IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

42(+6). Pretty simple round. Six bogies and three pars. Could've easily shot a 39 or 40 though. Just had some stupid shots that costed me a couple pars.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

shot my best round of the year +2 for nine holes but it started really bad.

hole 1= good drive bad scecond shot decent chip and missed a 4ft par put +1

hole2= hit my drive behind a tree then hit the tree, then went over the green, poor chip made a 20ft put. +2

hole 3= hit my drive in the water, hit a tree on second, third was 30 yards short of green chipped past hole made a 10ft put +3

hole 4=hit my drive just short of water, hit next shot in water, next shot on missed put +5

hole 5= great  drive, hit second shot from 132 and left a 8ft put down hill which i missed +5

hole 6= great drive, hit second shot from 185 to 3ft from cup made eagle put +3

hole 7= drive landed 1ft behind pin and rolled out to 6ft. missed put +3

hole 8= great drive 30 yards short of green, bad chip left myself a 12ft put up hill, missed put +3

hole 9= hit 9 iron 152 but pulled it a bit had a big breaking 25ft put from the fringe. made put +2

shot a 38 on my home course my personal best before this was a 40.  I thought it was going to be a bad day but turned out great.

44 - One under bogey golf. I bogeyed the first 5 holes, doubled the 6th, then pared the 8th and 9th. Pretty happy with my lag putting and my driving. Caught some thin shots, though, due to not keeping my hips steep enough.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

81(+11) today! Played really well, just made some stupid mistakes that costed me my first round in the 70's. 4 doubles, two should've easily been par or bogies. Three birdies saved me though.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

• Administrator

74 at the Upper Peak .

Hit 7 GIR but if I had a yard stick I'd have hit about six more. Lots of putts from just off the greens. Need to work on my partial wedges before I play Locust Hill on Sunday.

Jimmy Hanlin was filming Tee it Up Ohio while I was there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I so need to start figuring out what is wrong with my driver.. LOL  and to remember to warm up before hitting #1..  Only hit 1 fairway on the front 9 for a 37, and hit 3 fairways on the back 9 for a 35.. I'm happy, but that has been my trend the last month of play..  Struggle on the out nine and shoot par or better on the in nine..  The driver is the key..  :(

38 front nine, 45 back nine (two 6's in a row!) Was hitting everything great on the front...maybe got too overconfident on the back

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

+2 at a course i've never played  (9 holes)... 3 over on the last 2 holes :(

:whistle:

blah, an 85 on a pretty easy 6800 yard par 72.  it was like i was TRYING to make bogeys almost.  2/3 of the round, i would find SOME way to mess up.  i never strained myself for the bogeys, a lot of them were relatively long par putts that i would miss by just a few inches one way or the other, but i think i only hit six greens in regulation today and i didn't hole any putts longer than 5 feet.  seven pars, ten bogeys and a triple (hooked my tee shot OB on a 180 yard par 3, then three putted it to boot).

-1 today. Didn't play from the blues (~7100) because my friend I play with every two weeks isn't long enough to play from there. I just teed off with a few more 3 woods and 3 irons. Still felt good though. The new i15 with the Diamana WB is just killing 'em.  :)

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

• Administrator

Even par at Locust Hill.

Of course... we only played one hole before we were rained out. :-P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Fun round today!  The front 9 went from sunny to crazy windy with horizontal rain back to sunny (just as we made the turn).    The back 9 was about the same but with more rain!  I almost turned my umbrella inside out but managed to catch it in time!  Through all that I managed to finish only 10 over par.  Not great but not too bad either.

The highlight was hitting a 410yd par 4 in one shot (it was actually on the fringe but my buddy decided to count it).  Downhill, massive tail wind and my normal 290yd bomb made for an extra $10 in my pocket!  Should have bet more!!

Brad

81 on a par 36. Let's just say I've gotten rusty since the last time I played a round of golf about 10 years ago. And maybe me having played plenty of baseball in between didn't help my swing.

Hit a 43 (+8) on my local course today for nine! First birdie for me today as well :) My game is really weird, I never hit birdies, as today is my first one, but I hit a lot of pars. I always choke on the birdie putts. It's a mental game i play with myself i think. Overall i'm happy with that score, as I would only be a +16 if I shot 18 in that fashion. I'm somewhere around a 20-25 handicap so that's a pretty darn decent day for me ;)