IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

44 front
44 back
88 Gross
70 net to win my golf league by 6 strokes!

• Thumbs Up 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Big week of golf on Monday played neighbouring course I love to play off the tips solid 80 could have been lower had I not rushed my last few holes (had to pick up kids)... WED had my third round of my Club match play series and won it on the 19th .. some pretty rough golf 87 with 4x double Bogeys ... onto the semi-finals ...Today played with my wife who hasn't played in 6months she beat me in matchplay  2-1 .. what a crazy game it can be ...

Go Foxy Go

52 for 9 holes.  Last rd of the year.

Safe to say I just cannot play this game. I find nothing enjoyable about it.  

I did get to see my dad shoot his lowest rd of the year. So,  that's a positive. 

Shot a 46 (par 35).  Could have been a little better, had several putts just miss.  None were short or easy so I can’t complain but if 1 or 2 dropped it would have been nice.  Did have one nice drive @ 250 yards in center of fairway (only fairway hit) and a chip in for par from @ 23 yards.  The best part of the round was no lost balls - zero penalties.  Only 3 NGIR.

One casualty, I hit a beautiful GW to get back in the fairway and the shaft broke as I was walking to the cart.

Should be an easy fix.

IMG_7095.jpeg

Edited by StuM
Fixed typos
  • Thumbs Up 2

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Shot an 83 on Sunday, 3 GIR / 8 nGIR, 1 penalty.

Pleased with the score because full swing was not very good, but short game and putting were sharp enough to salvage par/bogey on holes where I was badly out of position.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Shot a 76 this morning for a new personal best on my home course (it’s a par 70, I’ve had better score in relation to par on away courses).

Gained strokes in all categories compared to 10 hcp and gained against 5 hcp too. Ball striking was solid today, 8 GIR / 9 nGIR, zero penalties. It could have been a better score, I had two 3-putt bogeys after GIR on #17 and 18. IMG_3057.thumb.png.f096b02792c9285d533b970ac0aa0d13.png

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Played Musgrove Mill Golf Course in Clinton, SC. My last 5 rounds have all counted towards my handicap whiz dropped from 9.4 to 7.6 over this time. Great driving, GIR and a 10% drop in putts/GIR have really helped.

These items were not around after a 2-week layoff. 9 penalty shots, by far the most I have ever made. Most were from bad drives, which has been a strength for me.

Hit all 4 par 3s, but 4-putted one hole, and birdied another to finish +1 on these holes. That’s good for me! Short game shots after reading Dan Grieve’s book, we’re good but I wasn’t aggressive enough with Release 2. Made a great up and down on 14 from 51 yards out of o waste bunker for a tap-in. Unfortunately, I hit my tee ball in the water and this was for a double. Looking to play again soon.  

image.png.51e0c5861d97d0027dc282b5c847782c.png

Hole of the day. 11th hole at Disney's Lake Bunea Vista GC. 273 off the tee to just in the first cut on the right side. 137 left to hole, stuck a PW to 4ft. Missed the birdie putt. Tap in on the back side for par. 9 over on the day. Played with a nice father and son from Buffalo NY.

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

• 2 weeks later...

Played Musgrove Mill and tied my best score with a 40-42. Had been putting well but the past two rounds felt like the yips were returning. Been practicing with an old putter using 50-gram back weight and a prayer grip. 3-putted the 1st and 7th holes, and birdied 16. 10 Fairways and GIR, 3 penalty shots on tee balls, the last I may not have been fully committed. Need to finish 9s better. Closed with 3 bogeys on the front and 2 on the back.

• 2 weeks later...

Last round until today was 9/11/2023. Shot a rusty 85. Ball striking was decent but I made just enough mistakes and putted poorly to doom the round.

Brian Kuehn

Played Apple Valley at Rumbling Bald in NC. Shot 44-37 after a few weeks layoff following lithotripsy and issues with kidney stones. Hit 12  fairways, 10 GIR and had 34 putts. Have been yippy with my putter lately having to return to the claw mid round in my last few rounds.

Good - great driving day. Missed the first fairway by 5’ and the 9th by 1” on a very blustery day. Hit my tee ball on 14 to 7”, and my wedge approach on 15 hit the pin for back to back birdies from 10” total.

Bad - we arrived 45 minutes prior to our tee time and they suggested we go immediately to get ahead of a large group that was finishing their round and wanted to okay another 18. No warm up or putting practice. Glad we did but I was a little shaky on the front 9.

Ugly - bogeyed 4, 5, 6, 16 and 18 with easy wedge approaches after great drives and/or transportation shots. This had been a recent strength, but only converted 1 such opportunity today.

Have been practicing while looking at my target while convalescing and able to stand with good results. Yips returned on the first green with the prayer grip and went back to the claw and looking at the ball. We will see how things go in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful fall day in Philly yesterday. The course is playing hard and fast, and the greens are lightning fast, as they should be this time of year. Got off to a lazy start and then made a number of doubles in a row on the front, leading to a nasty 48. Got it together on the back for a solid 40, even with a double bogey mixed in there.

48-40-88

Bill M

On 10/8/2023 at 10:10 PM, Clemsonfan said:

Bad - we arrived 45 minutes prior to our tee time and they suggested we go immediately to get ahead of a large group that was finishing their round and wanted to okay another 18. No warm up or putting practice. Glad we did but I was a little shaky on the front 9.

Seems a bit ridiculous. A tee time is a tee time. 

Also just because it's a large group doesn't give them a right to play slow, they should still be in foursomes and playing at a normal pace.

Priority should be to the groups that have tee times, not the groups who already played and want to wrap around and play more. If they wanted to do that they should have booked additional tee times ahead of time.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

• Administrator
6 hours ago, klineka said:

Seems a bit ridiculous. A tee time is a tee time. 

Also just because it's a large group doesn't give them a right to play slow, they should still be in foursomes and playing at a normal pace.

Priority should be to the groups that have tee times, not the groups who already played and want to wrap around and play more. If they wanted to do that they should have booked additional tee times ahead of time.

I don't know how you read it.

I read it as the group had tee times… they were just playing their second 18 of the day, and they offered to let him go ahead instead of following their tee times.

We were behind people clearly playing a match (with maybe 12 guys in three foursomes) at Mid-Pines, and they clearly slowed down as they got to the back nine of their second 18 of the day. We played the last hole in the dark.

If we had been offered the chance to go ahead of them, we'd have taken it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, klineka said:

they should still be in foursomes and playing at a normal pace.

Lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

5 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't know how you read it.

I read it as the group had tee times… they were just playing their second 18 of the day, and they offered to let him go ahead instead of following their tee times.

We were behind people clearly playing a match (with maybe 12 guys in three foursomes) at Mid-Pines, and they clearly slowed down as they got to the back nine of their second 18 of the day. We played the last hole in the dark.

If we had been offered the chance to go ahead of them, we'd have taken it.

Ah, I read it as the large group was finishing their round and decided they wanted to play more so they were just going to loop around and start again without specific tee times.

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Lol.

Key word there is should. 😂

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, klineka said:

without specific tee times

I think that's where you may have gone off track.

You may have assumed this part. I've seen plenty of groups have a second tee time for the afternoon. We've done it at the Newport Cup.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 hours ago, klineka said:

Ah, I read it as the large group was finishing their round and decided they wanted to play more so they were just going to loop around and start again without specific tee times.

Key word there is should. 😂

You read it accurately.  The group played a late morning round and notified the ranger they would like to play another 18. Doing so, several would have played before us with the rest after us.  My group and another twosome went both teed off about 40 minutes ahead of our tee times.

It worked out since we played in about 3:40 and got home about an hour earlier than expected.