IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Went to a nearby course I like, getting tired of my home club.

96 ... 51/45...71.2/127...a 22.1 differential.

Took a while to settle down even after warmup at the range.

First nine had a lot of practice with recovery shots!

A good round this morning. Was raining on off the whole time and due to a lady's comp i played the back nine first and then for the front nine played the holes out of order as i skipped round a bunch of fourballs.

A new best score at my new home course. Shot an 85.

I was not hitting the ball all that great but the putter was hot today which made my score maybe better than i deserved.

Henry

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a nice little 37 this morning.  I was able to make a couple birdies to counter the bogies a bit.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

42 with a triple on the card.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

An 87 this afternoon. Was a really windy day.

Another round in the 80s so can't complain but i really need to work on my swing. A low cutty ball flight all day wasn't really much fun. Hit more greens than yesterday though so heading in the right direction.

There was a regional junior tournament on which i was playing behind the whole round, and my word. Those kids (aged 11-15) can really play. One boy in particular was probably  15yrs old, had the prettiest swing i think i've ever seen in person. Very justin rose like, and this kid was bombing it out there probably 270-80.

Henry

Eight pars and one bogey this morning for another 37.

• Upvote 1

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

43-41-84

Pevely Farms

This marks the 3rd game in the 80's and the first time ever with only one double bogey all day.  36 putts which isn't great but I am hitting more greens.

+3 38 1 double 2 bogies 1 birdie 5 pars Driver was too much left today. Irona were better. Putting was bad, 3 putted 3 greens.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Shot a 40 today at Golden HIlls, with 3 bogies, a double bogey, and a birdie.  The lone birdie was with a 4 iron, on a 238 yard par 4 (temporary green), that I drove to within 20 feet and had a tap in for birdie.

39 (+4) on league night, 2 doubles and 2 birdies. 2 sand shots on one hole cost me a double, and then I 3-putted another hole after leaving a wedge from 110 short. 5 GIR (3-putt one of those too!!), finally might be finding a consistent fade with my driver (or at least not a banana slice, which has been killing me).

Frustrating sand shot, I was 25 yds short of the green and was waffling between opening the face and hitting it hard or trying to skim the ball off the top with a chipping motion. Decided to open the face, but forgot to power through the ball which is a problem for me in the sand if I don't focus on it. So I hit it correctly but let the club die as I came through and it only went 10 yds which wasn't enough to clear the bunker...

Golf is a weird game with no rhyme or reason as to how I'm going to play.

Today when I finished mowing my wife and son were playing so I put up the tractor, threw my clubs on my cart and met them on the 15th tee box (they had started on the back nine).

I didn't even have my GPS with me or even a pair of golf shoes and hadn't hit a ball or even taken a practice swing.

Started out birdie, birdie, birdie. :bugout: Then a bogey to finish that side.

Front side: Par, par, birdie, birdie, par, bogey, par, par, bogey.

Two under for 13 holes is certainly not great but it's the best I've done in a while and under the circumstances... a head scratcher.

(And I didn't even putt very well at all).

I shot a 113 at crestbrook in Watertown CT today. We played the course backwards and i struggled on the back 9 and did better on the front 9. I hit my 5 iron well and wedges pretty well. I struggle on the Par 3's because i have to hit an iron off the tee. I think i might start hitting half swings with the 3 wood. I need practice hitting irons off the tee.

+2 38 Two birdies Four bogies Three pars One three putt 7 nGIR
  • Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

shot 71 even par.6200 yard local course.best ball striking round ever.18 pars.hit 13 greens but couldn't get a birdie putt to drop.changed to interlock grip and my last 3 rounds have been 73,81,71.guess ive been using wrong grip for past 20 years

77 and 78 with a quads on both rounds. Both times I was cruising I thought I might finally make par then I have an easy 15 yard chip that I scull 30 yards over the green for a quad. both times!! urg

why? I get so unnerved that I my followup pitch shot isnt even close to the hole and quickly three putt to out of there...ugh!

Played pretty poor yesterday and today and gonna take a few days off (unless my buddy gets me on Oak Tree this weekend and then I'm drivin 2 hrs to play). Shot 80 both days we identical 39-41s. On diff courses. 3 putted 8 times in 2 days :~(