IGNORED

2017 Masters tickets lottery

David in FL
Note: This thread is 2844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's that time of year again.  Good luck to all!

https://tickets.masters.com/en_US/index.html

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Entered.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I too signed up to have Augusta National email me back in a few months to say I didn’t get tickets. ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
3 hours ago, jamo said:

I too signed up to have Augusta National email me back in a few months to say I didn’t get tickets. 

A tradition unlike any other. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I enter every year and, every year, no luck.  I've never heard of anybody winning the lottery.  I've never heard of anybody going to The Masters.  There's only limited coverage on TV and, from what I've seen of Augusta on TV, it looks fake.  No golf course is *that* perfect ...And Jordan Spieth's collapse, that had to be scripted. 

Could it be?  There really is no such thing as The Masters? 

If I don't get tickets again this year then I'll know for sure. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I never win. Ive just given up hope. 

I secretly think they don't really have a lottery, and Augusta National just uses the information from the forms to track us like the cattle we are. 

Edited by Groucho Valentine

27 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I never win. Ive just given up hope. 

I secretly think they don't really have a lottery, and Augusta National just uses the information from the forms to track us like the cattle we are. 

Augusta National is just a front for the Illuminati!

I did not enter the lottery because I hate crowds.  So if any of you win, you can thank me for improving your chances. :)

• Upvote 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I entered and just received my email that I had won!  I was able to buy two tickets to Thursday's tournament day.  I'm planning to give to my husband for Father's Day. Any tips on presentation?  Should I go ahead and book a hotel for him or are the tickets a wonderful enough gift?  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Golfwife44 said:

Hello. I entered and just received my email that I had won!  I was able to buy two tickets to Thursday's tournament day.  I'm planning to give to my husband for Father's Day. Any tips on presentation?  Should I go ahead and book a hotel for him or are the tickets a wonderful enough gift?  

That depends.....

If you are my wife, book a one week vacation. You know 'the works'. Presentation is not important.

If you are the wife of someone else from this forum, book a one week vacation. You know 'the works'. Presentation is totally unimportant.

If you are one of those illuminati. Go away, badger somewhere else.

So much for the Father's Day surprise. He already noticed the pending charge on the credit card. He's super excited, and already went through the obligatory pretense of asking me to go with him before trying to decide which golf buddy will be the lucky one who gets to go with him. 

You are right, presentation was not important. He's very happy with me.  

• Upvote 4

I received my email today that I didn't get tickets.  Ten years running.  This one was a big kick to the jewels as today is my birthday also haha.

Just found out I won! Purchased TWO Sunday tickets. Any suggestions on hotels near / far away?

Where is a good place to find info on getting there, driving to course, a shuttle? Tried the masters.com and they didn't have anything.

Thank you

• Upvote 2

We Regret...

Your application was not selected for 2017 Masters Daily Tournament tickets.

at least the 5th or 6th year in a row

Players play, tough players win!

• 4 weeks later...

First time for me.

Congratulations.  The Masters Tournament is pleased to announce that our random selection process for 2017 Practice Rounds tickets has been completed and your application for tickets has been selected.  You have until July 20, 2016 to make your payment or your ticket allocation will be forfeited.

So I'm eligible for purchasing 4 tickets to the Wednesday practice round.  Now to find some place to stay.  Looks like the most reasonable place to stay is near Columbia SC and drive the hour and 10 minutes to Augusta National.  Can't wait, going to be awesome.

• Upvote 3

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

39 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

First time for me.

Congratulations.  The Masters Tournament is pleased to announce that our random selection process for 2017 Practice Rounds tickets has been completed and your application for tickets has been selected.  You have until July 20, 2016 to make your payment or your ticket allocation will be forfeited.

So I'm eligible for purchasing 4 tickets to the Wednesday practice round.  Now to find some place to stay.  Looks like the most reasonable place to stay is near Columbia SC and drive the hour and 10 minutes to Augusta National.  Can't wait, going to be awesome.

Congrats!  No go for me this year.

Look in Aiken, SC too.  About 20 minutes away.  It's gonna be expensive that week wherever you are though.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Congrats!  No go for me this year.

Look in Aiken, SC too.  About 20 minutes away.  It's gonna be expensive that week wherever you are though.

Very expensive,  looked on AirBnB and VRBO, found some reasonable priced places closer to Columbia, anything between Aiken and Augusta was really pricey.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 2844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!