IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

25 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Obama won't do anything right for the conservatives just as Trump won't for the liberals, it's just how it is.  They play to their party.  I liked seeing Barry fired up, too bad it was at Trump and not ISIS.  

If other Republican candidates had set their sights on Donald Trump right away, instead of letting him suck all of the oxygen out of the room while they weren't paying attention, the party wouldn't be saddled with a candidate for whom you have expressed an increasing lack of reason to support besides "he's not Hillary."

The argument that Democrats, in deciding to attack their presumed opponent instead of ignoring him like all the GOP challengers did, are becoming desperate, holds no logic whatsoever.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

If other Republican candidates had set their sights on Donald Trump right away, instead of letting him suck all of the oxygen out of the room while they weren't paying attention, the party wouldn't be saddled with a candidate for whom you have expressed an increasing lack of reason to support besides "he's not Hillary."

The argument that Democrats, in deciding to attack their presumed opponent instead of ignoring him like all the GOP challengers did, are becoming desperate, holds no logic whatsoever.

I didn't say it's desperate, HRC and democrats need to do what they think will win her the election.   I don't know that it's to her advantage to street fight Trump but I don't know their full strategy.  

I did read that her DNC server was hacked by the Russians and they handed over her opposition report to Trump, so that will limit her surprise attacks.  She's really not good at securing servers.  

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I didn't say it's desperate, HRC and democrats need to do what they think will win her the election.   I don't know that it's to her advantage to street fight Trump but I don't know their full strategy.  

I did read that her DNC server was hacked by the Russians and they handed over her opposition report to Trump, so that will limit her surprise attacks.  She's really not good at securing servers.  

Hilarious. Putin is apparently a big supporter of Trump. 

So Trump has now been endorsed by Putin, the KKK and Kim Jong-Un. Are we sure this isn't a South Park episode?

:-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

2 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Hilarious. Putin is apparently a big supporter of Trump. 

So Trump has now been endorsed by Putin, the KKK and Kim Jong-Un. Are we sure this isn't a South Park episode?

:-P

I just think HRC doesn't know how to secure servers so she's an easy target for the Russians to get inside information on.  

Joe Paradiso

Just now, newtogolf said:

I just think HRC doesn't know how to secure servers so she's an easy target for the Russians to get inside information on.  

Oh c'mon, Joe! Even you have to admit that was funny!

And I was only half kidding, because I'm pretty sure I did see this on an episode of South Park. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

1 minute ago, Ernest Jones said:

Oh c'mon, Joe! Even you have to admit that was funny!

This entire election is funny, it could be a South Park episode.  Sadly it's real life.  

Joe Paradiso

1 minute ago, newtogolf said:

This entire election is funny, it could be a South Park episode.  Sadly it's real life.  

Sad indeed. 

You and I are all good, Joe. I may disagree with 90% of your political and social views, but I can respect your reasoning. There are some other posters in here, who I won't mention by name, who I suspect are borderline retarded (and not on the "good" side of the border ;-) ), but at least your reasoning is lucid even if I'm diametrically opposed to it. 

:beer: 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

21 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Or, the DNC put that report (which seems to be dated to last December, by the way) someplace they knew hackers would be looking for it, counting on Trump to get cocky thinking this was all they had on him. In other words:

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

26 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Sad indeed. 

You and I are all good, Joe. I may disagree with 90% of your political and social views, but I can respect your reasoning. There are some other posters in here, who I won't mention by name, who I suspect are borderline retarded (and not on the "good" side of the border ;-) ), but at least your reasoning is lucid even if I'm diametrically opposed to it. 

:beer: 

:beer: If we all agreed this would be a pretty boring site.  

Joe Paradiso

Several major companies that sponsored the 2012 Republican National Convention will not be sponsoring the event this year in Cleveland, where Donald Trump is expected to be officially nominated as the party’s presidential nominee.

Major Companies Pull Sponsorship of GOP Convention

It doesn't appear that all of them are pulling out because of any recent events as some apparently never planned to sponsor the convention this time around.

Edited by baller7345

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

7 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

They don't want to support a candidate they can't buy off.  

Or maybe they don't want to pin their names to a candidate spewing nonsense that apparently seems determined to lose via repeated bad behavior. Trump is quickly burning bridges he can't afford to burn. I get the "change" thing but he is proving what people have been saying since January, he really isn't a republican despite running on the red ticket.

If he wants to be an island it's a strategy to lose and lose big. He's not trying to revolutionize things a-la Bernie he just expects people to believe he is the be all end all. A vote for Trump is just that a vote for Trump and so far he yet to disclose what that gets you other than him and his actions are pretty obvious what that is.

It's apparent the GOP wishes they had a do-over at this point. They underestimated his pull but they did little to bounce him when they had the chance, too arrogant to see past their own faults.

Dave :-)

5 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Or maybe they don't want to pin their names to a candidate spewing nonsense that apparently seems determined to lose via repeated bad behavior. Trump is quickly burning bridges he can't afford to burn. I get the "change" thing but he is proving what people have been saying since January, he really isn't a republican despite running on the red ticket.

If he wants to be an island it's a strategy to lose and lose big. He's not trying to revolutionize things a-la Bernie he just expects people to believe he is the be all end all. A vote for Trump is just that a vote for Trump and so far he yet to disclose what that gets you other than him and his actions are pretty obvious what that is.

It's apparent the GOP wishes they had a do-over at this point. They underestimated his pull but they did little to bounce him when they had the chance, too arrogant to see past their own faults.

Trumps poll numbers are going down. There is a movement in the GOP to move against him at the convention.

possible VP Candidates  are running aware. Rising GOP stars will not take the VP job because it will damage their career moving forward.

Trump is running an "go big or go home campaign", when he loses he will have no to blame but himself!
He is not trying to change politics for the common man.
He just wants your vote so he can do things the "Trump" way!

Edited by Elmer

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

40 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

They don't want to support a candidate they can't buy off.  

With a candidate who is so easily won over by flattery, they don't need to buy him off. With just a bit of ego-stroking, Trump can be in their back pocket without spending a dime.

Apparently, a new "Anyone But Trump" campaign is in motion, in earnest. The Anti-Trumps want to introduce a convention rule that allows a delegate, even on the first ballot,  not to honor their pledge to a candidate if it goes against their conscience.

I see a lot mea culpa coming, and another Chicago '68 convention.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

40 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Apparently, a new "Anyone But Trump" campaign is in motion, in earnest. The Anti-Trumps want to introduce a convention rule that allows a delegate, even on the first ballot,  not to honor their pledge to a candidate if it goes against their conscience.

I see a lot mea culpa coming, and another Chicago '68 convention.

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Mr. Desmond said:

I am not getting involved with this race until late October. Thx. Good luck.

Awful warm for October.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

Awful warm for October.

Not voicing an opinion - just a news item. SInce I tend to read the news, and OMG, all one hears about is Trump. I almost go directly to Sports.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Not voicing an opinion - just a news item. SInce I tend to read the news, and OMG, all one hears about is Trump. I almost go directly to Sports.

Ha ha ha. How about you stay out of political threads as you promised?

I seriously consider disallowing them all the time. Lies like that one you just told don't help.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!