IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played my standard local today, shot an 85, 42-43. Best score of the year though I had a slightly lower index at a more difficult course.

This was the second round with my new driver and it stunk. Just can't hit it. I have never played one because I just don't seem to swing them well. I hit it pretty well on the simulator with the pro there telling me exactly what to do but cannot replicate it on the course. I hit it 8 times and only one was in the fairway. The rest where all over the place and not just off the fairway but requiring recovery shots.

Matt E.

:srixon: Z745 (9.5°)

:touredge: XCG5 4 wood (16.5°)

:gigagolf: Turbo Power Z 7 wood (21°)

Louisville Golf Niblick 7 wood (24°)

Miura Baby Blades 5-PW

:mizuno: MP69 PW (50°)

Scor Wedges (53°, 57°)

:edel: Putter

Apple Valley Golf Club.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Final tally for the day was a 1-under 141 for 36 holes. Better ball score (if that matters) was 65. Very solid contact all day; misses with the driver were all to one side so I stayed out of trouble. Never missed a green from 150 and in. And I made 8 putts from 10-20 feet. Was a good day.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Had an absolutely great morning playing 18 at Falls Road GC with my kids and my boy's former 4th grade teacher.  He's a good golfer, albeit a bit inconstant, having played for his high school.

He was suitable impressed with my kids golf abilities including knowing how to play fast, ready golf.  I've trained them well in proper golf etiquette.  That includes taking off the hat at the end-of-round handshake. :)

I was pretty satisfied with my play, shooting a 91. Everybody had a good time, and we finished in 3:45.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Thursday night league 9 hole with a "dead man shamble" format. One player would hit the drive and then everyone would play their own ball from that point. The other players on my team are a 18, 22 and 34 handicap so they look to me to make decisions. It was a bit like herding cats trying to manage their games since we were also taking the low 2 Net scores. Each player had to hit 2 drives and I hit 3 which were all in play with 2/3 hit fairways. We did not have any drives into a hazard or OB but did have 2 topped drives. One par 4 we had 230 to the pin and I put my second shot on the fringe where I made Par. The other topped drive left us 240 to the pin but it was downhill and with a slight tailwind... Debated on hitting 3 hybrid but hit 3 wood instead and put it just over the green which meant it traveled about 260. Overall a good night and we came in 4th place which helped us in the standings.

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Played 9 holes with the wife and shot 40 @ Buffalo GC.

I got out my guest set of clubs: Wilson Staff Ci7 irons, RBZ driver, and Anser 2 putter. Didn't feel the love that I get when playing my regular set, so they went back to the basement.

After we played I had some garlic-parmesan wings and beer. Delicious! :beer:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

93 at the same course (71.2/128)  with another similar set of stat: 4 GIRs, 9/14 FIRs, 33 putts.   Three blown up holes (2 triples, and a quad) did all the damage.

94 at the same course (71.2/128) with 3 GIRs, 8/14 FIRs, and 32 putts.  One triple and a quintuple did all the damage.   Continue to score in very narrow range (92 - 94) for the last 5 rounds.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I shot a 94 ... 47/47 ... not bad for me.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

39/39 par 72. The course I played today was about 6800 yards. Played to my handicap of 6.

Remember its just a game.....more serious than life and death.

OMG! I played an alternate shot tournament with a very high capper. He hit one drive about 175 and one par 3 to about 10 feet. Every other tee shot was either OB, in the water, in the woods, or a worm burner around 100 yards or less (often in a bunker). He wouldn't have broken 120. It was a long day. I hit 11/14 fairways and all 4 par 3's in reg. On the par 4's, I hit two 5 irons into the greens with the rest being all fairways woods. I never hit my pw, 9i, 7i, 6i all day. The other team won 1 up. That may be my last alternate shot tourney unless I get someone who can hit the ball. I'm off now to the best ball part of the Ryder Cup tourney. I got paired with another guy who is 70 and will not break 100. I may start drinking early and often. Lake Jovita in Dade City Florida is a very nice course. We played the North Course yesterday. Today is the South Course which I hear is even better. Stimp will be 11+.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Played early this morning at Deer Creek GC. 73.8/143 course rating 7019 yds. Shot 39 + 43 = 82.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Am new here...saw in my welcome email I should post something here so I will...last i played was Monday last at Stonecrest in Summerfield, fl...par 72, yardage is 6852...shot 79 with a double on the 3rd hole after driving out of bounds, and a triple on the par 3 11th since I dunked one in the water and refused to use the drop zone...then proceeded to blade the second tee shot into the bunker behind the hole...2 birdies though with 4 bogeys and 10 pars...a fairly nice round, a little Better than usual but considering my buddy shot 108 it takes a lot of concentration for me to play well while watching my friend struggle to do anything...but we all started there so I don't mind it...
  • Upvote 1

Very happy with how my golfing is developing this season. Seems like I was 'stuck' at the same level the last 1,5 year but lately I really feel like I start to play better. Last saturday I had my best round (by far) ever, playing +12 in 9 holes on a 'normal' course. Dropping my handicap big time. Sunday I played a short par 3 course (aprox. 75 meters per hole on average) shooting bogey on the first followed by eight straight par's (only downside was I didn't make any birdies since I was hitting most of the greens). Feels like my training and lessons are finally paying off again.

~Jorrit

My son and I played at TPC-Tampa yesterday.  From the front men's (69/126, 6008) I shot a 101, 46 on the front and 55 on the back.  Definitely a tale of 2 sides.  On the front, I had 86% FIR, 33% GIR and 18 putts.  For the back, 29% FIR, 22% GIR, and 21 putts.  It was hot and I seemed to melt!

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

another gem of a new course - I'm running out of courses near me on the weekends to try out.  Messed up a couple really good birdie ops.  But at least I'm giving myself chances.

Bill - 

94 at the same course (71.2/128) with 3 GIRs, 8/14 FIRs, and 32 putts.  One triple and a quintuple did all the damage.   Continue to score in very narrow range (92 - 94) for the last 5 rounds.

Shot 3 rounds in similar score in the weekend.   The scores were ho-hum but a few stats stood out.   In one round, without a GIR I had a lot of shots at chipping/pitching for my final approach shots.  They worked almost to a perfection and led to 11 - 12 one putts for 25 total putts for the round.  That's my personal best beating my previous best of 26 putts.  In another round, I hit 12 of 14 fairways which is a good result for this course.   I think it tied my personal best there, too.   So, a couple of personal best stats out of 3 normal bogey golf rounds.   I'd rather beat my handicap score though, instead of getting PBs.   None of the 3 round figured into my next GHIN report.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)