IGNORED

2016 Players Championship Discussion Thread

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 2911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Speef and Day in same group.

Rory with Bubba and DJ,FIREWORKS!!!

Danny Willet in the same group as Justin Rose.

How will Danny react......................HOW will Jordan react.   Looking forward to it.

10 minutes ago, Scotsclaff said:

Rory with Bubba and DJ,FIREWORKS!!!

To bad that TPC Sawgrass is anti-driver. :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I don't get why putts are rated higher than holes-in-one? I could make those putts.

Was thinking the same thing. Obviously the 'better than most' putt was a memorable one, but hard to argue it's the best shot at 17 through the years.

Interested to see how Spieth comes out playing on Thursday and Friday.  He's repeatably told the media that he's over the Masters and ready to move on.  I get the feeling he's being honest.  I know there's more talk about Rory, Rickie, and others, but I think at the very least we'll see Spieth in contention on Sunday.

Just now, Scotsclaff said:

They're off.

Early doors,Els 3 under after 4 holes.

Since it's Ernie Els, he may be over par after 5.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

3 minutes ago, Scotsclaff said:

They're off.

Early doors,Els 3 under after 4 holes.

Good for him. Glad to hear it. Let's hope he doesn't have another first round collapse like at the Masters. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Only half the field has gone on the course yet, but it's a good leaderboard so far.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Rose 3-2-3 on 16-18

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

8 hours ago, ECUPirate said:

Good call on this......:-\

WTF Stenson!!!!

Great round by Jason Day and a super 29 on the back 9 by Beard Lowery to get him to -7

Edited by Scotsclaff

So the ball is flying, greens receptive and the guys are lighting it up. What would they shoot at your local muni if they held a tour event there? How many 59's etc would you see? 63 at Sawgrass!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Faksakes said:

So the ball is flying, greens receptive and the guys are lighting it up. What would they shoot at your local muni if they held a tour event there? How many 59's etc would you see? 63 at Sawgrass!

Low 60's. 

If the local muni was 7200-7500 yards,  probably low 60's. Day hit 15/18 greens. He didn't put himself into trouble. If he hits 15/18 greens on a local muni he's probably shooting in the low 60's. 

You also have to consider that local muni's have beat up greens. These guys are putting on the best greens you can play on. They roll pure. Local muni's do not roll pure. That might cost them a stroke or two from a weird bounce or a bad lip out. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Did they explain how An identified his ball with certainty up in a tree (with at least one other ball) on the 6th hole? He took an unplayable instead of a lost ball.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Low 60's. 

If the local muni was 7200-7500 yards,  probably low 60's. Day hit 15/18 greens. He didn't put himself into trouble. If he hits 15/18 greens on a local muni he's probably shooting in the low 60's. 

You also have to consider that local muni's have beat up greens. These guys are putting on the best greens you can play on. They roll pure. Local muni's do not roll pure. That might cost them a stroke or two from a weird bounce or a bad lip out. 

So you are saying they would shoot basically the same as TPC Sawgrass as at your local muni? Low 60's is what Day shot and a few others. Greens would be much slower which negates the disadvantage of bumpier ones more or less. Also I don't know about your muni's but none of ours are over 7100 yards. Difficulty of layout and design too. There would be multiple sub 60 rounds imo.

Edited by Faksakes

Note: This thread is 2911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!