IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

20 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Please show me where there is a lack of GOP leaders endorsing him? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

Paul Ryan? That's it. 

This is where most people miss the point. Being likable has very little to do with actually getting results. We have all been led to believe this to be true, but it is not. 

Trump is abrasive, but he gets things done. Perhaps we all need to toughen up a bit and quit being so offended by "abrasive" language. 

A real leader doesn't use abrasive language.  Respect! Respect is very important.  I'm not a weeny baby, I don't take offense to insults.  But I shouldn't have to take that from a presidential candidate.  Trump does not respect his opponents.  That's what I have most issue with.  Someone bites at him, and he can't take it.  He bites back even harder.  Maybe Trump needs to toughen up and quite being offended.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Don't you think this is a little over the top? :-P

Given his enthusiasm for all things Trump no. But he can hack it, abrasive stuff doesn't offend him.

Dave :-)

4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

He better watch for the evangelical vote. They are threatening to boycott the election if he doesn't pick a VP that supports their views.  White Evangelicals makes up about 20% of the entire voting base, and about 60% of them vote for Republican. That's 12% of the popular vote!

He also needs to watch out for the independent vote. Gary Johnson is polling pretty solid numbers with out being mentioned much in the media. If he gets some momentum then he might cause some havoc in those swing states. 

If Trump was smart he would pick Cruz to be his VP.

Just a wild guess, but I'd think that the evangelical vote would still prefer Trump in office than Clinton?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

17 minutes ago, Lihu said:
  22 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

"Your posts resonate with the excitement of a tween at a Bieber concert."

Don't you think this is a little over the top? :-P

I think it balance out from the other side when they equate a poster to Darth Sideous.

Get used to it

We'll get a lot of posts that mention Hitler, Satan, etc etc - this election will bring that out

Bill - 

2 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

I think it balance out from the other side when they equate a poster to Darth Sideous.

Get used to it

We'll get a lot of posts that mention Hitler, Satan, etc etc - this election will bring that out

I think were a little bit past the Satan thing with Clinton (unless you are claiming that Satan is a woman?), and I really find it particularly distasteful to compare Bernie Sanders to Adolf Hitler. 

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

15 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

He better watch for the evangelical vote.

If Trump was smart he would pick Cruz to be his VP.

If Trump was smart, he'd start his move to the center now and avoid regular establishment Republicans like the plague.  Cruz or an evangelical would be death as it would just be pandering to a fringe that either already has, or won't show up anyway.

He needs to steal voters from Hillary, not encourage even more people to hold their noses (and wallets) and pick her.

Bill - 

Just now, Lihu said:

Just a wild guess, but I'd think that the evangelical vote would still prefer Trump in office than Clinton?

Doesn't matter. These are very religious people who will not put aside their beliefs against the social conservative issues. 

My Uncle isn't evangelical, he's Roman Catholic. He will abstain from voting for a candidate if that candidate isn't a 100% Pro-Life. To him, voting for someone who supports any sort of Pro-Choice is the same as supporting murder. 

To the Evangelical right there is no compromising on their beliefs. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 minute ago, Lihu said:

I think were a little bit past the Satan thing with Clinton (unless you are claiming that Satan is a woman?), and I really find it particularly distasteful to compare Bernie Sanders to Adolf Hitler. 

Satan can use whatever bathroom he/she/??? feels appropriate.  How dare you sir...!

Bill - 

2 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

Satan can use whatever bathroom he/she/??? feels appropriate.  How dare you sir...!

I stand corrected! :-D

3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Doesn't matter. These are very religious people who will not put aside their beliefs against the social conservative issues. 

My Uncle isn't evangelical, he's Roman Catholic. He will abstain from voting for a candidate if that candidate isn't a 100% Pro-Life. To him, voting for someone who supports any sort of Pro-Choice is the same as supporting murder. 

To the Evangelical right there is no compromising on their beliefs. 

I have friends who are definitely on the fence about Trump, but at the same time they feel that Trump is a better choice of the two.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

7 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

If Trump was smart, he'd start his move to the center now and avoid regular establishment Republicans like the plague.  Cruz or an evangelical would be death as it would just be pandering to a fringe that either already has, or won't show up anyway.

He needs to steal voters from Hillary, not encourage even more people to hold their noses (and wallets) and pick her.

He better do something because so far his best anti-Hillary plan has been to encourage Bernie to run as a third party candidate. Hillary stays palatable as long as Trump avoids issues or sways to either side of one as it suits him. He hasn't had to say anything of substance due to the media's fascination but that won't be enough to get him to the WH.

It worked great when there were 16 other republican candidates but when it narrows to him and HRC she will get just as much coverage as he does. His constant media coverage isn't his plan it's nothing more than a fortuitous bounce.

1 hour ago, Braivo said:

Exactly. I look away for the weekend and come back to posts about ketchup and bathrooms. 

Who's up for honest debate/discussion about the 2016 Presidential race? Anyone?

I will say it again, and again, and again. Everyone hates on Trump for all of his loose remarks and they think he will be a terrible POTUS because of that. I disagree. We should be in a relative quiet period from now to the convention, but everyone is still talking about Trump. NY Times hit pieces, GMA interviews, etc, etc. He is still the topic of most political conversation.

We should want a POTUS that can single handedly shift the entire political and media landscape. This is a guy that knows how to get things done. His entire life is a story or action and results. Sure, he's had a few failures. Who doesn't? If you aren't failing you aren't doing anything worthwhile. 

He will end up with the most GOP primary votes in history while spending far less money that any other major candidate. Think about that for a minute. Don't we want someone in office who can get things done efficiently? Isn't that what we've been missing all of this time. 

