the final 6 holes..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Broke 90 for the first time ever yesterday!  I shot an 86.

*I hit 6/14 Fairways

*7/18 GIR

*38 putts

*No birdies, including one missed 5 footer for birdie, and a few other par putts missed inside 5 feet

*2 doubles including one hole where I hit the fairway and had an 8-iron into the green. The guy behind me was in the rough, and called his cart partner back to get another club so I rushed into my routine w/ routine, and blocked the shot right and OB!

My previous low round before this was a 91, and I've played a couple 42, 43 or 44 9 hole rounds or stretchs, but this is the first time I put two 9-holes stretches together back to back during one round.  Very encouraging.

• Upvote 1

Shot a 40 this morning.  4 pars, 1 birdie, 16 putts.  Had a great round going as was even through six holes...lost concentration and went double-bogey, bogey, bogey, on the final three holes.  Overall it was a good morning.

Shot a 74 today, best round of the year. Would have been under par had it not been for two triple bogies(ARGHHH). There is always one or two holes than ruin a game hahaha and one of them just happened to be the 18th because I was so excited about my score and lost focus.

87. Actually happy with it

The toughest course I have ever played.

Sirocco Golf Club here in Calgary

7200 yards, 74.4 rating, slope 141 - in immaculate shape.

Again, my driving was extremely poor, partly because of tight fairways with no room for error. Fairways were also sloped so ball would run off them and into the rough. Also because I can not get the ball in the air at all, some of them going only 15 feet off the ground. Hit 6 fairways

Hardly got a flat lie when in the fairways, so having to adjust for either the ball going left or tight was tough. Hit 6 greens.

Greens were brutal. If you did not hit them in the right spot, you were putting either up hill or down hill, and they were so fast I never got the speed right during the entire round.

One of the par 3's is 140 yards downhill about 50 feet. Playing into the sun I hit a crisp GW that was going right at the pin, but we all lost it in the sun and I never found it.

Last 2 holes wee pretty much played in the dark.

Best shot was the final hole. 180 yards out 7 iron to 8 feet.

Was a good test and overall happy, dropped the handicap .1 to 9.3

http://fairwayfiles.com/score_details.php?pscore_id=1696614

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Couple of tough rounds Sunday...83 & 86.....Nothing but my driver seemed to work for me.....Hit most of the fairways, very few of the greens..(by inches...or a few feet), missed way too many putts...nursing golfers elbow, but not making excuses...My game just wasnt what it is....Still managed to have a good time tho...even the the golf was bad...

Picture the shot.....Believe the picture....

Played so bad today. 49(+13). Couldn't catch a break all day. Put two balls in the drink, was on the beach three times, and had my first four putt. I went for the first par 5 in two. Crushed a hybrid and fairway running up to the green was so wet my ball hit and plugged. I had to get my divot tool out and pry it out. The top of the ball was even with the turf around it. Had it not been so wet it would've run right up onto the green but I shook it off. I just have a little pitch onto the green and two putt it for my par. Ugh, no. Tried to play my low running pitch and check it up but it was too wet and the club just sank into the turf and I chunked it. Just an all around terrible round. Couldn't make putts, and couldn't get to the green. A bad combination leading to a bad round.

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

81 (39 + 42) on an easy par 70 course.  Played the blue tees.

Started incredibly well with two birdies -- a 65' putt on hole 1 and a 30' putt on #2.  Then my usual game came back: bogey on #3.  The worst moment of the day: standing over a 30' eagle putt thinking glory... and then four-putting.  $%&!

The stats:

1 triple

2 doubles

7 bogeys

5 pars

3 birdies <--- A new record for me! Never had more than one before.

6 GIR

3 Fairways (several narrow misses; several massive misses)

No penalties (missed a water hazard by about three inches though)

33 putts

...Oh.  And I was playing my Apex Plus irons for the first time -- fun!

39 + 44 = 83.  Had 3 birdies but too many lip outs.  Lately, I can't seem to get out of the low 80's and back into the 70's.  I am stuck in the low 80's for the last 6 rounds.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2