IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

First on the course this morning and a 2 hour and 10 min round. Opened with a tap in birdie at 1 but followed that with a double at 2. That makes 3 straight rounds with a double at 2. Long downhill par 3 and it’s in my head now I think. Fought with some misses today mostly deep. Did manage to birdie 9 and shoot 36 on the front but the back was just one big old bogey fest as I could only muster a 42 on the back. Had a good look at 18 for birdie, which is one of the holes I’ve yet to birdie this year at of course yanked it left. Overall hit the ball fairly well. Just an average scoring round tho.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 minutes ago, Dunit507 said:

... That makes 3 straight rounds with a double at 2....

I wonder if you'll be anxious the next time you approach the second tee 👀

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Played in our Mens Golf Association this morning, Green Tees on course #5.

What a start, hit the tee shot OB! Hit my 4th shot to the green and made the bogey putt! The next 8 holes I shot -1 (par,birdie,bogey,birdie,par,par,bogey,birdie) for a front nine of 36!   The next nine was just as crazy! Par,birdie,par, hit tee shot OB again for a double, then finished par,par,birdie,par,par for a 36!  5 birdies which was an all time high for me!

Had 7 fairways, 10 GIR.  27 total putts. Had 10 one putts, just crazy!  Needed to par the 18th.  So just to make it hard on myself, I pulled it left (again) and and to chip it out of the trees to the fairway.  Hit the 3rd shot from 123 (PW) right at the pin, went a bit long about 9 feet above the hole.  Drained it, downhill left to right. 

This is one of those rounds that could have been so much better!  Aren’t all of them 😁

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, HankBlue said:

I wonder if you'll be anxious the next time you approach the second tee 👀

I’m sure looking at my course stats in the app today and seeing I’m up to a 3.8 average on the hole, my worst on the course helps. It’s a tough par 3. Today the tees and pin were back so it was bout 220 or so. It’s got an elevation drop tho so 4 iron would have been the club. I came over the top and missed left today. Left is absolutely dead. There is a ravine left and a neighbor’s yard left. If you bail out right there is a hillside where depending on the lie you could be facing a downhill chip with green sloping away. No picnic there either. I bailed out right last 2 times and made 5 so my thought process today was I’m not missing right.... at least I didn’t do that I guess!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Terrible round on Sunday. I was playing a new course, and the weather was unusually hot for the area, but unfortunately neither of these can be blamed for my misery.

I suffered from a pull on almost every shot, varying between minor and extreme. To make things worse, they were all pull draws so the left miss was often way left. After a 50 on the front, I quit keeping score (aside from automatic shot tracking on my watch), had some beers, and just enjoyed the walk.

Looking back on the round, my ball flight had a pretty clear and consistent pattern, and I should have just started aiming 20-30 yards right of of my target, but I felt like I could correct the problem on the course, so I didn't adjust (nor did I correct the problem well enough to make a positive impact).

My play on the par-5 12th hole pretty much sums up the energy of the round.

• Stroke 1: Pulled drive into red-staked penalty area on the left.
  • Stroke 2: Drop
  • Stroke 3: Pull 3W approach into nearby overhanging tree parts, ball ricochets left into red-staked penalty area on the left.
  • Stroke 4: Drop
  • Stroke 5: Pull hybrid into red-staked penalty area on the left.
  • Stroke 6: Drop
  • Stroke 7: Slightly pull 8-iron approach left of green, bounces off hardpan into red staked penalty area behind and left of green. At least it's playable.
  • Stroke 8: Pitch the ball from the hardpan and dried brush, lands on a downslope, rolls past the hole and into the rough near the right front of the green.
  • Stroke 9: Chip onto green, about 8-feet from hole.
  • Stroke 10: Putt with LW to 2-feet (didn't feel like walking to where I left my bag to grab the putter)
  • Stroke 11: Putt with LW, ball is holed.

