IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Hey! I just got done, 66. :)

I am a talented young long hitter who is going through LPGA Q school next fall!

I just made a Facebook sportsperson page, and would love to invite you all to follow my progress from the start!

Facebook.com/ViiviGolf

Instagram: VIVTHEGOLFER

Twitter: viivinuorti

Thank you for the support, and for being #TEAMVIIVI from the start! :)

Congrats on a great round. Good luck at Q School.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I think I'm done for the year.  The tennis elbow is VERY bad and I wore a brace this time and pretty much was yanking about half my drives left like crazy.  Apparently a damaged right arm for me results in closing down the face at impact - lesson learned there.  Lots of pain at the end of the day.  Ridiculously SLOW 5 some in front of us the whole time

Time to heal.

A couple really great shots and holes, no birdies, couldn't read a putt over 6 feet if I tried and the poor driver really hurt the game on fairly easy course.  Though I did hammer two shots on the hardest hold of the course #14 - over two sets of gullies - Dr - 3w to the edge of the green - chipping for eagle - still couldn't get up and down for a birdie.  And a 3w center of fairway to 40 yards on #11 and then overcooked a little low punch I was experimenting with.  Finished up on 18 with just a perfect regulation played hole on a par 4 that always plays long due to winds.

A little frustrating, but it was still golfing before the season ended.  So it's GOOD.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Another practice round today.

First hole was a 7, I hit my tee shot into a tree. My 3i approach also hit the same tree, and left a deep dent in it. I hit the 3i again to punch out between the tree and a generator/light fixture right into a bunker. Hit 8i from the bunker into the green side bunker after bouncing off the green. Bladed my bunker shot twice, then pitched on for a putt 7 finish. This was probably more memorable than my subsequent nGIR bogeys and pars.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Went 52 front 37 back today...

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

I played 18 at Candlewood valley golf club in new Milford. I scored a 53 on the front 9 and a 54 on the back 9. My short irons really worked well for me today. I pared a couple of holes and double bogie a bunch. I have only been playing since March. I hope to become a par golfer at some point. My driver stopped working around hole 13. Lol I started to get hungry and it was getting dark.

40-41--81 hit the ball HORRIBLE!!! Scrambled very well no birdies but no doubles... 0 3-putts first time all year I played 18 holes without a 3-Putt hit 1 green ironically it was the last, 8 scrambling pars, 4 of my bogeys were one putt bogeys the other 5 were two putts... 24 putts today, where the hell has this been all year

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Played 24 holes at Eagle Crest at Eastern Michigan University.  They had holes 10, 11, and 12 closed for construction, so they offered an all-you-can-play promotion for $25.  Not bad.  Recorded the front 9 in 47.  Played the "back six" and the front 9 again as practice.

- Mark

Brookside Course 1 Blues ((72.7/130  -  6732): 89 (Practice)

1 triple, 3 doubles, 8 bogey, 6 pars, 9/15 FW with steel shaft driver, 4 GIR, 37 putts. Drives were really short today (220 yards average). Nailed a couple good ones, but pulled them right.

Played the back 9 with a couple who moved really fast, then the front 9 in really slow conditions with 3 random people. People in front of us were really slow.

First round post my injury. It only hurt a little bit, hopefully it will be healed soon.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Went 52 front 37 back today...

51/41 today. WTF!

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Brookside course 1 Front 9 Blues: 48 (Practice)

Didn't do too well today. Just kept hitting into stuff, one OB (fell short 2 yards with my 3i on an ~182 yard forced carry, and lots of putts. 1 GIR, 3 FW. On the plus side, I am getting used to using my irons for a heck of a lot more shots. Partially because my woods and hybrids got me into that stuff a lot more today.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Shot an 86 which is OK for me I have never broke 80 on a legitimate course if I made a few more putts could have been lower but on a particular 4 about 300 yards I almost drove the green which I haven't done there before it was a slight dog leg left up hill .I was playing two balls because there was no one out basically was a practise round but I was looking for my ball by a tree that I saw it come down near just off the fairway and I thought wow I really hit that good but I couldn't find it so I looked closer to green and there it was I took a pic to send to my friend who I play with every week and if I can load the pic I will also if u look near the flag my second shot was about 5 feet away from pin . Like I said I was hitting balls practicing but only scoring the first ball

Brookside course 1 Front 9 Blues: 48 (Practice)

Didn't do too well today. Just kept hitting into stuff, one OB (fell short 2 yards with my 3i on an ~182 yard forced carry, and lots of putts. 1 GIR, 3 FW. On the plus side, I am getting used to using my irons for a heck of a lot more shots. Partially because my woods and hybrids got me into that stuff a lot more today.

Brookside course 1 Back 9 Blues: 46 (Practice), and Front 9 first hole 5.

Good news, I got rid of the pull with some mirror work at home and half a round of play, with 3 GIR out of 10 holes played to show for it. Bad news, putting was awful with every ~6-8 foot putt missed. Also, I bladed my wedges once too many, and got me a 7 with an OB.

As to the 3 GIR, man did it feel good hearing that thunk on the green from 100 to 150 yards away. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Work got called today because of the rain in the northeast but it wasn't that bad so I went golfing. Went to a local course in central jersey , no practise range or putting green but it's close to work so I went . Anyway started off playing bogey golf for 4 holes than blew up a 9 on a par 4 followed by an 8 on a par 5 horrible I know in the woods and ponds . But ended the first 9 with 2 pars followed by another on the 10th 3 in a row than a bogey followed by 3 more pars in a row than a double followed by par bogey I ended up with a 90 which is not great but pared 7 of last 11 to finish so I salvaged the day on a good note "can't wait til Sunday hope the pars keep coming in bunches . Also missed a few birdies by 1 ball rotation so Ala in all not to horrible hahaha

I played pretty well, but the penalties are still killing me.  Stone Canyon:par72..... 73.2CR 141slope.............38-40=78

I only hit 6/13 fairways, but my misses were small.

Greens: 7

Putts: 26.......thanks to just barely missing several greens

Pentalties: 3.......... three swings cost me 5 strokes!!  These weren't exactly foul balls either.  This course is a tough course to play a clean penalty free round.   With that said, 3 is completely unacceptable under any circumstances.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Today was a true grind. Started off okay but penalties kicked my butt on a couple holes. Overall my GIR was spot on today, putting was average, tee shots on par 3's was terrible. This was the last round of the year :( Not the greatest score but overall I'm proud of the recoveries I made given certain situations I put myself in off the tee....

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

46-37-83.

Weird round. I drove the ball well all day but I had some major issues with my short game on the front nine that cost me a ridiculous amount of shots. But I settled down on the back, especially at the end, going two under over the last 4 holes. I actually hit a horrible second shot on the par 4 15th hole, but holed out a beautiful 75 yard shot for birdie. I said, "go in!" when it was a few feet short of the hole and my opponent was incredulous, but it was pretty obvious it was right on track. Then went par (sandy), birdie (12 feet), par (great up-and-down).

Bill M

Brookside Course 1 (Ladies tees: 6000 yards): 43/39

Did back 9 alone first then front 9 with 3 ladies. No rating for the course, but I would estimate the difficulty to be about the same as Course 2 blues which is about 69/123.

1 triple, 1 double, 7 bogeys, 7 pars, 2 purely lucky birdies. 14 FW, 8 GIR, 35 putts.

I used a 45 degree club to carry 110 whereas normally it is a 175-185 forced carry par 3.

There was a horrified look on some ladies behind me when I was hitting off the same tees as the ladies in my party on the front 9. They really should make a man's rating on the red tees.

I'm probably going to do this from now on, but figure out a time I can go myself for the entire round. It'll be "embarrassing" until I can break into the mid 70's. . . Actually, who gives a crap what other people think? It was a fun round.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Brookside Course 1 (Ladies tees: 6000 yards): 43/39

Did back 9 alone first then front 9 with 3 ladies. No rating for the course, but I would estimate the difficulty to be about the same as Course 2 blues which is about 69/123.

1 triple, 1 double, 7 bogeys, 7 pars, 2 purely lucky birdies. 14 FW, 8 GIR, 35 putts.

I used a 45 degree club to carry 110 whereas normally it is a 175-185 forced carry par 3.

There was a horrified look on some ladies behind me when I was hitting off the same tees as the ladies in my party on the front 9. They really should make a man's rating on the red tees.

I'm probably going to do this from now on, but figure out a time I can go myself for the entire round. It'll be "embarrassing" until I can break into the mid 70's. . . Actually, who gives a crap what other people think? It was a fun round.

There is a formula to do that, just don't know it off hand.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition