IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Heritage Club in Pawleys Island, SC

48-40 for an 88.

First time I have ever played this course, heavy fog for the first 5 holes...made it impossible to see more than 100 yards in front of you.

Great layout.  Great condition.  Can't wait to try the course again.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 93 today. That is a decent score for me. Chipped and putted well. Got in an all day skins game. Birdies a 198 yard par 3 for a net 1. Hope it holds up because I wanna get paid.  I lost 5 balls today, 4 OB and 1 Water hazard.  For me to shoot a 93 and lose 5 balls, wow, could have been the round of my life.

102 (55/47) at my home course.

A very odd day - was drilling the driver but EVERY non tee shot (no exaggeration) was hit fat - no matter how many practice swings I took with the divot well in front of the ball.

I guess I should be happy that 2 out of 14 clubs worked today (driver + putter)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

It was very cold and I could not play golf today.

I did bowl and my high game was 254 today

I actually bowled like crap today...........at least I had one good game today.....LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I had a strange day on the course yesterday..  The course was open on the front 9, so I was playing pretty quickly, but didn't score very well.  Driver was decent, not spectacular, but every tee shot was playable.  I couldn't hit an iron to save my life though.  Wedges were pretty good, I was trying to be more aggressive with my wedges than usual and ended up hitting a few longer than necessary, but that's better than leaving them painfully short.

Ended up shooting a 47.  47% on Fairways hit, but those that weren't hit were very close.  Only had 1 GIR because of my ball-striking.  But I only had 14 putts.  So at least the wedges and putting kept me from having a complete blow-up round.  Still not where I should be, but there's something going on in my swing that I can't shake.

Well, I played in our monthly Men's club tournament, and shot a 78.

The greens were very fast... 11 on the Stimp - and there were a few greens that were faster than that as the day warmed up and they dried out.  I four putted a Par 3 #6, which was our 17th hole of the day as we started on #8. I have to figure out how to take advantage of my drives on Par 5's.  I definitely left some strokes out there.

The two double bogeys were brutal...

#6... I flew an 8i to the back of the green, nice baby push draw - I flighted the iron just like I envisioned... Expecting the ball to pull back on a severely sloped back to front green.  No luck.  Leaving myself with a 3% slope, 35ft putt ~ 60" breaking putt downhill.  Hit the line that I wanted - but hit it way too hard and rolled it off the green into the fringe.  JACKASS.  I was so frustrated with myself and putted back up the face of the green and left it 10ft short. Missed the 10ft for bogey and tapped in for double.

#17... I hit a decent drive down the right hand side which didn't draw - just went straight... It actually came to rest on the cart path.  And ground under repair in my drop area, so for nearest point of relief was actually the fairway.  I hit a 5 hybrid from 200yds and I blocked it right - leaving myself with a 25yd pitch shot.  I tried to hit a 58* flop shot for my third shot, to keep the ball from running out and leaving myself with a long birdie putt.  And duffed the flop shot.  I was pissed, and decided to go to my 54* - and hit a bump and run shot and if I left myself with a longish par putt then so be it.  And I duffed the pitch for my 4th shot.  Now my blood was boiling, and I hit the same 54* bump and run and hit it 15ft past the pin.  Missed the bogey putt, and tapped in for 7.

I don't know why, but this game is punishing at times.  I really need to figure out to avoid these type of mishaps from creeping into my game.

81 with 2 doubles.   Ugh.

69* and not a cloud in the sky.  I don't know how anyone can expect a decent score in weather like this......

I know, I'm sorry, that was totally uncalled for.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

81 with 2 doubles.   Ugh.

69* and not a cloud in the sky.  I don't know how anyone can expect a decent score in weather like this......

I know, I'm sorry, that was totally uncalled for.

Yes it was. I had to shovel snow off my car twice today

Yes it was. I had to shovel snow off my car twice today :-(

I hear your pain brother. I clear snow of my car every morning these days and then have to drive by the golf course to take my kids to school. Then I come on here and listen to theses FLA and Cali boys crying about how chilly it is for the early morning tee off. Grrrrrr. Lol. SIGH.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

92 at Saddlebrook Resort's Saddlebrook course.......Not bad considering it's tight fairways and water everywhere!

It's just across from my house and I have never played the Saddlebrook course....always played the Palmer course.

Regular Fee for Feb is $145....

Played 9 holes today and I had 19 points to win the day. Left a fair few shots out there but I had a BIRDIE on a par 4 I was over the moon.

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

Played on Saturday in 25* temps. My first time teeing it up this year and my last round was almost 3 months ago.

Its a short Par 70 track, i went 38-40, for a 78 w 3 birds.

I shot 83. Front nine - 44 (three penalty shots and a 3 putt), back nine - 39 (which is only 3 over. 3 putted twice! aagh!). Overall very happy - hit 11 greens in regulation.

Been working on steady head/flat left wrist/maintaining the right hand flying wedge and I'm seeing a HUGE improvement in my ball striking. I've never hit my irons so consistently solid. Need to get those putts in the 30-40 foot range a lot closer though.

I shot a 52 on the front nine and then things really got bad, lol.

It was an easy course - ordinarily I would expect to break 100 on a course like this and maybe even hope for low 90's.  I didn't lose any balls and got no penalty strokes.  My driver was really not working at all . .but I was still managing to poke little 200 yard drives into the fairway - most of the time.  My long irons were working great.  I hit an awesome 4 iron off some hardpan from 185 and stuck the green and several really good 3 iron shots.

but . .my chipping was really bad - every chip way short, my putting was also bad - the greens were peplexing me . .sometimes I left em short but more often I was rolling them 6-8 feet past and then missing on the way back.  In my defense, the greens were rockhard and had little tufts of foriegn grass popping through them that would deflect the ball or slow it way down.  My buddy still managed to shoot an 89, though, so . . .

Another 82.

The opposite of my last round.  I started out at +3 through the front nine. :)  then +9 for the back.  :(

played my first three rounds of 2013 in the last 8 days.

97, 97, and 98 yesterday.

since September 2012 i have lost my slight draw/straight ball flight, and picked up an ugly, weak fade. i know that i'm looping big-time, and coming in really steep.  and i can't stop it.

i've hit exactly 5 greens in 54 holes and 0 out of the last 30. haven't sniffed a birdie yet.

averaging 4 fairways hit per round, and have lost about 30 yards off the tee.

the only fun part of the game right now is putting, averaging 32 putts.

i am the suck.

80. 45/35. For **** sake. Good shots are far better with the new pattern but bad shots are far worse.

Did have my first "barefoot birdie", though. Par 5 downwind, driver into left short cut, 4 wood over the back of the green, which is surrounded by water. Got lucky and it held up 6 inches from the drink. Only problem was no dry stance. Took both shoes off, waded in and pitched to 12 feet. With people waiting behind, I climbed straight out and putted barefoot -- fell in the right side. Have to say, it feels downright sensuously good walking around on bent grass with no shoes on. If I didn't think I'd get yelled at at my club, I'd totally practice my AimPoint with nudie feet.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon