IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30-33=63 at the Links At Hiawatha Landing

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Today my Dad, brother and I went to our home course to play 9 while he got his oil changed at the dealership down the road. Unfortunately, they were lining up for a shotgun start private outing, so we had to head to Streamwood Oaks (awful site warning) which is a really nice course, but a real beast for high handicap, short hitters like us.

To top it off, as soon as we paid up and headed out of the clubhouse, the skies opened up and it started raining at a pretty good clip and everyone who was already out there headed in. Luckily the rain passed in about 10 minutes and we teed of for what was a hellish 9 holes.

Started off with a 10. Then my Dad put up a 10 on the second hole. By the 3rd hole I had straighted myself out and had a textbook par. Dead center drive. 8 iron on. 2 putts. I followed up my excellent par with another 10 on the 560 yard par 5 that plays like it is 1500 yards.

At the end of the day, I stuck my scorecard into a big supercomputer that NASA lent me explicitly for the purposes of calculating my golf scores and it spit out a big fat 60 at me. 21 putts and 7 lost balls. I had fun though, as my brother had me in stitches through it all, and, despite my score, I am not too discouraged or down on myself because the overwhelming amount of my errors were because I just was unfocused and didn't have my head in it. When I buckled down I made good, solid contact and put the ball where I wanted to. I just have to learn to do that more than 50% of the time now!

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

43+39=82

I only hit 1 fairway on the front, but hit 6 on the back. I hit 11 greens, but couldn't make a freaking putt.

Driver: FT5 Tour 9.5*
3 Wood: FT Tour 15*
Irons: X-Tour 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: Custom Shop Studio Stainless Newport 2

I shot a 81 this morning, it was a wierd round for me, but overall was happy with my swing. I spent about 4 hours at the range last night alternating between the range and chipping area, it took me a while to figure out what I was doing wrong on the range, but once I got my hip turn to lead my downswing I was hitting long and straight.

3-birdies
5-pars
7-bogeys
2-doubles
1-ugly 8

I hope to improve this later today when I go back out for my second round.

Gus
---------------

89 at Cypress Creek, drove the ball well, but couldn't hit the wedges today, kept shanking them to the right off the hosel. Here is the last 4 holes pretty much sums up my day on the links.

15 Par 4. (1)Straight tee shot takes a big bounce in the fairway runs through the fairway in to the marsh. (2) Drop. (3) Shank SW OB. (4) Drop. (5) SW back of green. (6) Chip to 4 feet. (7) Hole out for 7.

16 Par 3. (1) Tee shot on green pin high right 35 feet. (2) Hit first putt 6 feet passed hole. (3) Lip out from 6 feet. (4) Tap in for bogey.

17 Par 4. (1) Duff tee shot in to marsh. (2) Penalty stroke. (3) Re-tee hit to right side. (4) 8 Iron to fringe. (5)&(6) 2 Putts for double.

18 Par 5. (1) Tee shot OB right. (2) Penalty Stroke. (3) Re-tee drive to right. (4) 3 iron right on line came up short in bunker. (5) Blast out to 20 feet. (6) Sink a 20 footer for bogey.

Tough day.....
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

111 yesterday and a 105 this morning. Todays round started with my best front 9 ever (52) but I had a few minors issues with the back 9 that I am usually stronger at. I guess I need to stop taking chances if I want to break that elusive 100.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

My second round today went better, I shot a 77, was striking the ball really well with all of my clubs, except for my new gap wedge, which I am still getting used to.

2-birdies
10-pars
3-bogeys
2-doubles
1-triple

Gus
---------------

92 at the Links at Summerly. I have a new favorite course!

92 is my best ever "first time" score - that is, my best score taken from the set of scores for which it was my first time seeing that course.

It's pretty darn good when you consider the white tees are rated 70.7 / 131 for 6281 yards. And the 92 includes 3 7s and an 8! One of those 7s was on a par-4, the other two 7s and the 8 were on par-5.

Somehow, I managed to avoid all the water and burns on the course. Yay for yardage book and smart planning. There were only maybe 4 long-game shots today that I felt were really poor shots, and 3 of those were with my 3H!

Long story short: good score great course

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Played Gold Mountain Cascade (Bremerton, WA -- 71.6; 120)

Shot 77 with 14 greens in regulation -- I had 4 three-putts, with 3 coming from 10, 12 and 20 feet respecitvely -- also missed two 6 footers to save scrambling pars.

I have played once in the last month and that was on slow, horseshit greens -- I have had no time to practice and simply got DRILLED by some very quick greens today.

Need to figure out how to find some time to get on the practice green during the weeks.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I think I figured out the key to consistency for me. Leave the drivers, woods and hybrids in the bag . I've done just that the last two rounds I've played and had two of my top three scores ever. Both rounds were 101. I may not hit my irons very far but I can hit them straight. Now I just need to find a three and a four iron.

Mike

78 w/ 35 putts. 61% GIR 21% fairways.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

i shot a 78 today (39-39). This is the first time I've ever broke 80 during 18 consecutive holes. (not combining scores). Down the stretch though I learned that my swing was iffy under pressure. Hopefully it wont be next time.

-2 Birdies
-7 Pars
-9 Bogeys

Brandon Sweet
Handicap: 11.6
I play on the Hop Brook Server

Inventory:Driver- Burner 9.5 degree3 Wood- BurnerHybrid 3 Iron- R7 Rescue DrawIrons (4-PW)- RAC MBWedges- Vokey Design 56 and 60 degreePutter- Teardrop Roll-Face

I shot a 51 (T2nd best ever) at my local course. I went at 7 pm and had to beg the manager to let me out. It was very nice being the only person on the course. I'm pretty mad that I still haven't broken 50 yet, though. I hit a 9 on the Par 5 Third, and an 8 on the Par 4 Fourth. If I bogeyed both of those holes I would've hit a 45. I want to get out tomorrow and try again.

Shot an 88 today, the worst round I have played the past 3 months. Had 33 putts, only 2 GIR, and hit 50% of the fairways. Was not a good day.

Gus
---------------

Played Midland Valley Golf Club today with my lovely wife riding along.

She tended the flag and in general cheered me on.

I had 2 triple bogeys and 2 birdies and couldn't seem to hit driver or 3 wood worth a crap. Luck for me the iron shots ran from servicable to super. The 2-ball putter was dialed in and stroking. I was lagging putts tight from all over for simple tap in's for two-putts.

My sand play sucked outrageously today. Found two bunkers, both greenside. Tried to get cute with both shots as I didn't have much green to work with....opened the face too much and decelerated both times...ball was left in the bunker....dummy...dummy.

Anyway....I scrambled my butt off and carded an 89.

She said that she understood about the driver and three wood and encouraged me to replace them.....I was shocked!!!!!!

I see some G10's coming my way soon.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

79 today, good score, but really didn't play all that well :-S

had a 20 footer for eagle that I missed, Some good shots all around, some bad ones.

First day with new wedge and putter, haven't dialed in the distance for my 54* yet, had some good greenside shots with it, 31 putts with my new putter, didn't seem to have much confidence in it yet and haven't gotten used to the C-Grooves.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16