IGNORED

Tathata Golf ... McCord & Chamblee Are Advertising on TGC

inthehole
Note: This thread is 2483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I bring up YouTube golf vids on my tv this ad always comes up. I've only seen the first 5 seconds over and over. So, for me it's an annoyance. 

I chuckle in wondering what Hogan would say about it...

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished chapter 1 (1st 10 lessons) It's awesome! There's meditation, confidence building mental exercises, yoga for flexibility, and of course golf movements. There are extra videos and slides so one can get a full understanding of every move. It focuses on a centered balanced powerful golf swing. Chapter one teaches how to move the body. Mostly the lower body. I was ignoring the role of the feet, knees, shins, and thighs in my golf swing and this really teaches one how to use those parts and use them the right way. It also teaches how to utilize the ground and create ground forces. (perhaps this is the secret in the dirt). I love it and can't wait to do more and see what affect it has on y game a couple months from now! 

• Upvote 1

What happened to the MORAD Project that McCord was working on with Mac O'Grady?

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, 1badbadger said:

Mac is still doing it himself.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

32 minutes ago, 1badbadger said:

The investigation continues.... ;-)

http://www.macogradygolfschools.com/

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 2 months later...

due to medical issues, i wasn't able to complete the program. I attempted to put into practice what I've learned so far on the course and had the worst round of my life. Just like much golf instruction, there were too many things to think about. It felt very powerful and easy in practice, but in reality did not work for me. That doesn't mean it won't work for some it just didn't work for me the way my brain is wired and how my body works. I've discovered after 7 years of trying to find a method that gave me that aha moment that I am an arms player. Arms swing and let the body respond. This comes much more natural to me and the first time out with it I golfed as well as I usually do. If you have a body driven swing and you swing from the ground up Tathata could work. If you find it impossible to hit well with a body driven swing go find an arm swing method. In summary- Tathata has good potential just not for me. 

• 1 month later...

took tathata out to the course. was expecting it to be bad since I was halfway through the program, but it was the worst golf I've ever played. chunks, tops, slices, and hooks. scored a 70 for 9 holes. shot 45 to 55 with other swing methodologies. I can see how this would really work well for some and the confidence exercises were very helpful, but it just wasn't for me. I ended up back where I always do with new horizons and e.a. Tischler and just played a great round. If you are biomechanically built for the tathata swing it could make you scratch, but if you are just not built that way it would take thousands of hours of work or you won't get it. An awesome program just not for me.

On 5/5/2017 at 6:13 PM, kingfrenzo said:

trying to find a method that gave me that aha moment

I hate to be the one to break it to ya, but... except realizing that there is no 'aha' moment... there is no 'aha' moment:-(

Edited by roamin
  • Upvote 1

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

1 hour ago, zipazoid said:

Was gonna say. Just do yoga. 

Some are turned off by the spiritual stuff. That being said, there are a lot of yoga/PT flexibility programs out there that can be done on your own.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

18 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Some are turned off by the spiritual stuff. That being said, there are a lot of yoga/PT flexibility programs out there that can be done on your own.

I did yoga for years (need to get back into it) & the only "spiritual" stuff is the concept of rewarding yourself, giving yourself a break, loving yourself. Aside that (which are simply healthy concepts imo), it's exercise which will definitely get your heart rate going. You'll feel it afterwards. 

Just now, zipazoid said:

I did yoga for years (need to get back into it) & the only "spiritual" stuff is the concept of rewarding yourself, giving yourself a break, loving yourself. Aside that (which are simply healthy concepts imo), it's exercise which will definitely get your heart rate going. You'll feel it afterwards. 

I did too. One class had a lot of the spiritual stuff, which I found hokey. The other reminded me more of the stretching sessions we did before gymnastics when I was a kid. More athletic and focused on what we needed prior to working out. I liked that one better. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I did too. One class had a lot of the spiritual stuff, which I found hokey. The other reminded me more of the stretching sessions we did before gymnastics when I was a kid. More athletic and focused on what we needed prior to working out. I liked that one better. 

Yeah, there's all types of yoga. I like Vinyasa, which emphasizes stretching & flowing into poses. Not into 'Hot Bikram' where they blast-furnace the place & make you hold poses. 

It seems that Savasina, which is the rest period at the end of most if not all classes, is where they get spiritual. I just wanna lay down, not hear about thanking myself for taking the time to honor my chakras or whatever. :-D

57 minutes ago, zipazoid said:

Yeah, there's all types of yoga. I like Vinyasa, which emphasizes stretching & flowing into poses. Not into 'Hot Bikram' where they blast-furnace the place & make you hold poses. 

It seems that Savasina, which is the rest period at the end of most if not all classes, is where they get spiritual. I just wanna lay down, not hear about thanking myself for taking the time to honor my chakras or whatever. :-D

I would never do hot yoga. I can sweat on a cold day in January without any help!

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I would never do hot yoga. I can sweat on a cold day in January without any help!

They say its to "remove the toxins" in your body. Yeah. Sweat & consciousness.

I got the program this spring.  Stopped just short of Chapter 3 as I found I'd rather spend my time playing golf and practicing than doing movements in my living room.  

It has some potential.  As @kingfrenzo mentioned my first day out was my worst round of golf ever.  Was thinking about way too much.  This is my first golf program btw.  

I like Tathata as it fits to my swing; A strong powerful smack of the ball, letting the body unload, not caring about positions too much, but more just an athletic movement.  The thing is people talk about the yoga and stretching aspect of it, which to me really wasn't there.  The stretching is okay, but I need a much more intensive workout program to feel I get better balance that golf requires.  Yoga is king!  This is just holding some positions, that I really didn't feel strengthening my body much.  I did take some tips from it, so not narcing on it, and most likely will give it a go again and complete this winter.   

Right now I'm too busy learning martial arts by waxing cars and painting fences to start a new project...  Maybe over the winter I'll try Tathata. 

I've been seeing their commercials for over a year and I will say they're very high quality and make me want to try it.  High end infomercial material. 

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:12 PM, roamin said:

there is no 'aha' moment

Is that like "there is no spoon"? 

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Note: This thread is 2483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!