IGNORED

PEZGolf Truth Squad

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, PEZGolf said:

The name of the course is Heron Creek and the address is 151 Kirkland Ave. in Clinton, NY 13323. It is a 9 hole course, measuring 3,247 yards from the white tees and 3,120 yards from the senior tees. In the summer, it is a par 36 layout. In the fall, around October 1, we, the Seniors, play it as a par 38 since we cannot reach the two long 4's in 2, even hitting a perfect drive and a perfect 3 wood!

That is not how it works.

Let's assume, based on the fact that I've spent ten years rating courses and that the other course you play is almost exactly the same yardage, as well as the wide fairways, relatively few trees, bunkers, etc. that the course rating at Heron Creek is 69.0 with a slope of 123. This matches the longest set of tees at Twin Ponds (69.0/123) (the rounds which I've marked with an asterisk):

36*
36*

If you join 9-hole rounds together as you're supposed to, you wind up with:
72*
76**

** There was one 38 left over, so I doubled it to 76 so we had one more score to count.

Your differentials for those rounds would be:

74: (74-69) * 113/123 = 4.6
72*: (72 - 69) * 113/123 = 2.8
74: (74 - 69) * 113/123 = 4.6
75: (75 - 69) * 113/123 = 5.5
79: (79 - 69) * 113/123 = 9.2
77: (77 - 69) * 113/123 = 7.3
76**: (76 - 69) * 113/123 = 6.4

The average of those numbers is… 5.8.

And that's assuming you play the longest tees at Twin Ponds, and that the course rating is as high at Heron Creek (it does not appear to be officially rated).

Here's the Twin Ponds scorecard: http://www.twinpondsgolf.net/golf/emailer2020/img/twinpondsgolf/course_scorecard.jpg

course_scorecard.jpg

It is a tight course that requires excellent ball control.

Uhh, no. Here's one of the holes about 235 yards from the tee. The fairway itself is nearly 40 yards wide.

568f24817030b_ScreenShot2016-01-07at9.52

The greens are small targets and slant a great deal so a shot hit into the middle of the green may run off, making a chip shot necessary for the next play. The greens are fairly quick and very difficult to read. 30 putts is outstanding and very rare. 36 putts is the norm.

36 putts is the norm… on small greens? No. Does not compute. Yes, if you're all lousy putters. Small greens reduce the number of putts you hit.

I have numerous photos of the course and I will ask my daughter to help me post them on YouTube. Also, I have nice videos of my swing and we will post them as well. Since I did write analyses of the swings of Wayne Levi and Patty Sheehan, with their permission and approval, I am interested in what you have to say about my swing!

Go for it, but honestly… there's now no need. You don't even seem to understand or appreciate how handicaps work.

I'll change your handicap to 5.8, since you can't reach a 400-yard par four in two with a "perfect" driver and a "perfect" 3W.

20 minutes ago, PEZGolf said:

It amazes me that SOME OF YOU do NOT know what is on this Discussion Board. Go to Golf Courses and Architecture, and click on "Your Home Course". IMAGINE THAT-TWO POSTS BY ME ABOUT HERON CREEK. And YOU asked me what my home course is? And if you GOOGLE their name, their website pops right up! Apparently, SOME of you do NOT understand how to navigate on this website. Would you like me to TEACH YOU?

There's no guarantee you played that golf at your home course. So I asked.

And as @dkolo said, we did, which is how we saw that you have some massive sub-300-yard par fours…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If he's actually a 5.8, he's gonna have to cede editorial control of his newsletter to Wayne Levi.

Edited by Gunther

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunther said:

If he's actually a 5.8, he's gonna have to cede editorial control of his newsletter to Wayne Levi.

Well, that's the average. Not the "best 10 of 20."

But they're also self-reported scores of a guy who thinks you can make a sub-400-yard hole a par 5, so…

I honestly doubt he's even as low as 5.8.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Here are my distances: driver-198 yds; 3 wood-174; 6 iron-132. I average 13/14 fairways, and 13 greens in regulation

Sand saves=70_%; putts=average of 30 per round. If you want proof, then I challenge you to a match at the Monster at the Concord Hotel at Kiamesha Lake this Spring!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

3 minutes ago, PEZGolf said:

Here are my distances: driver-198 yds; 3 wood-174; 6 iron-132. I average 13/14 fairways, and 13 greens in regulation

Sand saves=70_%; putts=average of 30 per round. If you want proof, then I challenge you to a match at the Monster at the Concord Hotel at Kiamesha Lake this Spring!

198 + 174 = 372

You can hit every par 4 in 2 on that course, you just want to play it as par 36 to brag about your score relative to par.

• Administrator

I don't need proof @PEZGolf. You don't even know how to calculate a handicap. You think you can make a sub-400-yard hole a par five.

I've told you how you can prove things.

Your word is no good here.

I am going to post   my swing on youtube! The Monster used to be 7,670 yards long. It may be 8,000+ now. It should be a good test for you. Maybe we can get the GOLF CHANNEL to record and televise our match as a new episode of "Shell's Wonderful World of Golf"!

Truth goes a long way @PEZGolf. Deceit is a short and dangerous path.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
4 hours ago, PEZGolf said:

I am going to post   my swing on youtube! The Monster used to be 7,670 yards long. It may be 8,000+ now. It should be a good test for you. Maybe we can get the GOLF CHANNEL to record and televise our match as a new episode of "Shell's Wonderful World of Golf"!

You can't reach a 390-yard hole with a perfect driver and a perfect 3w, so you make it a par five.

@david_wedzik's dad is about your age and… can still hit the ball 260 or so off the tee. I think he would kick your butt, and he's only about a 5 handicap.

And stop challenging people to play you. I doubt anyone here has any interest in spending their time or money to meet you.

If the end is nigh, @PEZGolf, it's by a grave of your own making. I was perfectly content to let you blather on and post so long as you formatted things so people could read them, but I do not like nor tolerate people who lie. Starting this thread as a sort of weird way of bragging was really stupid.

You can always come clean, and admit the lies. That's probably your best choice at this point.

I may not have a lot to contribute on this website towards golf itself as I am a beginner and total hack but personally I have tired of all the @PEZGolf shenanigans.  Those Topix posts in my opinion show the inner mind of a deeply troubled person, seeking attention, any attention.  That he finds it okay to unilaterally make par up for whatever holes he wants to just further demonstrates the point that he has nothing serious (or even if not serious, useful) to contribute.  This has devolved into what must be akin to watching a loop of Rob Schneider's movies for 24 hours.  

Edited by Gator Hazard

10 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

This has devolved into what must be akin to watching a loop of Rob Schneider's movies for 24 hours.  

The  movie "Grown Ups" comes to mind with his 3 daughters and 30 year senior to him wife. :-D

Yes, it seems a little disappointing that PEZ is not quite the golfer he portrayed. :-(

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

"Truth? What is TRUTH?" said Pilate to the carpenter's son. In the of Jesus of Nazareth, I tell you that I HAVE POSTED THE TRUTH!  IT IS NOT "boasting" to state MY POLICY on hiring writers. It is my business and "I WILL DO WHAT I WANT TO, DO WHAT I WANT TO" ( to borrow a phrase from a Goldie Oldie). If you do NOT agree with me, FINE! This is a FREE COUNTRY! I DO NOT LIE! I WENT TO COLLEGE AT HARVARD AND OUR MOTTO IS ONE WORD-"VERITAS"!

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, PEZGolf said:

"Truth? What is TRUTH?" said Pilate to the carpenter's son. In the of Jesus of Nazareth, I tell you that I HAVE POSTED THE TRUTH!  IT IS NOT "boasting" to state MY POLICY on hiring writers. It is my business and "I WILL DO WHAT I WANT TO, DO WHAT I WANT TO" ( to borrow a phrase from a Goldie Oldie). If you do NOT agree with me, FINE! This is a FREE COUNTRY! I DO NOT LIE! I WENT TO COLLEGE AT HARVARD AND OUR MOTTO IS ONE WORD-"VERITAS"!

The unraveling continues.

I don't believe that you're a 1.3 index golfer. I think that's a flat out lie, and my evidence of that is that you cannot reach a 390-yard hole with a "perfect" drive and a "perfect" 3W, and you adjust the par on the holes you play.

I also BELIEVE that you've had a long, long history of basically being a crazy person, and that your time here is limited. I am also IMPRESSED that you were able to last as long as you did.

I've issued you five (5) warning points for the post I quoted here, and at 50 points, you're permanently banned. At 20, 30, and 40… the temporary suspensions get longer and longer. You outed yourself with these ridiculous statements, and all anyone's doing here is holding you mildly accountable.

23 minutes ago, PEZGolf said:

In Pez fashion:

--------I say WE haVE a poll------------on whether

or not @PEZGolf is Just a crazy troll.................

28 minutes ago, PEZGolf said:

IT IS NOT "boasting" to state MY POLICY on hiring writers. It is my business and "I WILL DO WHAT I WANT TO, DO WHAT I WANT TO" ( to borrow a phrase from a Goldie Oldie).

So @PEZGolf, how many of your multiple personalities have you hired to write for your non-existent newsletter?

And how large is your subscriber base?-Is it mostly just those same multiple personalities and your relatives?-Or do the orderlies and doctors and nurses READ your newsletter too?

I have never met a 1.3 golfer who cannot reach 390 yard holes in two shots. I would be doubtful if you could not hit that with anything over a 7-iron and you cannot hit it with a PERFECT 3 wood.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I think PEZ would have got along smashingly well with @c peterich, they could have shared a bowl of fruit loops. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

What's this ? I can change par on holes if I think they are tough ? Maybe I could get my index to a single digit ? Then again, I can reach 390yd with driver and  9 iron, or sometimes a PW but I sometimes miss the green, lol. . 

6 minutes ago, SteveH said:

What's this ? I can change par on holes if I think they are tough ? Maybe I could get my index to a single digit ? Then again, I can reach 390yd with driver and  9 iron, or sometimes a PW but I sometimes miss the green, lol. . 

Exactly.  There is a "Par 3" at my home course that is 173 from the white tees.  It is on an severe upslope green with a steep drop off the back.  Since I suck at hitting my 3H accurately and softly enough for that I am now going to play it as a Par 4 since I am getting better with my 5H.  That way when I miss or come up a bit short I can take my second shot for GIR, BUT if drive the green I am putting for eagle!!  Afterwards I am going to write an article in my magazine called "Handicapping:  It's All Relative........To What I Have No Idea".  Now I just need a snazzy golf magazine name with a secret subscriber list.

Edited by Gator Hazard

Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!