IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Another UGH day yesterday, 40-39-79.  Last two rounds at SGCC have been ho-hum.  Hit some really good shots and then follow up with a few head scratcher shots, no birdies for two consecutive rounds. 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

39-39-78 Same as last two rounds, no birdies again.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Had my best 9 ever yesterday. Only started playing midway through last summer and only broke 100 a couple times and rarely broke 50 when I played 9. Well yesterday was my 4th time out this year and first time keeping score I shot a 39 with a birdie 4 bogeys and 4 pars. Just was hitting fairways, my driver was consistently straight at 250+ (ground is really soggy so getting 0 roll out on shots) and I think I had 5 GIR which felt great. Something clicked during the down time this winter and my iron play has been night and day compared to last year mostly because I realized my irons were too long and I needed to choke up about 2" and my stance was too spread out making my club come in really shallow so I just moved my feet closer together choked up and all of a sudden I'm puring my irons 80% of the time. I'm still prone to the wild shank every now and again but I'm hooked I intend on playing every day I can till the snow hits next winter. I'm hoping by the end of the summer I will be consistently in the 80s and maybe even have a couple rounds in the 70s.

Went out yesterday and played 9 and shot 38 (4 over). The big issue right now is tempo, but some of that should fix itself as my back heals from a lower trap strain.

Austin Sachs - Mid-level Amateur in the Eastern United States

WITB: Titleist 915 D3, Cleveland 588 3 Wood, Nike Covert Tour Hybrid, Mizuno MP-4 4-PW, Mizuno MP-T4 52, 56, 60 degree, Taylormade White Smoke Putter

Godaaammmit.................

I only shot 75 last weekend.    haha....weird stuff!   I am playing weirdly/well.......early 2016!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Um....117 and that's an improvement since I had taken time off over holidays before playing again recently. First round in a few weeks. Shot 54 on back nine. Need to practice but who has the time. Haha. 

40-42 for a total round of 82 at The Country Club at Soboba Springs. 9 pars 8 bogies and a double. Drove the ball well but putts were just not falling. Finished the round with 34 puts. 

Edited by Steemo

92, +10 on both sides.

1 triple, 5 doubles, 7 bogies and 5 pars only.  Very disappointing although I started the round with 3 doubles in a row.  At least I kept the quads plus off the card.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Had a 6.5 differential at Green Oaks Golf Course, the muni in the town next to ours.  First time in 2016 I have played a course where the fairways/rough were not a soggy, muddy mess.  The course was not fast & firm but at least every shot did not plug.  One birdie, one double, lots of pars.

Brian Kuehn

Shot 3 over 39 after 9 today, finished a 40 ball practice session with the practice plan from my instructor which took about a half hour and then played. Was 36 degrees and so windy that the cold was playing a good 2 1/2 clubs short. 

Had a 3 over first hole after hooking my drive behind a tree and putting my 3rd shot into a bunker then 3 putting............ 

After that i tried to get back to focusing and not having my "f*ck it" attitude and I played really solid and had a par birdie par to put me back to 2 over where I stayed until 9 which I bogeyed. yikes. The cold really threw me off as I was not used to teeing off a 4 iron at 175 yard or 3's..

Really excited to have found an instructor that isn't teaching me some crazy weird backswing or trying to force me to change the tempo of my swing.

46 + 50= 96. Very proud of my front 9! Got off to a rocky start on the first couple holes but managed to recover from all the poor shots early. Pretty good day with the putter. Tee shots killed me today, but got paired up with a pretty cool dude from Chicago and had a great time. Hopefully next week is better score wise cus Im playing with co workers.

I played a really bad round yesterday.  

1st hole: par. 

2nd hole: triple bogey.  Par 3, yanked my tee shot into a sand bunker, skulled my bunker shot over the green into a grass bunker, chipped short, chipped on, 2 putts for triple bogey. 

3rd hole: par

4th hole: Quadruple bogey.   Hit my tee shot long and straight, had a gap wedge to the green, skulled it into the woods in back of the green, took 2 shots getting out of the woods, chipped onto the green, 3-putted for quadruple bogey. 

That's the way it went.  On the back 9, two of us played Captain's Choice against another guy, 2 against 1, and we 2 made a 36 between us.  

Not today but a couple days ago. First round of the year and first in three months. 

Shot an 89 

I'm happy with that score for my first round of the year. Putting was a lot better as far as striking it better but my reads were way off. Pitching and chipping started shaky but came around and I was very pleased. Off the tee I was more accurate than ever (still only hit 44 percent of fairways but the misses were far better)

looking forward to the rest of the year 

"What did I shoot today" - you ask

Today I shot 50

50 rounds of target ammo through my Smith & Wesson 9mm Shield at 7 yards.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 9wood said:

"What did I shoot today" - you ask

Today I shot 50

50 rounds of target ammo through my Smith & Wesson 9mm Shield at 7 yards.

LOL!! Greatness! Need to hit the range myself. :)

Glorious day on the course.  It got up to 60 degrees and the course was dry enough to allow a bit of bounce/roll on tee shots.  Shot a 6.5 differential and was "in the zone" except for some erratic putting on bumpy greens.  I hit some great shots (for me).  Gimmee another beer!

Brian Kuehn