Trump is the smartest man in the room. He has been planning this run his entire life, he is patient and methodical, far from a loose cannon as many like to describe him. None of what he is saying or doing is irrational in any way, it is all part of a much larger plan that lands him a massive victory in November. 

Who do we want to be our POTUS, the person who gets played? Or the person who can play everyone? I know what when it comes down to dealing with a corrupt congress or dictators of other nations I want the guy that knows how to get people to do what he wants. I want that guy on our team. 

Isn't an "honest" debate about Trump and Clinton some sort of oxymoron?  Trump has already back tracked from positions he held during the primaries, who know what else he will flip flop on?  

You want honest, at this point there is only one reason I'll vote for Trump, he isn't Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.  Trump has littered his campaign team with establishment people and establishment Super Pacs, the only position he has stuck to since the primaries is on immigration.  

If the rumor is true he's actually considering Sarah Palin for V.P. or if he actually selects her then I'll stay home on election day and vote for no one.  

He says it's a conscious decision to not act "presidential", at this point I don't think he's capable of doing so for any extended period of time.

Everyone that I know (myself included) who was initially excited about Trump is now questioning his ability to represent their political and financial views.  He's losing the base of people that got him to this point and if he doesn't make some drastic changes in how he conducts himself, Hillary is going to win because the Republicans are just going to stay home.    

Joe Paradiso

3 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Isn't an "honest" debate about Trump and Clinton some sort of oxymoron?  Trump has already back tracked from positions he held during the primaries, who know what else he will flip flop on?  

You want honest, at this point there is only one reason I'll vote for Trump, he isn't Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.  Trump has littered his campaign team with establishment people and establishment Super Pacs, the only position he has stuck to since the primaries is on immigration.  

If the rumor is true he's actually considering Sarah Palin for V.P. or if he actually selects her then I'll stay home on election day and vote for no one.  

He says it's a conscious decision to not act "presidential", at this point I don't think he's capable of doing so for any extended period of time.

Everyone that I know (myself included) who was initially excited about Trump is now questioning his ability to represent their political and financial views.  He's losing the base of people that got him to this point and if he doesn't make some drastic changes in how he conducts himself, Hillary is going to win because the Republicans are just going to stay home.    

This is the sentiment of every republican I know, except for the bold. They are already to the sitting it out part.

I heard few times over the weekend that Newt has the inside track on VP.  I love me some Newt but I don't believe that would be a good choice, either strategically or tactically.

I'm still convinced he needs to pick a woman.  I love Sarah Palin too, but the media has caricatured her to the point where she's pretty non-effective to all but the most ardent of conservatives.  

Don't know much about Susana Martinez but if she's in any way for illegal immmigration, that's a non-starter.  If not, she could be viable, provided she could withstand the smear campaign the left would wage on her.  No need for Washington chops for this role, he'll have plenty of people in his administration that will fill the void in his own political experience.

As I've mentioned, Condi would be great but I doubt she'd take it.  Carly too, but not sure they can reconcile.  Nikki Haley is weak on immigration.  The governor of OK seems pretty reasonable but I don't know much about her.

We'll see where he goes but I do hope he picks a woman.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

5 minutes ago, Gunther said:

I heard few times over the weekend that Newt has the inside track on VP.  I love me some Newt but I don't believe that would be a good choice, either strategically or tactically.

I'm still convinced he needs to pick a woman.  I love Sarah Palin too, but the media has caricatured her to the point where she's pretty non-effective to all but the most ardent of conservatives.  

Don't know much about Susana Martinez but if she's in any way for illegal immmigration, that's a non-starter.  If not, she could be viable, provided she could withstand the smear campaign the left would wage on her.  No need for Washington chops for this role, he'll have plenty of people in his administration that will fill the void in his own political experience.

As I've mentioned, Condi would be great but I doubt she'd take it.  Carly too, but not sure they can reconcile.  Nikki Haley is weak on immigration.  The governor of OK seems pretty reasonable but I don't know much about her.

Is this a political strategy to gain some of the moderate vote?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

2 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Palin is an idiot, pure and simple.  Trump selecting her is political suicide and would only be effective in the same manner Joe Biden is, to ensure the POTUS isn't assassinated.  

Newt is toxic, Martinez already pulled her name out of contention, as has Carly.  According to Ben Carson who claims insider knowledge in addition to Palin these are the V.P. candidates Trump is considering;  Ted Cruz, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, Sen. Marco Rubio, and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie

Joe Paradiso

1 minute ago, Lihu said:

Is this a political strategy to gain some of the moderate vote?

It's a political strategy to offset his unfavorable numbers with women.  

3 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Palin is an idiot, pure and simple.  Trump selecting her is political suicide and would only be effective in the same manner Joe Biden is, to ensure the POTUS isn't assassinated.  

Newt is toxic, Martinez already pulled her name out of contention, as has Carly.  According to Ben Carson who claims insider knowledge in addition to Palin these are the V.P. candidates Trump is considering;  Ted Cruz, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, Sen. Marco Rubio, and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie

In that order? I would think Chris Christie would be the first in that list?

2 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

It's a political strategy to offset his unfavorable numbers with women.  

Yeah, not sure that would work very well?

Check this out: http://thehilltalk.com/2016/01/21/14318/

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

4 minutes ago, Lihu said:

In that order? I would think Chris Christie would be the first in that list?

Yeah, not sure that would work very well?

Check this out: http://thehilltalk.com/2016/01/21/14318/

Cristie is a risk because as a NY'er who lived in Virginia for 10 years I can tell you that there isn't much love for NJ and NY in the south.  Both of them come off as bullies which won't play well outside of the north east.  I think Kasich or Cruz (in that order) would be better options for Trump.  

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!