IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

5-over for a 40. Started off well - even after three holes - but I had a stretch of five bogeys. Finished with a par, though.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

:-) Sixty-eight years old and playing my second season of golf. Today, I made my first hole-in-one. 159 yards from Tee, over a pond with short Fairway. Hit an orange Bridgestone 6 with Adams 6 Hybrid. The ball hit short of the cup and went in on one bounce. Came close last year on same hole but stopped on the left lip of the cup. Had a bad case of the butterflies as I approached the Green with the ball nowhere in sight.
  • Upvote 1

Sixty-eight years old and playing my second season of golf. Today, I made my first hole-in-one. 159 yards from Tee, over a pond with short Fairway. Hit an orange Bridgestone 6 with Adams 6 Hybrid. The ball hit short of the cup and went in on one bounce. Came close last year on same hole but stopped on the left lip of the cup. Had a bad case of the butterflies as I approached the Green with the ball nowhere in sight.

Even though were not supposed to respond to posts in this thread congrats anyways :beer: .

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Gotta' love 3 day weekends!   I teed it up this morning at Stone Canyon: 73.2cr and 141 slope

I am still trying to change my ball flight "on the fly" and today was a complete disaster!!

44-41=85

4 Penalties!

7/13 Fairways

7 greens

31 putts

I'm still trying to play the ball more forward with an open stance with my irons too, and my ball contact is terrible.   I can't seem to move the bottom of my arc forward!  LOL ....oh well.  On the rare chance I do hit a nice drive, I can't seem to hit any of my irons well except for my wedges. I haven't changed my wedge ball position....every other iron strike is a tad bit off the toe and a little heavy.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

83 ESC 82 front 40 back 43 rated 73.4 slope 139 indexed 7.0

1 birdie

8 pars

7 bogeys

1 D bogey :no:

1 T bogey :mad:

7/14 FIR

11/18 GIR

38 Putts

2 penalty :pound:

Well I have not been playing very much lately maybe 3 times the past 4 weeks so I wasn't expecting a lot of good things, Overall I really didn't play terrible I think if I could have just avoided 2 or 3 mistakes and my round would have been in the 70's. I know the total putt count looks high but the greens I play are not easy and I'm not a very good putter right now but I just don't think it's the only reason I'm having a hard time breaking 80 here lately, I think if I would have drove the ball a little better especially the first hole I caught the thing right on the neck and it barely went 50 yards.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Santa Anita Blues: 7 holes. Doubled the first and bogey on the rest. Not bad since it's 100 F and I stupidly decided to walk.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

108. I've been playing cheap beat up courses but decided to play a 18 round twilight priced nice course. It didn't help my score but it was really nice to play on a good course although the greens took some getting used to. I am already looking to get back out there I felt my tee shots were pretty good today.

47/42-89

Tough couple holes in the front 9 but had a solid back nine.  I could have shot even better on the back nine but made a few bad choices

Finally had a dry day for a round, still wet under foot, no run all carry, but the umbrella stayed in the bag. had 38 front nine, putter was hot,43 back nine, missed a few makeable 6 footers, but overall 81 very pleasing, Looking forward to Tuesday game if we have dry weather the next couple days, August rainfall my district was 375mm or 15 inches.

* In My Ping DLX Bag *

Ping G25 driver 12.5 deg

Ping G25 Fairway 16.5 deg

Ping Rapture 2 Iron 18 deg (Alternet 20deg Mizuno Fli-Hi Hybrid)

Ping I 20 Hybrid 20 deg      (Alternet 23 deg Mizuno Fli-Hi Hybrid)

Ping G25 Irons 4-UW

Ping Tour Wedge SS 52 deg

Guerin Rife Barbados Putter (Alternet Odyssey White Ice 6 355g)

Preferred Ball Srixon Z Star.

Saturday,

Moss Creek Golf Course, Clayton, OH

52-52-104

Bizarre round. I hit my driver better than I may have ever. Nothing super long, but either in the fairway or just barely off it. Kept the same ball all round long. Irons were poor and putting was a catastrophe. The funny thing was that the greens were so poor that I more or less mentally checked out on them. Usually a three-putt gets me mad. With the green-brown lunar landscape that passed for greens, I'd just putt out and move on to the next tee. I was actually stunned with I totaled it all up afterwards.

It is a real shame This course has a really solid layout and the damage to the greens makes it almost unplayable.

Going out tomorrow morning for 9 holes before lunch. I'm predicting a +5 40, not bad, not great. I went to the range today for about 30 mins and felt as good as I've ever felt, which means I'm going to play terribly. Maybe I should've gone with 45, but 40 it is.

41, I was pretty close! An OOB tee shot on hole 6 was the only real awful shot I had today - I teed off with a hybrid and just launched it sideways off the toe. I made a double bogey on it which is pretty solid considering the circumstances. I had a couple good looks for birdie but I couldn't knock any of them down.

-Rich

LPGA international. 6664 yards. 72.8 / 141. 78, and lost money to the same 4-hcp buddy that I beat on Friday. :~( Still, that's a LOT of golf course for me, and I continue to be pleased with my overall play.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I was up a little too late last night and turned off the alarm this morning and decided to sleep in and stay rested because I always bowl with my son in the afternoons on the weekend.   We only bowled 10 games each (usually 15 or more) so I decided to play golf this evening.  I can't hit anything solid right now except for my wedges!   I hacked all around the course today and carded a 42 at stone canyon with only 13 putts!!!!   I tried to move the ball back to my normal setup, and now I'm still hacking!!  LOL....now my golf game is in a pickle.

Im bowling better than I play golf right now!  LOL........ I rolled a 10 game set and averaged a 205 today.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

43/48,91 at Crescent Oaks Golf Club in Tarpon Springs, FL.......was playing well, until the 12-15 holes where I ran out of gas, fighting 95+ degree heat and a delinquent bev cart.

-3 32 on front and +12 47 on back of weird par 70 course I've never played. Rating was 1.2 under par so the 79 actually ticked my trend up a 10th. Weirdest day of golf I've ever played. Honestly I could have been -6 or so on the front I played that well. I missed a few birdie putts by miniscule distances, hanging on lip type stuff. Besides one long putt on a par 5 all the birdies I did make were tap in's. But all hell broke loose on the back and I played strangely, haven't made so many doubles since I started in 2012.

Dave :-)