IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

95 on local par 65 course. It is an extremely tight and hilly course but it was typical Ongle inconsistencies! 2 Pars 9 Bogies 3 DB Had 11 putts for par or better though and although only converted 2, feel I putted pretty well generally, but 3 putted 5 times for 37 total so obviously wasn't that good! Played on my own and felt I went downhill once I'd caught up a fourball who were so slow and not very good (says I!). They wouldn't wave me through and last 4-5 holes was waiting around and my own game fell away a fair bit. Overall wasn't unhappy with it as was persevering with swing changes and I must have had every bad, horrible lie you've ever seen.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

Posted Images

Siren National, Siren, WI

An amazing little gem of a course - not long, but in GREAT condition and layed out in an amazing manner

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

100! That's my lowest score ever. Played at Wyandotte Shores ( 9 hole twice). For next week if I can clean up the two penalty shots, a snowman on 8 and three 3-putts I think I can shoot for a 95. That was my goal this summer. Under 100 and less than a sleeve lost per round. ;)

Played in our alternate shot twilight league tonight.

Won 6.5-2.5

We won 5 of the first six holes and tied the last three holes.  Only lost one hole and that was with a three putt.

Starting to play really well.

I've been in golf-hibernation as of late.   I've been playing well, but my last 3-4 rounds were mediocre so I had no expectations for today............  I've been out a few evenings 'here-and-there' to play a few holes, but this is my first complete round in about 2 weeks or so!!

Par72 Course:  72.5CR 137 Slope...6,564yds

34-36=70 ! (-2.1 Diff)  Hahaha....oh hell yes, I still got it!!

11/14 Fairways

12 GIR

28 Putts

6 Birdies!.....that don't SUKK!

I had 2 penalties today!  One resulted in a miraculous bogey save.  The other?...not so much!!

WHATTA' GAME....It's funny how even after a great round, we golfers think about the strokes we throw away!!  I had 1 major disaster today.  The 16th hole is a short 320 yard par4.  The hole is very tight with trouble both left and right so accuracy is a must. Bunt something out there 200-220yds into the fairway and it's a wedge shot approach/birdie opportunity!  The hole was playing into the wind today so I chose 5-wood.  Result: perfect drive right down the middle.......   The pin was all the way back and I had 104yds to the stick.  I was playing well and wanted to stuff it tight.   I didn't think I could get my 56deg wedge to the cup into the wind, so opted for a little sawed-off 3/4 gap wedge.........................SHANK......into the ditch fronting the green!!   AAAAHHRRGG!!!  What??.....Double Bogey was the result!!   hahahaha....golf!

First, the Good News: Over 9 holes..... hit 7 fairways, and on the Par 3s, hit one Green and parred the other. You can already see where the bad news is coming from. Had 3 pars, One DB, and five bogeys for a 43. Approach shots, chipping, and putting were generally horrendous. Four-putted one green just to keep from three putting, I guess. It's never all there on the same day. I've been saying, "If I could just hit some fairways......"

41-44-45=130 +22 for 27 holes... First 18 I hit 9/18 GIR... I hit it really well today I just couldn't make a damned putt to save my life... How do you shoot 85 with 9 GIR, oh, make a couple doubles on the back, have 3 3-putts, a penalty shot (great bogey save on 4)... 7 pars, 9 bogeys, and 2 doubles... 2 3-putt bogeys and 1 3-putt double... and I just shot 36 yesterday what the hell?

I've been playing speedgolf lately.

Monday 44 (+9) in 34 minutes

Last week two rounds of speedgolf

42 (+7) in 35 minutes

45 (+10) in 33 minutes

Need to get in better shape to run faster and hit better shots :)

Oddly but indirectly, it was. I was ran over by a runaway golf cart just prior to starting a tournament. Ruptured bicep hanging on the front bumper trying to stay out from under the wheels. Heavy dew, wet grass and the when passenger of a cart stepped into his cart, his left foot slipped on the floor mat and became wedged between the accelerator and the brake pedal. By the time he got stopped he had run over me and two other golfers. A week later surgery to repair the damage and only very limited use of left arm for almost 3 months. Two weeks ago my surgeon released me return to two-handed golf. I was surprised how proficient a person can became playing one-handed with 2 1/2 months of practice. Actually almost attained the same handicap I had prior to injury. It was fun while it lasted.

I had a random great round (for me). I was 3 over after 17 but then managed to double bogey the last hole. I've been experimenting with some pre-shot routine waggles to get myself to hold the club lightly make a loose swing and it seems to be working. Focusing on having a loose and smooth full swing seems to bleed over into my short game resulting in smooth putts and pitches.

39-37 for another 76. Started slowly. Thought I'd work on my flop shot on one par 4. Nice drive left me 40 yards to a pin only a couple of paces on the green. Four flops later I one putted for a six. :~( There was a tournament earlier in the day and the pin placements were diabolical. In 30+ years of playing I saw some pin placements I had never seen. I missed two putts inside 2 feet due to nasty breaks. I had a 5 foot downhill putt that I needed to barely nudge to get it going. At least I had a uphill putt when I missed. I did have 3 tap in birdies.