IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

77 today, funny thing is I hit the driver really well and contact was solid. I had been fighting a little pull the past couple months and got use to playing for it. Practiced this week and start lines got a lot better but was tough to trust it. All my approach shots were erring a little right of where I wanted and it was enough to have me miss a good amount of greens. Mix in some bad club selection and a crappy short game day and that was my round today 😑

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, mvmac said:

All my approach shots were erring a little right of where I wanted

So when this happened (2-3?) times did you continue to apply your swing and just didn’t get the result you wanted? Or did you try to play the shot hoping your compensation (playing more left) would put you on target? Does this question make sense?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

102. 48 on the front 9 and was on course to break 100 until I 4 putted from 8 feet on the 14th hole after a lovely drive and 2 flush iron shots. I was so angry with myself and fell apart for the next 3 holes.

68 today, two eagles, three birdies and three bogeys. Two of them were 3-putts.

Crazy game. Great weekend off the tee, hitting it hard and taking out the left side.

21 hours ago, Vinsk said:

So when this happened (2-3?) times did you continue to apply your swing and just didn’t get the result you wanted? Or did you try to play the shot hoping your compensation (playing more left) would put you on target? Does this question make sense?

I honestly wasn't sure if it was just something that day or if my swing was better . I just kept trying to apply my swing since it was working great off the tee and contact was solid.

I probably shouldn't have said all my approach shots were erring right, some of my other missed greens were online with my target and just bad club selection/missed calculated yardage. 

Mike McLoughlin

49 minutes ago, mvmac said:

68 today, two eagles, three birdies and three bogeys. Two of them were 3-putts.

Crazy game. Great weekend off the tee, hitting it hard and taking out the left side.

I honestly wasn't sure if it was just something that day or if my swing was better . I just kept trying to apply my swing since it was working great off the tee and contact was solid.

I probably shouldn't have said all my approach shots were erring right, some of my other missed greens were online with my target and just bad club selection/missed calculated yardage. 

68...Nice Mike!

That makes sense. I was asking because I know I’ve watched tournaments and seen a player erring to one side with a rather perplexed look. I’m thinking ...well hell just plan for it. But then I figure guys at that level and yours too of course probably feel they can straighten it out. But before you know it you’ve played 14 holes....I was just curious. Thanks. Great score though..damn putting...where the money is. (Lol).

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I’m thinking ...well hell just plan for it. But then I figure guys at that level and yours too of course probably feel they can straighten it out. But before you know it you’ve played 14 holes

Right, like I said my shot zone has shifted a little left the past a few months, so it's two months of "data" vs 14 holes. And obviously sometimes you don't know whether it's just a miss, an alignment issue or a new pattern.

Good news is I've stuck with my feels, start lines are straightening out and today I trusted it.

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

103 (49,54) on a 68.7 / 124.  Not bad for me.  I should have broken 100 for the first time but I 3 putted four holes on the back 9 and had 5 bad holes of triple or more (3 OB) .  Did hit 9 of 13 fairways. Very happy with that. Overall a pretty good day. 

I shot a 79 albeit from a shorter tee.  It has been raining and I didn't think I will hit long enough to enjoy my round.   This was my 1st round of 2019 and I am off to a very good start.   I plan to get my HI down to 11+ and I need rounds like this one to do it.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Starting off the New Year right!

1/2/19 - 76, 1/4/19 - 78, 1/5/19 - 79, 1/7/19 - 77.

Hope I can keep it up.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Shot a nice 80 on Sunday.  Didn't have time to get there early, just stepped onto the first tee.  3-putt double to start, then three more bogeys, one a 3-putt, to go +5 through 4.  Then +3 through last 14, hitting the ball great.  It was really cold so even lost a few shots choosing the wrong club for the conditions, coming up short twice and long twice hitting the shot I wanted, though I got two of those up and down.  Shot of the day though was this.  Two putted for birdie.

image.png

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

23 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

I shot a 79 albeit from a shorter tee.  It has been raining and I didn't think I will hit long enough to enjoy my round.   This was my 1st round of 2019 and I am off to a very good start.   I plan to get my HI down to 11+ and I need rounds like this one to do it.  

What difference a day makes!   Shot a 90 today albeit from longer tee.  Every part of my game was ho hum. 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

72 at Encinitas Ranch, one double and two birdies. Practice round for a team play match in a few weeks.

Mike McLoughlin

There is a "new" 9 hole course very near to my house.  It was rebuilt over the summer so I am just playing the course for only the second time.  Rather narrow fairways with a lot of bare desert and shallow traps all around.  Some water, but none of my round objects wanted a bath, though one ended up about a club length short.

Hit 55 on a par 36, 3,400 yard, 9 hole course. Longest 9 I have played all year and I would say I gave up 10 or so strokes to poor course planning by hitting shots that were played with the wrong club for the shot to be taken.  I usually played a club too short.  I have baked a lot of information for future play.  Hit only 2 GIR and both ended up as pars.  I had the rest as doubles for the most part. No snowmen but the grim reaper (7) did appear.

No penalties, no OB, but a somewhat odd play out of the deepest trap should have brought a round of laughter if I were not playing alone.  Tee shots were rather on line, so focus will be on hybrids.  Not sure they were awful, but I did not always get the distance I was looking for.

So all in all, about what I expected for the first round in just under 3 weeks; I have allowed for great room for growth.

gimmie.jpeg

• Like 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Yesterday I played my "easy" winter course.  75 (around a 9.1 differential).  A couple birdies and no doubles.  It was partly sunny, around 50 degrees and little wind.  The course was a quagmire with fuzzy greens but it felt great to be out there.  Right now it is 20 degrees, snowing and windy.  Sigh.  Clubs are going back into the basement.

Brian Kuehn

81/80 ESC. Terrible day for the par 5's. Triple bogey for the first par 5, double bogey's on all the rest of them. A couple more bogey's and doubles, but 3 birdies did help.

Friday will be better.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Played first game of the year Monday. Only front nine was open due to frost on the back and the front was very wet. Played from the blues and shot 46, played it again and shot 44. One birdie, one 3 putt, no errant drives with a new driver. Played to my cap, felt I should have scored better but a few fat shots and soggy bunkers didn't help my cause.

Played the Avi Resort (Mojave) course this morning down in Laughlin NV. 6900+ yards, 73/126 back tees. 

Played with a couple of youngsters that I am now friends with. I think they were in their late 30s, or early 40s..

Shot an 84. Shot of the day was a "very lucky" 50 yardish pitch shot for a bird. Also made a few nice putts. No 6s, but probably a few too mant 5s. 

Course was in great condition, and the weather was near perfect for golf. Walked off the last green with the low score of our trio. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Played Diamond Bar GC on 12/29. 

Played the front nine in 3+ hours... 52. Got to 10 tee box and looked over at 1 and saw it empty. Jumped over and played front 9 again. Shot 52 again. Hit 2 balls out of bounds. Did not strike the ball well. Did not putt well (at all). 

Playing the morning after my 1st lesson in a while was a REALLY bad idea, but it was 65F and bright and sunny and no wind and my family was out of town so I had all day to do it with no rush at all.... so I couldn't resist.

Back to practice!!!

Andy - Awful Golfer With Horrible Slice Hoping to find something resembling a correct golf swing in 2019 - Determined not to let my pursuit of better than awful get in the way of enjoying being out on a golf course

WITB:
Ping G400 LST / Orlimar 3W & 4H (circa 2012) / Cobra King F7 One Length Irons (5 - GW) / Top Flite Wedges 52* 56* 60* / Orlimar Putter

My Swing Page