IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I believe I am the model for inconsistency. Slapped it around for a 5 over 76. I guess I need to spend some time working on my ball striking because I was getting off the tee and I was getting up and down (for the most part) but in between was a trainwreck.

I went and played the second nine again for revenge and hit all 7 fairways, hit 7 greens, and shot even 35. Had to right the ship!

Driver:  R9 Supertri 10.5* -  909D3 9.5*

2 Hybrid:  2009 TP Rescue 17*

Irons:  R9 TP 3-PW

Wedges:  Vokey 54* & 60*

Putter:  2Ball Vline 34"

I shot a 3 over 75 yesterday.  Not bad considering my previous 3 rounds were all 85, two 79s before that, a 78 and a 76 before that, and a bunch of 85s before my 70s streak.

The difference today was I putted better.  I made 4 birdies, missed 2 birdie putts inside of 8 feet that were easy, and I almost holed out a greenside bunker shot and left it hanging on the lip.  I drove it in the trees several times, but made outrageous recovery shots advancing the ball considerably.  Ball striking with my irons was a little shaky.  Driver was longer than usual.  Next time out, it could be a completely different story.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

I shot a 75 (+3) yesterday which is great!  I haven't played since preparing for my move a month and a half ago so I'm really happy about that.  A positive omen.  My ball striking was actually pretty good and I hit 14 greens.  However, my short game was less than desirable and my putting, oh goodness, I couldn't get the ball to the hole!  I was actually +7 until the 14th.  From that hole, I went eagle, par, birdie, par birdie.  Couldn't be happier about that finish.  Definitely need to get to work on those greens though.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

54 in a scramble -- 18 under par. Sure it was a scramble but still, I kept score and we had 25 on the front nine -- seven birdies and two eagles. Nice club from the 6200 tees. Super true and fast greens. Most fun I've had in a scramble. Three guys playing a four-man scramble. Alternating the second shot. Hdcps of 6.1, 13.4 and a no-cap 30ish. We made a lot of putts.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

43(+8). Played alright. Had two doubles(1, 8), three pars(3, 4, 7), and bogied the other four. Left alot of strokes out there. Could've easily had a 39-40.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

42 (+7)

Double, Bogey, Bogey, Par, Par, Par, Bogey, Double Par

Honestly, putting and wedge game sucks.. Not able to hit a green from with in 100 yards, but able to hit the ball with in 25 feet from 130, thats just nuts.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

97 WOO HOO!

First time under 100. Now I think I need to get one of those Taylormade Rescue 3 hybrids with the dual weights because i'm sure the couple shots I made with it today saved those 3 strokes that put me in the 90's.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

I'm stoked! I shot 77 today, my first time breaking 80 on a course that isn't a muni since resuming play again after a long hiatus (over for years without touching a club). I will say, that although I am very pleased with my score, it would have been a bit lower had I converted three birdie tries from within 15 feet...so I know there's room for improvement. Anyways I'm on cloud nine right now...thinking about having a nip off the whiskey tonight to celebrate.

The War Sticks:

Driver: Adams Speedline F11 9.5* w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff flex shaft

3Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 10 15*

Hybrid: Ping G10 22* 

Irons:Mizuno MP32's 3-PW (bought used for $189)

Wedges: Cleveland CG14 52*, 56*

Putter: An old Ram Laser...lol...but it works

Ball: Srixon Q-star

I shot a 44 on a 9-hole par 37 when I played with buddies on vacation. I'd carded a par, two bogies, and three doubles going into the last 3 holes. I just grit my teeth and hoped I could manage to go just two over on those last holes and still salvage a decent score. Instead I went one under. A par, birdie, and 1/8 of an inch away from a second birdie. Two of the holes involved hitting short iron approaches over a tree, and both times I hit the green. My last putt was a slightly downhill 12-footer with a gentle left-to-right break. I read the putt perfectly, it appeared, but at the last second the ball veared right and caught the lip of the cup, swung on the lip briefly, and fell out. Maybe I was only off by 1/16 of an inch. Still, it was a decent note to end on. :-) My driver and hybrids stunk, but wedge play, putting, and good iron recovery shots saved me.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I played with Neil Smith yesterday..................a NFL defensive line star who played with KC and Denver when they won 2 superbowls.......

It was a hoot......he is definitely better at rushing the QB...........LOL

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I just got done playing one of the best rounds of golf of my life. I birdied the first hole which really got me off to a strong start and helped my confidence for the rest of the round. I was relaxed from the tee but as usual I tightened up on the green and struggled with putting. I ended up with an 82 and no complaints, other than my putts but that was expected.

Just finished my top round of the season so far with a 78 (+7). Everything was working great off the tee. If the ground wasn't quite as soggy, my short game and putting would probably have been better. I left too many putts short, and caught too much dirt with some of my wedges. This was actually my first FULL 18 holes with my new woods...played two 9 hole rounds and a 7 hole round (lightning ended the day early)...and I have to say they were a great investment.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Todays round was a 87 and I played an awesome first 9. started off with 3 bogeys, par, birdie, bogey, par, birdie, and then screwed up the last one with a 8 on a par 4. Last 9 was a lot worse but ended the round 3 strokes over my handicap so pretty pleased with the day all together.

This was the first round with my new 3 wood as well and used it on at least 6 strokes the first 9.

Driver: Ping i15, 3 Wood: Ping i15, Irons: Mizuno MP-53, Wedges: Mizuno MP T-11, Cleveland CG15, Putter: Ping iN Anser V2

I played 9 holes after work on a track I've never seen before and shot even par.  My wedges were hot and my putter was solid.  Driver was solid too.  My mid-irons were a little iffy (not terrible, striking off a bit), but my chipping was spot on when I missed a green or two because of my mid irons.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

89 for me. 44 on the front and 45 on the back.

par - 2

bogey - 11

double - 2

worse - 3

Could have been significantly better if I hadn't had three blowup holes, the worst of which was teeing off into a small sticking out bunch of branches to the right:

Tamkin01.jpg

Landing back in the right of the fairway (WAY short) and using my hybrid to punch forward under a tree but somehow hitting under the ball and skying it into the tree where it bounced out to the left of the fairway:

Tamkin02.jpg

Were there was a guy mowing the fringe who ran it over and it pinged out down the left of the fairway. I dropped a replacement and sliced it OOB to the right:

Tamkin03.jpg

I dropped a second and sliced that OOB right again before I stopped for a couple of mins to clear my head as there was nobody behind me.

Pitched on and two-putted.

• Upvote 1

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Had a remarkable 79, considering that on par 3's I has a shocker (I went 4, 5, 6, 5) plus I was without a 6 iron (wrapped it round a tree about a week ago - a good shot, but I'm not sure the club felt the same!)

Pleased overall though - tough course too - http://www.westhovegolfclub.info/course.htm :)

I attempt to get round with:

SL290 Driver, 9*, 43S Shaft

FL Fairway, 15*, 43S Shaft

Burner Superfast 2.0 Hybrid, 18*, Reg. Shaft

CG16 Tour Black Pearl Irons, FST KBS Tour Reg+ Shafts

CG16 Black Pearl 48-8* Wedge

CG15 52-10*, 58-10*, 60-8* Wedges

Method 001 Putter

41(+6). Not bad for doubling the first hole and bogeying the two easiest holes on the front.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club