IGNORED

Adidas Golf #FreeTheKnee Shorts

Note: This thread is 2913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

So, a surprise gift arrived from Adidas the other day…

adidas1.jpg

I assumed when I opened them up, I'd find either shorts or some weird pants that had stretchy material or slits or something around the knee.

adidas2.jpg

This pretty much confirmed, naturally, that I would find some shorts inside. And I did:

adidas3.jpg

The grey ones are super slick and nice. The pink ones are the same, but not at all my style. The belt and socks just complete the package (the belt is nice, but the clamp will indent the rubber part pretty quickly).

I've always liked Adidas clothes. We wear their clothes almost exclusively, as the fit and feel has always felt great. I don't wear shorts often (I prefer to keep my legs in the shade beneath pants), but when I do, these have jumped to the top of my list. Well, two of the pair above, anyway. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

So, a surprise gift arrived from Adidas the other day…

adidas1.jpg

I assumed when I opened them up, I'd find either shorts or some weird pants that had stretchy material or slits or something around the knee.

adidas2.jpg

This pretty much confirmed, naturally, that I would find some shorts inside. And I did:

adidas3.jpg

The grey ones are super slick and nice. The pink ones are the same, but not at all my style. The belt and socks just complete the package (the belt is nice, but the clamp will indent the rubber part pretty quickly).

I've always liked Adidas clothes. We wear their clothes almost exclusively, as the fit and feel has always felt great. I don't wear shorts often (I prefer to keep my legs in the shade beneath pants), but when I do, these have jumped to the top of my list. Well, two of the pair above, anyway. :-)

I'll take the pink pair!

Love Adidas shorts, they are so comfortable and fit great.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Adidas is trying to give short shorts a comeback? Your average golfer does not have legs people need to see.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

Adidas is trying to give short shorts a comeback? Your average golfer does not have legs people need to see.

Maybe they really hope the PGA Tour will allow shorts?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Very cool. Those pink pants would go perfect with some neon green shirts :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I, too, prefer pants. It means less skin in the sun, which is a good thing considering the amount of time I am spending in the sun now and plan to spend in the sun later in life. I also have legs hairy enough to belong to a gorilla, so I'm sure people would appreciate me wearing pants if they knew what lay underneath.

11 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

The NBA is next!

short shorts.jpg

• Upvote 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I can't wear shorts that free the knee. Makes me feel like an 8 year old. Not rational I suppose, but it is what it is. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Just now, Ernest Jones said:

I can't wear shorts that free the knee. Makes me feel like an 8 year old. Not rational I suppose, but it is what it is. 

Granted, it's colder in Canada. So I see the benefit in protecting the knee caps from frostbite.:-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Diversity is welcomed although at my age, I prefer longer shorts for sun protection. But I'm a guy who prefers to wear slacks until the temps hit 90+.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Wow! I thought I was weird detesting the way my golf shorts would hang up on my knees and drag my shorts off my butt! Especially when putting and I would have to pull my "shorts legs" up off my knees!

But then, i also thought I was weird when I found myself missing the sound of true golf spikes clacking on concrete, and crunching in gravel, at a golf course. Turns out David Feherty feels exactly the same way!

Maybe I'm not so weird after all! Or maybe I am.

So what is the inseam? Picture doesn't make them look short. I always have some Adidas stuff but never liked their shorts, IME already shorter than others. The ones I have are cut low on the hip, baggy in the butt, tight in the thigh and shortish inseam 8" or so. It's not a good fit for me makes me look more pear shaped than I am.

Dave :-)

I just remembered something. Quite a few years ago I was invited to play at a local country club by a friend of mine who was a member. It was high Summer and hot as blazes. I checked with my friend who said shorts were OK, so I wore my best pair. From AJAY, Arnold Palmer's company.

The club had a rule that shorts must be a certain length, and the starter was giving me grief about mine! I understand they don't want you mincing around in a thong, but this guy was ridiculous! We were talking about a half and inch!  I finally had to flip the waistband over and show him the logo. Would Arnie's company make a pair of shorts that weren't suitable for a golf course? He finally relented.

Note: This thread is 2913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!