IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, atb5079 said:

How was Bryson whiny today, apart from your average look to the caddy and toss your hand up that every player does (including all of us)??

I've seen Bryson act a lot like Spieth before. Saw it on 15 today. Saw it a few times yesterday and in past tourneys. It happens. And there's nothing wrong with it. Rather see a guy wear the emotions on his sleeve than plod along like Stewart Cink or Chad Campbell.

Edited by ChrisP

7 minutes ago, natureboy said:

Are you a Nike rep or something.

I like Rory too, but come on. :-P One of only three under par today?

Lol...now that you mention it, it does seem like I like Nike guys...

Jordan made at least 3 or 4 putts today that kept him in it. He could be around even right now.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, RFKFREAK said:

I love when you get descriptive like this! LOL.

I didn't see this coming from Phil.  I really would have liked to have seen him play this weekend. 

Phil could still play golf this weekend.  He's just like us, and when we have an unexpected day off of work, what do we do?  We go play golf!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

4 minutes ago, Scotsclaff said:

Dried out more than usual,less receptive,hence the high scoring.

Sun plus dry wind out of the north = baked greens?

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

3 minutes ago, Scotsclaff said:

Meh. Dried out is not the issue i'm getting at. Moot point.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

1 minute ago, colin007 said:

Jordan made at least 3 or 4 putts today that kept him in it. He could be around even right now.

It coulda been woise.

Kevin

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

Phil could still play golf this weekend.  He's just like us, and when we have an unexpected day off of work, what do we do?  We go play golf!

Yeah, but unfortunately, Phil and I aren't golf friends so I won't see him golfing with me this weekend. :~(

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Just now, GolfingInHawaiiSpoiledMe said:

Jordan can take all the time he wants tomarrow. As long as playing partner doesn't care he's all good. Nobody behind him on Saturday. 

No. Absolutely not. I vehemently disagree with that. It doesn't matter if there's nobody behind him. He should be playing to a certain pace. All that does is tell everybody who's watching that it's okay to take as much time as you want to. There's no reason that kid can't play faster. 

Colin P.

7 minutes ago, atb5079 said:

Meh. Dried out is not the issue i'm getting at. Moot point.

Calico...spotty? Maybe cooler weather than normal in general has killed some of the grass - or reset the spring budding / seedhead formation clock.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

3 minutes ago, colin007 said:

He could be but, he is not. Love the could have talk, does that apply to every player within 4 shots of the cut as well?

3 minutes ago, GolfingInHawaiiSpoiledMe said:

Jordan can take all the time he wants tomarrow. As long as playing partner doesn't care he's all good. Nobody behind him on Saturday. 

No;  the correct place on a golf course is behind the group ahead of you, not ahead of the group behind you.

2 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Yeah, but unfortunately, Phil and I aren't golf friends so I won't see him golfing with me this weekend. :~(

Yeah, I made myself sad with my comment too :-(

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

No;  the correct place on a golf course is behind the group ahead of you, not ahead of the group behind you.

That's what I thought.

Yeah, I made myself sad with my comment too :-(

Your heart was in the right place. :)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Kisner puts a tee in the fringe to remind him of his initial read after he finishes walking it off. Great putt!

Just figured out you can back up the feed if you miss something.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

4 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

Just an interesting note, I wouldn't surprise me if 150 (+6) makes the weekend... 

Did I not call that?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

46 minutes ago, atb5079 said:

Why do all the greens look beat up? I have never noticed imperfection at AN like this year.

44 minutes ago, sarena1594 said:

Spieth mentioned that in his post round interview...if I remember correctly he said they were "crusty"....not sure exactly what that means, but maybe they weren't rolling as true

43 minutes ago, Scotsclaff said:

Maybe this (most likely):

1.-Purpling-from-frosts.jpg

http://www.turfdiseases.org/midatlantic/old-men-and-other-january-golf-course-issues

Bentgrass clones appear purple in response to hard frosts, but no harm will come to the turf.

http://spanishpeaksmountainclubgcm.blogspot.com/2014/10/why-our-greens-appear-purple.html

you might have noticed some of the greens having various shades of purple, red, or blue in circular patches.  The cold and frosty nights we have been experiencing bring about some pronounced physiological changes in our bentgrass plants.  These patches constitute different clones within a bentgrass polystand.

&/or this (less likely):

PoaGreenPowell.jpg

http://olympichillsturf.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenges-of-bent-poa-greens-in-early.html

Putting greens with Poa annua are sometimes streaking or patchy looking because Poa annua has so many different strains and the more strains that grow on one putting surface the streakier/patchier it will appear (see photo above).

Also, during the springtime, poa grasses tend to bud and these buds create less than ideal surfaces (i.e. bounces….).

18 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

Did I not call that?

Was it you who talked about the toughness of the wind out of the north before today even started?

Edited by natureboy
  • Upvote 1

Kevin

Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!