IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

ehh I shot an 89 at a course I usually shoot 82 - 84 at. The back nine ate up a few of my balls. I had some good drives but I also skied the ball once and topped the ball once with my driver. All my distances were off today. I was really going after the ball for some reason but I did account for it. Hit nine iron for 150 and went over the back left of the green. I usually would have gone with an 8. Just one of those days i guess

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Still on vacation in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, I played at The Pointe this morning. I shot a 90, oh so close to my next goal of getting into the 80s. I didn't play very well on the front and again finished strong on the back. I think it's because I don't warm up before playing, even though I played on Monday and I practiced on Wednesday morning. I guess I need to focus on warming up before teeing off. I'd score a lot better if I was starting with my back 9 score. My driver was better than average today. I think because I was focusing on keeping my head down and my right elbow close to my body on the downswing. I really thought I was going to see that "89" as I was going through my par streak on the back 9. Sad to see I was only 1 stroke off, especially with the 3 penalty shots and the 3 putts. Happy to see I'm getting closer and know I'm capable of taking the next step. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/277385/width/640/height/483][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/277385/width/640/height/483[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

Shot a 38 for nine holes on a short executive course (all par 3 - 1400 yards) today.  Tied my personal best on the course but didn't make any outstanding shots, mostly just consistent bogey golf.

I chunk'd a few tee shots (I hit off the turf rather than a tee) during the round and bladed a chip shot across the green on the third hole.  Overall, I was happy with the round just wish my chipping and putting were better.

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six and write down five." - Paul Harvey

Well not today but late yesterday I played my first round since coming to The Sand Trap and it was by far my worst of the year!!! Tripple digits for the first time since I last played the Stadium Course at Sawgrass two years ago. Ughh! Either way, glad to be hear and hope to find those few key bits of knowledge that I need to bring my 16.4 handicap down to single digits.

I played on twilight on thursday at a different course and ended up shooting a 78, but we had to play the back nine twice because of a league. The front 9 is actually a little easier so I may have shot better. My short game was on point and chipping I was leaving myself some decent chances for birdie but choked those away for par. Thats 3 rounds in the 70's (my goal this year was to break into the 70's). I played yesterday as well at my home course and shot an 84, I played well but a few clubs I just wasn't hitting like I did at the other course.

Played a quick 9 with my father for Father's Day.  And I played a LOT worse than my scorecard lets off.  Although I did have some killer shots, I went 15 over 31 for the round and that was with getting Par on 3 holes .  Also topped 25% of my shots which my average is 4.5%.  BUT I did manage to 2-putt every hole.  So all in all...I'm disappointed with my round, but if the #1 and #2 can get cut from the US Open, that is just proof we all have bad days!!!!

Dirver:  Burner Superfast (Stiff Shaft) 9.5*----3 wood: Daiwa 3 Metal G-4 Brougham

2 Hybrid: T7 Attack 16*----3 Hybrid: Golden Bear GB Tech 460----4-AW  Burner 2.0 (R Flex)

SW:  56* LW: Mitsubisha 60*  Ball: Nike PD Soft -- Glove:  Weathersof

• Administrator
[URL=http://erik.barzeski.com/rounds/20120616-p290.html]69 at Kahkwa today.[/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/278301/width/640/height/686][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/278301/width/640/height/686[/IMG][/URL]

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

96 and 91.  My feet are killing me.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

New home course low of 95. For the 2nd week in a row - I struggled to find the fairway (50%). Also a season putt high of 36. 2 pars,11 bogies, 2 triples and 3 doubles.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

shot a 91, which is my career low. my short game was clicking today, and i'm sure the torrential downpour helped. only 4 fairways hit and 2 greens (both of which were from 200 yards out, i love my hybrid) but i got up and down 5 times against one 3 putt with only 30 putts for the round.

then i went out and walked a little executive course with the wife and shot 37 which is a low for me, but i lost a lot of touch between the morning round and that one. my putting was still good, but it's just the 20 odd yard chips that give me trouble sometimes.

tomorrow i'm walking 18 at a course that gives me trouble and in case you can't tell from my picture, i'm a large man so it should be interesting. then it's back monday to the course that i just shot 91 at to see if i can hit break into the 80s with a few better drives.

after that i think i might take a little break. golfnow is nice, but still it adds up when you play a round or two a day.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

79. Great round, with an awesome partner. Definitely a guy i'm going to play more rounds with. Took the game serious and was very good (shot a 73).

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

81 on a par 67. 9 over on the front with 3 balls ob and 5 over on the back with a 3 bogey when i was looking at a birdy when my second shot went ob. very uncharacteristic draw with a hybrid.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Shot a 96 at Brooksville Country Club.

It was 2nd time I have played this course and the nice part was beating the same quarry holes that ate me up last year.

The downfalls of todays round were 2 lost balls in the rough - if you werent in the fairway, it was rough finding anything.

Putting was atrocious - these greens were some of the fastest I have played in awhile. Ended up with 37 putts - only time other than our superintendents revenge tourney at my home club in which i averaged more than 2 putts a hole.

I finally did see some of the lack of etiquette and a-holes that others seem to encounter on a public course. I had to keep tempers down since I didnt believe anyones fathers day should have been ruined.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

46 and 87, new low at my new home course.  Walked 63 holes this weekend.  Won't ever do that again.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Was on a business trip last week, shot 84-83.

The 84 (par 72, 70.7/121) round was actually much better than the score, I didn't know the course and made two strategic errors that led to penalty strokes and resulted in a triple and a double.  My ball striking was very good and my short game was excellent.  I had a 7 hole stretch on the back nine that was -1.

The 83 (par 70, 69.4/128) round was just the opposite: I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, but seemed to somehow manage to recover most of the time.  I looked back over the scorecard and I had FIVE 3-putts.  Once again, three-putting is preventing me from breaking 80.

• Upvote 1

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls