IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

88 at the home course this afternoon.

continued the theme of good start (par) and crap (triple, double) before finding some kind of rhythm.

The Good: hit 8 GIR, made 7 pars and a birdie

The Meh: four fairways hit, 11 misses to the RH (better than the pull/hook than a few days back), 35 putts

The Suck: 3 Three-putts, two balls OB (and awful OB, like toeing a hybrid dead right on a 75 degree angle...twice), bad course management on three holes....trying to get out of trouble in the trees by attempting a "miracle shot" instead of just punching into the fairway and taking medicine.

overall, a better day than Saturday last, with an eight shot improvement. the "miss" changed from pull to block, though only a few yards right as to opposed to the crushing pull/left/OB. by feel, it was more getting lazy with not releasing hands that lead to a number of balls going right. hopefully i can get out on Wednesday to put a complete round together.

82.Β  A pretty crappy 44 on the front 9 followed by a 38 on the back 9.Β  Always enjoy it more when the scores get better (instead of worse) as the round progresses.

Oh, and 82 is pretty good for me!

80, twice. 39/41, and 40/40. Finished my first round, and as I walking to my car, some friends showed up to play their round. I turned around, and went with them.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

83 at the home course yesterday.

had a great start w/ bogey/birdie/bogey/par and scrambled all day like a mo/fo.

The Good: hit 8 fairways, had six pars + a birdie, no balls OB or wet, read putts really well

The Meh: four GIR, 28 putts (a result of a lot of missed greens and some lucky bounces), a three putt

The Suck: not a whole lot to complain about...had two birdie putts lip out, distances w/ irons seemed to be short by about a club (not sure what's up with that), topped two drives, chunked and/or bladed three pitches.

tied my best round ever scoring-wise. played in shorts at the end of January in 70 degree weather. one of the guys i played with (86 years old and damn near shot his age) told me i had "...a single digit swing..." - one of the best compliments i've ever got on the course. overall, a great day.

I have a new excitement forΒ the game of golfΒ in 2015 because I changed courses and went "Back Home" to the Golf Club where I was most happy.Β  After not touching a club since October and playing 9 twice a week ago, I played my first 18 last Saturday.

Drumm Farm Golf Club: Par72Β  6564yds....72.5CR 137slope

44-42=86

Temps were in the low 50s with a brisk biting wind.....

My game is a completeΒ mess!!!!!! LOL

Fairways: 4/14

Greens: 6

Putts: 33

Penalties 2

Birdies.......................0

It sure feels good to be back home though ;-)

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Hi guys new to here i live in Ireland i play at a beautiful parkland golf course called Tramore its on the south east coast played saturday it was windy and cold I play off 21 I had 8 pars and ten bogeys I was buzzing after the round I have been working on my swing for the last few weeks on the local driving and all the hard work paid off saturday

Both are practice rounds.

Sunday, Altadena Blues: 41

Hole 1: Nice drive past 20-30 yards past the 200 marker. 5i shanked 20 yards short of the green, pitched and 2 putt. bogey

Hole 2: 5i off the tee, bounced off the top of the tree 20 yards short again. pitched and 2 putt. bogey

Hole 3: Thinned my tee shot about 220, 52 degree into the bunker, 2 out and 2 putt. double

Hole 4: Pushed my 7i far left. pitched and 2 putt. bogey

Hole 5: Pulled a drive into the driving range fence, but it somehow spun over the bunker into the fairway. 6i just short of the green. chipped and 2 put par.

Hole 6: Crowned the driver into the bunker. PW out of the bunker right of the green pin high. putt on. putt par.

Hole 7: Drove into the left tree. 6i just past the back pin. putt on and putt par.

Hole 8: Drove 20 yards short of the green (drive of the day), chipped and just missed my birdie. Tap in par.

Hole 9: Drove 70 yards short of the 200 yard marker. 3W (first time I pulled it out for a long time) left pin high in deep rough. Pitched out of the knee deep rough into ankle deep rough. I'll stop and mention that my new swing is really strong now. I hit my 60 out of the rough onto the green taking about 2-3 pounds of grass with it just off the green. 2 putt bogey, but that shot from the rough felt really good!

Morning, Brookside Course 1 Blues (6800 yard tees): 44

Hole 10: was a rushed tee shot and I decided to take the drive again (3 off the tee), thinned my hybrid and it bounced into the ditch and back out again onto the green. putt for bogey.

Hole 11: pulled the tee shot close to the distance of middle of the pond to the right. Hybrid hooked pin high on the tee box on hole 2. 60 over the trees onto the edge of the green. chipped and 2 putt bogey.

Hole 12: Pulled my shot to the right of the hump. It must have rolled a long way to get there. Hybrid off a pine tree to the middle of the fairway on 13. 60 to just off the green (that shot felt really nice). putt on and putt for bogey.

Hole 13: 5i from near the back tee right into the bunker. The flight was perfect. It was on its way right onto the green and it ticked that little branch on the blocking oak tree on the left. Pitched out and putt for par.

Hole 14: Drove to the hump and bounced off the left hump into the middle of the fairway 60-80 yards short of the tee box area of 2. 52 degree setup in the front of my stance into the bunker. pitched out and 2 putt for bogey.

Hole 15: Drove right into the giant pine tree on the left, the ball ricocheted into the rough are for a good shot to the green. Pulled out my 3W again. I nailed that shot. I hit the cart that was parked on the side, and the golfer took my ball. Serves me right, but I didn't think I would reach given how I was hitting my 3W. Dropped from where it hit the cart. Chipped and put for "birdie". IDK how to really score that one if I were actually playing.

Hole 16: Pushed my shot to the last tree on the left just past the bunker. 9i fade attempt. Went straight. Chip and 2 putt bogey.

Hole 17: Hit the maintenance vehicle parked in front of the right bunker. Chipped and 2 putt bogey.

Hole 18: Drove right into the tree above the electrical box and rolled back onto the cart path. Hit a pine tree. Hit another one. 7i from 160 to the green, which must have hit something because it rolled off into the cart storage shed. 60 from the cement floor of the storage shed to the green. 2 putt for a triple.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I got back from Maui a few weeks ago (the last time i played and the first time to the Islands). I played the Plantation course and shot a 93 form the blues. I left a few to many shots out there that day because of the scenery and just the overall " Holy CRAP I am actually playing on a PGA course!. I birdied the 12th and that was my highlight of the day. A few days later i played the Royal Kaanapali and shot a 95. Really nice course but the wind was pretty bad that day but very nice none the less.

Taylor Made R1 10.5 Rip Phenom Reg Flex Shaft

Taylor Made 09 Burner 3 wood stock shaft (stiff)

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour Hybrid Kurokage stock reg flex shaft

Nike VR_S Forged Irons 4-AW Nippon 950 GH HT stock reg flex shaft

Cleveland 588 RTX 56 deg wedge

Titleist 60 deg wedge

Odysee Versa Sabertooth Putter

...set my personal speed record for playing 18 too... 1:46.Β  Walking.Β  (OK, I jogged down the fairway on a few holes.)

Nearly perfect day. Cold enough to keep the crowds away (below 40F) but sunny and not too much wind.

I could have played better though. Should have been 2-3 shots lower based on putting, I hit three trees (sorry trees), and two penalties.

Brookside Course 1 (74.8/134 7228 yard tees): 45 front 9, 2 bogeys and 1 par on the back Holes 10, 11, 15.

Hole 1: Hit a low burner to within 80 yards, missed the green, putt uphill putt in. par

Hole 2: Hit short of the bunker, 6i right of the bunker on the cart path, chipped behind the pin, chipped near, putt.Β  bogey

Hole 3: Pulled my drive into the first tree on the right, PW out, 3W to near the green in the wood chips on the left, chipped out of the chips, chipped on and putt. double

Hole 4: Drove into an oak tree on the right over the hump. 6i hooked to the front of the green, chip, 2 putt. bogey

Hole 5: Drove almost the distance of the green just past the electrical box on the left of the green left of the cart path. chipped past the hole, chipped out of wood chips back onto the green, putt. par

Hole 6: Pulled my drive short, right between the bunker and the ladies tee box. 3W into the water, 7i drop to pin high. chip and putt. double

Hole 7: Pulled a drive into the left bunker, hit hybrid into the tee box on 2, pitched onto the green and it rolled to the pin. putt. par

Hole 8: Hybrid into the water, 60 degree drop to the green just missing it, chipped right next to the pin, putt. double

Hole 9: Drove deep into the fairway on 10, 7i knockdown to the front of the green, chipped past the pin. 80 foot lag putt and a real fight for bogey

Hole 10: Drove to the far edge of the right bunker took a drop out of the GUR, 7i to 18th ladies tee box. 60 degree to the tee box on 12, flop shot to the green, lucky 10 foot putt. bogey

Hole 11: Drove to 15th fairway rough almost the distance of the green on 8. Hybrid took a notch out of a tree. 4i 20 yards short of the green, chip on, 2 putt. bogey

Hole 15: Drove into the large pine tree on the left again. Rolled a 3W shot to 60 yards. 60 to the front of the green, chipped past the pin chipped in, par. Ended the day with this par.

The gold tees are really, but I could get used to playing them for the exercise. It's a really substantial workout playing from 7228 yards. . .So, I ended up playing them again because I got stuck behind some guys who played them, and they really didn't belong there. I would have had to wait for two/three shots from each golfer before playing if I played from the Blue or white tees. Even I feel like I belong on the white tees with the one exception of my super long drive on 5, which was aided by the fact that the ball rolled something like 30-40 yards on the cart path and hard pan.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Brookside Course 1 Blues (6800): IDK if I can score it, not declared a practice round, but played all over the place?

Hole 10: Hit a drive deep into the right, rolled on the cart path to the wood chipped area. 7i hit the tree blocking the green going back into the ditch, put my cart in front of the green and chipped out of the wood chip area. The DG (delusional golfer), hit three balls towards the green immediately after I walk down the ditch to hit out. I make my bogey.

Hole 11: Drive into the protection fence guarding the green on 8. Hit a PW into the fence again, hit a tree with same club. DG decides to drive. Luckily he drives only 200 yards or so. I finally hit one near the electrical box. DG in the meantime hit another ball towards me, but short of my initial drive and even the most backwards bounced shot I made. 4th shot 7i onto the green. 2 putt for double.

Hole 12: Hit deep to the bump on the right. waited for some ladies on the approach to the green. The took about 4 shots each to reach these greens. DG gets a little antsy on the tee box. I think he hit a drive or two? I pick up my ball and walk to the tee box on 14.

Hole 14: Drive almost to the left bunker over the hump on the left. Wait for some golfers who look a little concerned. So, I loop back to 12 again.

Hole 12 second time Hit 4 drives roughly the same distance (10-15 yards shorter than my previous time on the hole), hit a 3W to try to reach the green. I hit a pole on the fence on the left. PW to the green. 3 putts for a "double". I have no idea which ball I used as my first and fourth ones were right next to each other.

Hole 13: Shank my 5i just short of the bunker, chipped on and put for par.

Hole 14: Hooked my drive low (10 yard flight) about 30 yards past the 150 line. PW to the front fringe. Chipped and 2 putt bogey.

Hole 15: Hooked my drive low, but higher than the last one past the street intersection on the right. (First time ins a while I didn't hit that pine tree on the left). 3W turns out to be too much club, but luckily I hit on the heel. Ended up next to the tee box on 9, near the distance of the green. PW to the Oak tree. Chipped and putt par.

Hole 16: Saw DG 30 yards past the left bunker. Drive just short of the bunker on the left in some GUR junk. It saved me from going in. Hit my 8i near the green. Chipped high, 2 putt bogey. I talked to one of the groundsmen who said I need to hit it as if it were a $1000 shot. Tried the same putt that I missed for par, and on the second try lipped out. That was really good advice.

Hole 17: Met up with DG, and I shank my 6i just short of the green on the right. He says that the best drive he had today was 325 yards. He also said he hit his 7i past the bunker on the fringe. I'm walking up and I notice him dropping a ball on the fringe. I chip just past the hole leaving a 5 footer. He putts near the hole just missing his ""birdie"".

Hole 18: DG parts ways with me stating he doesn't have time to finish the round. I drive one up the middle. It was a "fade/low burner" drive. It only went 230-240? 3i shanked onto a pebble bag on the right. Takes me 5 minutes to find it. Hit my 8i off the bag dinging up my 8i. 60 degree up the green just past the pin. Chip back on and 2 putt for my triple.

So, I learned two things from today's round. Don't play with a delusional golfer behind you. The second is to take my time with every putt as if it were the most important shot of my life.

I also have no idea hot to enter this round into my HC calculation?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Drumm Farm Golf Club: par72Β  72.5CR 137slopeΒ Β  AΒ great day in KC today.....sunny/60s!!Β  My 2nd 18hole round since hanging up the clubs last October......

Front 9:Β  Very sloppy!Β  Most shots were marginal fat shots and my clubhead speed is way down.Β  The course is very wet and played LONG!!Β  I somehow kept the ball in play and knocked it around the lot and scored a 41.

Back 9:Β  More of the same..... I was +4 through 3 holes, but then started clicking.Β  I started nipping the irons cleaner and driving longer and straighter and made a few putts!!!Β Β  I played the final 6 holes in at -2 and scored a 38.

With all things considered, I am pretty happy with breaking 80 today.Β  I've been hanging back and not transferring my weight and driving through the ball at impact causing marginal/fat strikes with my irons and weak drives.Β Β  I started firing through the ball betterΒ and the results were crisp contact with irons and longer straighter drives on the home stretch.Β Β Β  I still got it.........I need some more reps to knock off the rust....

THANK GOD I don't chip/pitch as bad as Tiger right now!!!Β Β  Hahahahahaha

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

86. Pretty happy with the round other than a 9 on #9. http://www.gamegolf.com/player/tristanhilton85/round/187300

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment:Β 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5Β°) Β· PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15Β° and 21Β°)Β Β· PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22Β°, 25Β°, and 28Β°) Β· PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) Β·Β Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50Β°, 55Β°, 60Β°) Β·Β Edel Classic BladeΒ Putter (32") Β· Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour Β· Pinned Prism RangefinderΒ Β· Star Grips Β· Flightscope Mevo Β· TRUE Linkswear Shoes Β·Β Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
AnalyzrΒ Pro

I haven't played in 3 weeks so my ball striking was a little inconsistent. However, I have been working on my putting every day in my office. I bought one of those putting machines that kick the ball back to you. Best $2 I ever spent at a rummage sale. I shot a 75 with 2 double bogeys, 5 bogeys, 5 pars, 6 birdies (a new record for me in one round). I have really improved my putting.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Finally had a round I'm willing to post. Β I shot a 4 over 36 at Balboa Park 9 hole, par 32, USGA rating 30.5.

3 pars, 1 birdie, 5 bogies, 14 puts, 1 GIR, 5 NGIR.

Highlights:

A 250 yard drive slightly downhill to the middle of the fairway on the 400 yard par 4 (I normally hit my driver about 210).

A 130 yard 8 iron out of a fairway bunker to 10 feet from the green.

I've set a goal of breaking 40 on this course, I've got to 40 several times. Β Finally broke 40, shattered it.

Played 18 holes at our local Municipal course. Β Greens are small and not very good. Β But it is just a mile from my house so it is convenient to play especially while learning to play. Β I have only been playing about 4 months. Β Great weather for Jan. (except for the wind). Β Shot 107 just an average round for me. Β  My goal is to break 100 before summer April. Β My driving was off as I was slicing the ball pretty bad, and I usually hit straight or a draw. Β Not sure why I starting slicing. Β Putting was so-so only had 1 3 putt.

Hit my irons better than I ever had (but that is not saying much :-) , chipping was pretty good, if I can get my short game better I think I can hit my goal. Β evolvr lessons have helped.