IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

83. I was up near 90 the last few times out, so that's good for me, but I thought I would be much happier - only three over through 9.  :(

Brookside Course 1 Whites (6374 yards for 18) Front 9: 44 (practice)

My short game is coming back together.

Only one 3 putt on a par 3 (167 yards) that I hit within 8 feet off the tee. :doh:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 73. Unrated par 71 that I give a CR of 65.

Made three bogeys and one birdie.

Made nice "comfortable bogeys" on the first two holes after failing to get up and down for par from a couple of feet off of each green. :doh:

After that less than desirable start I hit the ball quite a bit better than I have in several years considering there were very strong winds throughout the round.

Hit 14 greens. Missed two by a couple of feet, one pushed 20 yards right on a par 3 (where I chickened out on my swing because of the lake on the left), and one where I hit a wedge 5 yards over the green when I misjudged the wind.

With those conditions I'll take that ball striking any day (if only I could). ;-)

Too bad golf can't always be like that because it was a lot of fun.

Stone Canyon:  73.2CR 141 slope tees.....par72...........37-41=78

I left the course wanting to explode...............the last 4 holes got me again. 2 penalties cost me 4 strokes down the home stretch yet once again..................AAAARRRHGGG!

# @^^#$%&!!!!!!!!! !

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Well today I have a huge smile on my face as yesterday's round was the first time I hit under 90, it was my 8th full round of golf and I hit 87. Well and truly have the golfing bug now!! My goal was to start breaking 90 by next spring, so I am 7 months ahead of schedule. new to this forum and looking forward to gaining some tips and advice from you guys along the way. First bit of advice needed is...which golf ball to use? I tend to have a better round with a hard ball as apposed to soft. Any ideas on the best ball that would suit?

43-37=80 @ River Forest CC , Freeport, PA

2 birdies on the back 9

Played a better ball match with friends, gave 9 & 10 strokes to the opponents and 11 strokes to my partner. Lost on the 18th green.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Kind of ham & egg'd my way around today. Didn't hit a lot of greens but scrambled pretty well on my way to 76. A consistent two club wind came up today on the back 9 so that posed some interesting new challenges.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Shot a 48 yesterday at Riverview Highlands - Blue Nine.  Hit my tee shot on #1 OOB!  Recovered to save double bogey.  Up and down the rest of the round with two pars and a birdie among several bogies and doubles.

On a side note, I really do enjoy playing nine holes lately.  I am going to try this more often next season.

The weather this weekend was perfect here in Michigan, I am hoping it continues and I can get out into November this year.

- Mark

50/39 today. This shit is getting old, fast!

Switched it up today and went 38/47. SMH

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Sunday,

Miami Shores GC, Troy OH

54-43-97

I normally figure 90 is a reasonable target on this course. If not for a massive blowup hole, that's about what I would have had. No. 7 is a 160-yard par 3 at the back of the property. A forest runs down the left side and I jacked three straight tee shots into it. Desperate, I pulled a 3-hybrid and took a half swing that still darn near went OB. By the time the smoke cleared, it was an 11. After choking back the disappointment, I soldiered on and actually had a decent back nine. A 15-foot putt for a par-save started a string of three-straight pars on 15-17. That saved me from the indignity of a triple-digit score.

One last round last Friday.  Bad stats, but scrambling pretty well - gotta be happy with the score considering FH and GIR stats......  Pulling shots left a lot by end of day.  Seem to be fond of sand, but I was hitting my sand shots well, so that was fun.  Really wasted a lot of birdie chances.  Every one of my GIRs gave me putts within 8 feet - missed them ALL.

Clubs are put in the basement and I'm going to rehab my elbow and be ready for next year.  By the back nine I had a lot of pain.  Strangely Saturday all day it felt great.  Considering upgrading my irons and my wedges too just because gear is fun.

Bill - 

My last 5 rounds have been 81, 78, 77, 82, and 80, on three different courses. Pretty happy with the consistency. New putting grip seems be helping. Don't see many pulled putts anymore.

The 82 was on the Wolf Creek up in Mesquite, NV. It was small, one round tournament where we kept each other's scores. "Wolf" is what I call a tricked up, just for fun course.I finished 12th out of 21 entries. Winner shot a 72.

http://www.mesquitegolfcourses.com/wolf_creek_golf_club.htm

I am driving the ball about 240 now, with more accuracy. Next goal is to get my hdcp below 10. Cooler weather will put a squeeze on that for a while. :whistle:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Saxon GC - 38-35=73.  3 bogies, 2 birdies, 13 pars.  Played solo in 2 hours 35 minutes. Started on the back nine to avoid golfers on the front. Memorable day where I played in more leaves than ever before and did NOT lose any balls. By the time I got to the front, the leaves had been blown to the sides. Hit 10 of 15 fairways, 12 greens in regulations, but the most frustrating part of the day was my 3 putt on hole #5.  A two-putt here would have meant an even par round. :doh:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Wednesday,

Community GC (Dales Course), Dayton, OH

44-49-95

Work was dead, so I went out before the cold really sets in this weekend.

Maybe taking a break wouldn't be that bad an idea, cause I'm slumping. Since I'm not that good to start with, it's a bit difficult to tell, but the last four rounds have been worse that what I was doing just a month or two ago. It's nothing in particular. It seems that concentration lapses are coming at the worst moments. I hit several really decent shots on this day, but a handful of bad mishits really killed me. A triple on No. 9 really started me stewing. No.  13 was another triple after I hit by approach shot to the back edge of a bunker and couldn't get by wedge under the ball. Also missed two bunny putts.

Blah.

Brookside Course 1 (6700 yards) Back 9: 43 (practice round because of sore shoulder)

Getting back my swing, finger injury is mostly healed. Just have a little shoulder strain leftover from an aggressive Sunday evening range session.

Swinging with what feels like 60%, but probably close to my maximum. Need to control this tempo, because it seems to really work well for me. Sans injury, I will need to re-establish it. It's nice to be able to recover from bad tee shots with a semblance of looking like I'm actually golfing.

Best hole was a 510 yard par 5, driver/hybrid into the green side bunker. I flushed both shots, almost missed a birdie. Worst hole was probably my first hole which went like driver/9i/9i/9i/putt. Driver pulled into the next fairway then hit a tree and bounced back. 9i to get it out, 9i to layup the "water", 9i onto the green with a bit more than a half swing, and a lucky 25 foot putt. The rest were good bogeys. My virtually brand new ProV1x (codenamed: KTLA-Bob) suffered minor injuries from hitting a cart path, probably good for a few more 18 hole rounds.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano