IGNORED

Whats the most "unusual" club in your bag ?

inthehole
Note: This thread is 2967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Jim Peteo Round face putter paid $5 for it but haven't been able to switch back to any of my other putters since.  I don't know why I like it I just do Except off the fringe.

Not really unusual, but I picked up a used Titleist 915H 5 hybrid. There are a couple of par 3s I play that are just too long for my 5 irons and a 4H or 4 iron is too long. I wanted to see if the 5H would be better with the added height. I tried it a few times, but missed the green! 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I overlap an 18.5º fairway wood and an 18º driving iron.

Two different clubs and two different shots. 

I'm still bagging just fourteen.

Ping G430 Max....3, 5, 7, 9-woods (Alta CB Black 65);  Callaway Apex UT...driving iron (Aerotech i95);
Titleist T-100...5-9 (Aerotech i95);  Edel C Grind...48, 54° (Aerotech i95};
Edel P Grind...60° (Aerotech i95);  Ping DS-72...putter; Titleist Pro V1x...ball

Have never had much success with fairway woods, but carry a Titleist 690 cb 2 iron (3-PW are 690 mb), which does a fantastic job for me about 70% of the time, and even the mishits are never too bad. Have also just bought a Controller Roll & Bulge driving iron as an alternative (on ebay for 15 dollars), but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Added an RBZ 4 iron which I only really use as a driving iron off the tee. It goes about 190 which is in between my 16 degree and 23 degree hybrids which go about 200 give or take and 180 respectively. It works out well because while I love my hybrids off the ground, I have troue hooking them off the tee. The 4i is still a work in progress off the turf (thinking off putting in the shaft of an extra 5i I have) it's great off the tee for short tight par 4holes and long par 3s.

Edited by PJCdude

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

18 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Nothing remotely weird in my bag.  Hey @mchepp, tell us about your "3 wood." ;)

My three wood is a 12 degree Ping K15 Driver. First thing I did was replace the shaft with a standard 3 wood shaft. So now it is the length of your standard 3 wood. I also added lead weight to the head to make it a standard 3 wood swing weight. The Ping K15 is a pretty light driver to begin with so there is a decent amount of lead weight on there. 

Lastly I had a local club maker add a degree of loft. So now it is a 13 degree. In retrospect I would not have done that. It is an expensive process and I can barely tell the difference.

I did this because I mostly was hitting the Rocketballz 3 wood that I had off the tee. Off the fairway I was hitting these low burners that did not get much distance. I was hitting the RBZ 3 wood pretty well but it was not as forgiving as I would like it to be. Now my Ping 3 wood is got the forgiveness of a typical driver but the feel and distance of a 3 wood. It is a very trusty club that I can hit the fairway with when I need to be in the fairway. I can also use it to punch out of the trees.

• Upvote 1

Michael

• 2 months later...

Posted above that I had just bought a Controller Roll & Bulge driving iron on ebay. Have now played with it a few times and love it! Seldom had a club which I could hit so straight and relatively long (just short of 200 yards). Great for long par 3's or short par 4's where placement is vital. Have only been able to use it off the tee so far, as it's winter in Germany and the ground is completely sodden (at our club, a local rule is temprarily in effect which means you have to tee up every shot, so you basically can't hit from the deck at the moment). This club will definitely stay in my bag!

this one................

A 5 Hybrid!

BigBertha5Rescue.thumb.JPG.5e9557132f563

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2015 at 6:21 PM, SavvySwede said:

1.Controller Roll and Bulge driving iron. It's only 12.5* so it's pretty tough to hit but it's a real sight to see when struck well. Has too much offset and is too easy to hook so I keep it in the basement until I feel the need to humble myself.

2. Pelz 64* wedge. Lots of loft and zero bounce make this club pretty useless with the exception of short high pitches and flops around the green out of thick rough.

3. PING 1-A putter. Antique putter that makes a harmonic 'ping' sound when you strike the ball, hence the name of the company.

4. DTG ultra light driver. Driver head is about 40g lighter than your typical head. Built to 48" and a 25g grip make it an uncontrollable swing speed machine.

I also use a controller roll and bulge driving iron. It has the same loft as yours. I love this club on windy days as an alternative to my driver.

Cleveland quadpro "launching iron". 21 deg. Looks like a 3iron and a hybrid got together and had a baby. Found it in a used bin at golf mart. More reliable than my 4 iron. 

I have 2 gap wedges, one that matches my Aero Burner set, mostly for full shots.  The second one is left over from my previous set of AP-2 irons.  I got so used to playing chips and pitches with this 51° wedge that I don't really want to relearn it all with a different club.  So the second GW is almost exclusively for greenside play - I even use it at times for longer bunker shots.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

A driving putter

Really, I have 3 Dunlop Hybrids 18*,21*,24*, that cost £10.50 each. They are absolutely awesome

Edited by paininthenuts

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

On November 16, 2015 at 9:52 PM, arturo28mx said:

I carry a Ping 6 hybrid, 31 degrees. It carries the same distance as my 5 iron, but much easier to hit. Many people don't know a 6 hybrid exists.

I have a 32 degree big Bertha 7 hybrid. 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I currently do not have anything unusual in my golf bag, however, i do actually own the following.

1. Wilson 1200 GE (1,3, and 4) they are actually wood heads.

2. Callaway Steelhead III 9° Steel shafted Driver, sometimes I'll put this in the bag just so I can hit it off the deck.

3. Tour Edge V-Blade Forged (1-PW), not a misprint, still have the old "chicken stick" as Feherty calls it..

4. Wilson Augusta putter, self explanatory...

5. Techpower ZX-20 2-iron that desparately needs a new grip, it's kind of a knock-off of the Mizuno MP-30... It's unusual because I built it myself... about 10 years ago. (I actually had a full set but sold the 3-LW)... I kept it as a souvenir from me building it... the component company I bought the head from no longer exists.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Note: This thread is 2967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!