IGNORED

USGA Pace of Play Survey

iacas
Note: This thread is 3113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I voted 25% more.  Overbooking seems like a big problem around here. From about April to October the courses offer really cheap prices and have tee times 6 minutes apart.  Doesn't take long to get backed up. 

10% more, but I play pretty fast on my own anyway. People usually let me pass.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I voted course condition and course layout as number 1 and 2.

Sometimes trees need to come down. When the course was built they looked at them and the approaches were reasonable. Now the these trees are mature and the approaches changed a lot. Keep the rough cut to a reasonable length and keep the underbrush cut down in the "woods". This assures people can find their balls in a reasonable period of time and are spending more time advancing the ball than looking for them.

Layout does affect play. Par 3s are a bottleneck. Putting them on the second hole is typically not a good idea.

I'd like a 3:45 - 4:00 round for a foursome walking with a course in very nice condition. A nice clubhouse with decent food and drinks inside.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Semi-private = public.

I disagree. I get a Select couple's rate (no golf before noon on Sat or Sun) for one year at our local semi-private course for $3,000. Playing at the course we have:

• A limited number of people from the club's housing development who have equity memberships.
  • About 100 couples with Premium or Select memberships; we can make tee time up to 2 weeks ahead of time. Plus, we can play space-available at other network clubs for $18 a round (with cart).
  • The general public, people who phone in and try to get an open tee time for a daily fee.  

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Now I'm on a list and voted to pay more for golf. :-P

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I disagree. I get a Select couple's rate (no golf before noon on Sat or Sun) for one year at our local semi-private course for $3,000. Playing at the course we have:

• A limited number of people from the club's housing development who have equity memberships.
  • About 100 couples with Premium or Select memberships; we can make tee time up to 2 weeks ahead of time. Plus, we can play space-available at other network clubs for $18 a round (with cart).
  • The general public, people who phone in and try to get an open tee time for a daily fee.  

You disagree??  How's that when your third bullet point says that playing at the club you have "THE GENERAL PUBLIC??"

Look, in the context of this thread, semi private is exactly the same as public because anybody has access versus only members have access on the other.

And semi private is a misnomer anyway - it should be "Public course to which you can pay more upfront to have unlimited playing privileges" or something along those lines. :)

You disagree??  How's that when your third bullet point says that playing at the club you have "THE GENERAL PUBLIC??"

Look, in the context of this thread, semi private is exactly the same as public because anybody has access versus only members have access on the other.

And semi private is a misnomer anyway - it should be "Public course to which you can pay more upfront to have unlimited playing privileges" or something along those lines. :)

I agree.  I see "semi-private" as a term invented to make those who paid for memberships feel special (I speak from experience - playing at a course in Ft. Myers I was looked at as an interloper, despite the fact that at least 1/4 of the players there were daily fee patrons).  

I'm a paid member at 2 local courses here, both of which are essentially public since there are no restrictions placed on daily fee users.  I will welcome any daily fee customer to play with me if they so desire, and we will have a good time playing as equals.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

• Administrator

Semi-private = memberships = "season passes". It's public.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I guess the right answer would be 100%, I won't play a course where I know a round is going to be six hours. I know I am not one of those guys who thinks golf is like  work that requires 100 percent focused effort every second I am on the course, but seriously, six hours? Count me out.

I voted NO, don't want to pay more. Public courses in my area are reasonably priced, and during the week when I play most, pace is good (3:45 to 4:15). I refuse to play private or semi-private courses as they typically charge too much and have restricted tee times for non-members.

Priorities:

1- Course conditions. Usually good to excellent depending upon season.

2- Course layout. There are several public courses near me that are both challenging and receptive from appropriate tees.

3- Pace. Generally not a problem except on weekends.

4- Clubhouse amenities. Really only an issue for consideration of membership. Courses I play have good food and drink (for a price), good pro shops, and attractive and clean facilities. What more can one ask from muni's?

If you need more...

Belly up and pay the toll to go private! :8)

Edited by CR McDivot
  • Upvote 1

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

CR, I voted the same as you.  I have a Donald Ross designed semi-private course a few minutes from my house, but I prefer the muni mainly due to price.

Edited by vangator

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I voted NO, don't want to pay more. Public courses in my area are reasonably priced, and during the week when I play most, pace is good (3:45 to 4:15). I refuse to play private or semi-private courses as they typically charge too much and have restricted tee times for non-members.

Priorities:

1- Course conditions. Usually good to excellent depending upon season.

2- Course layout. There are several public courses near me that are both challenging and receptive from appropriate tees.

3- Pace. Generally not a problem except on weekends.

4- Clubhouse amenities. Really only an issue for consideration of membership. Courses I play have good food and drink (for a price), good pro shops, and attractive and clean facilities. What more can one ask from muni's?

If you need more...

Belly up and pay the toll to go private! :8)

What he said!   lol, yes this was my vote pretty much for the same reasons.  I'm even good with a 5 hour round.  Too much longer and it just gets bad.

Yes, time is important, but bitching and complaining about it within your group at the time does nothing to help the situation (not implying any of you do).  Make the most of it and enjoy the time with your group, or carry your azz because you gotta "go" but don't bring me down with you.

**That said, I've definitely complained about how slow it is lol, I just try not to. 

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

This really did not relate that much to my game. I belong to a Robert Trent Jones Jr designed course and it is semi private. I pay a month fee and get unlimited play. I rarely go to other courses unless my course is closed to everyday play. My preference has always been condition of course and pace of play. Most courses in this area are pretty low in cost and only one of them is in poor condition and I avoid that one. Being retired I play only during the week as I feel those who toil at work all week don't need me clogging up the course on the weekend. So pace of play is generally pretty good for me anyway. 

Edited by shanksalot
misspelled words

Note: This thread is 3113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!