:~(

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I don't post on rounds much but this one was a little special. Raining most of the day and were told we could tee off 20 minutes early in front of high school practice. Rain stopped and sun came out just after teeing off and the course was wide open.  Started off hitting a bunch of pulls and snap hooks on the first 7 holes. Still somehow saved par on 3 with a 15' putt, birdied 5 with a nice 60 after banging my drive off a tree into the fairway short of the penalty area. Four over after 6 and should/could have been 10 over. Then chipped in for birdie at 7 followed by 6 consecutive pars (3 that just missed for birdie), next two holes were birdie and another birdie chip in. Bogie saved with a 12 footer foreshadowed a dismal ending, but followed that with 2 pars to end it. All under 3 hours and with a 35% aerification discount. Is that an awesome day or what?

• Thumbs Up 3

13 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

.... My play on the par-5 12th hole pretty much sums up the energy of the round.

• Stroke 3: Pull 3W approach into nearby overhanging tree parts, ball ricochets left into red-staked penalty area on the left.
  • Stroke 7: Slightly pull 8-iron approach left of green, bounces off hardpan into red staked penalty area behind and left of green. At least it's playable.
  • Stroke 8: Pitch the ball from the hardpan and dried brush, lands on a downslope, rolls past the hole and into the rough near the right front of the green.
  • Stroke 10: Putt with LW to 2-feet (didn't feel like walking to where I left my bag to grab the putter)

Wow, what a nightmare. 😳

14 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Terrible round on Sunday. I was playing a new course, and the weather was unusually hot for the area, but unfortunately neither of these can be blamed for my misery.

I suffered from a pull on almost every shot, varying between minor and extreme. To make things worse, they were all pull draws so the left miss was often way left. After a 50 on the front, I quit keeping score (aside from automatic shot tracking on my watch), had some beers, and just enjoyed the walk.

Looking back on the round, my ball flight had a pretty clear and consistent pattern, and I should have just started aiming 20-30 yards right of of my target, but I felt like I could correct the problem on the course, so I didn't adjust (nor did I correct the problem well enough to make a positive impact).

My play on the par-5 12th hole pretty much sums up the energy of the round.

Oohh. Feel ya. :-(

Vishal S.

Score 67

Fairways 12/14

Greens 16/18

Putts 31

Put together a good round today. Been working hard on my tempo, and its definitely starting to pay off. Hit the ball very solidly, only missed 2 greens and 3 fairways and none of those were missed by very much. Could have been an even better round, I lipped out 3 putts in the front side. 

sc.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

87 today (46 front 41 back) from the whites at RiverBend 69.1/122 at just over 6100yds).  9/14 fairways hit, 5/18 GIR plus 2 additional nGIR.  Total of 35 putts.  Started off 1 w/GIR and promptly 3 putted for bogie.  It pointed to how the front would run with three double bogies, four bogies and two pars.  Only one 3 putt on the front so the putter was doing okay.  Back nine started with a double bogie, but quickly settled down as I finished the back nine with 4 pars and 4 bogies to go with the lone double.  While I did not make any birdies, to know I was giving myself opportunity for such was welcome. Big contributor - getting the grip settled and also making better club selection into the greens.  

• Like 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Everything started out good on the practice green.  Then, shortly after I hit my my first tee shot (long over the green by 5 yards), out comes a family of "Foot Golfers."  Husband, wife, mom-in-law, son, and two young daughters.  I estimate the children's ages as twelve, eight, and six.  Loud screaming, rowdy heathen types.  Just noise, noise, noise.... and they're EVERYWHERE on the course.  Which led to a second distraction later.  So, in order to alleviate the distraction, I let them play through.  Finally, after 6, they're far enough away to be a minimal distraction.  However, in their wake, they've disturbed all the long (and wet) grass.  NOW THE  MOSQUITOS ARE OUT IN FORCE.  [I estimate I've about 50+ mosquito bites from today.]  12 holes to go, I play on...  Mosquitoes following me like paparazzi.  On 10, I catch up to another golfer ("Wally") that let the Wild Bunch play through.  We finish the course together... me, Wally, and the mosquitoes. 😆

Scorecard.10.9.2021.jpg

That said, my golf coach recommended I move to the "big boy courses" when I broke 80 on the Par 3.  So, today is...

GRADUATION DAY😎

• Thumbs Up 1

Shot 83 today, 13 nGIR/GIR, 31 putts, and 4 penalty strokes. Of the 13 nGIR, I had 8 GIR, which is better than typical for me (I think usually I'm in 4-6 range).

Full swing is still a little dicey, but in general start lines were good, and misses were drawing too much, especially driver. Around the 15th hole, I changed my swing thought to focus on keeping my hands more in front of my chest (it "felt" like on bad misses my hands were getting way behind me), which was effective. I actually gained strokes with approach play today, which was nice to see.

Short game was decent, including two sand shots that left makeable putts. Hit a couple pitches that rolled out too far, but no short game shots left a second short game shot.

Putting was okay. This was the first round in quite awhile where I lost strokes putting (compared to 5 HCP), but I didn't feel like I putted poorly, but I did miss a handful of 4-6 foot putts that I'm usually decent with.

Overall strokes gained vs. 5 HCP:

• Off the tee: -6.12
  • Approach: +1.50
  • Short game: +.057
  • Putting: -1.46

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Happy with my round today.  Bogey, par, bogey, par, birdie, par x 5, bogey, par, bogey, par x 4.  Didn't even realise I had played so well until I saw the scorecard at the end of the round on my phone.  Didn't lose a single ball and was nGIR or GIR on pretty much every hole.  I suppose it helps that the course isn't super long.  It has rained a couple of days so the course was wet and soggy in some places.  Very little run out on shots.  I was hitting my driver pretty straight and my hybrids were good as well.  Wound up using about half the clubs in my bag.  Driver, 2 and 4 hybrid, 7, 9, PW and LW.  Couple of holes I was in bunkers which is why the LW even got used

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Played 3 times last week for a combined -9. Didn't hit it as well yesterday as I did the first 2 rounds, but I managed to get it around without my best swing. Finally had a good week, I had been struggling a bit as of late.

1338527929_ScreenShot2021-10-10at7_40_21PM.thumb.png.527227bce5d70feff69dc885dd5ac967.png

• Like 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I shot 90 yesterday on a course I find difficult,  and was happy to play good solid bogey golf, including 2 pars and 2 double bogeys to balance them out. I made some great shots and overall felt great after my round. And that's why I play this damn game.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G400 Max, 3w: Callaway Steelhead XR, 5W: Callaway Steelhead XR, 3 Hybrid: Callaway Steelhead XR, 4 Hybrid: Callaway Steelhead XR, 5 Hybrid Callaway Steelhead XR, 6-PW: Callaway Rogue, 56° wedge: Callaway Jaws, 60° Sand Wedge: Callaway XR, Putter: S2H2 Paul Runyon

Played 9 at Minnesott today from the whites.  Started with a dbl and three bogies for +5 thru 4.  Pretty much on track to be in the upper 40’s, not what I really wanted.  5 is a par 3, tee shot hole high just off the green.  Able to chip on with the 54 to within 4h’ of the hole, got a decent read for a 1 putt par.  Parred 6, bogie on 7, with another par on 8.  Sitting to finish with 42, one of my better finishes. 9 is the other 3 and is all water.  This is my nemesis hole, too many tee shots short and wet.  As I was not ball striking all that well, opted for an easy 4h.  Tee shot lanes and checked (greens were super receptive) to 3’.  Oh man, all set for a birdie finish.  Putt rolls in dead center for a birdie and +5 for a 41.  Plenty of recovery options as I had to scramble a lot, but it was a good day.  Love seeing circles on the card for sure!  

• Like 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

99 on my first round at a USGA course.  Scorecard filed. 😎

Scorecard.10.13.2021.jpg