IGNORED

Your best golfing bargain

paininthenuts
Note: This thread is 2885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I openly admit I love a bargain, and always have one eye open. I have had some amazing bargains, such as a brand new pair of Crest Link golf trousers for £4, 100 bridgestone golf balls for 30p each, two pure cotton Oxford golf sweaters for £5 with a value of about £100, and a brand new golf bag worth £140 for £11.50, all care of my best friend EBAY. Yesterday I may have topped the lot. I had been looking for a new sweater on ebay, but found nothing of interest. A pop up appeared informing me of an auction finishing in 20 minutes. A 2012 St Andrews open golf sweater made by Ralph Lauren, in cotton, and only worn once. For some reason it hadn't been listed in the sweater section, and thus hadn't been picked up. I made the bid and won it. Price £1, yes £1. I don't really know the true value, but would suspect it would have been in excess of £80 when originally purchased, and is now worth about £50. 

What about you ?

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

None yet but I'm always looking at ebay and have bought balls from there. I'm currently looking at a Mizuno iron blade for a fiver - purely to see if I can hit well with one.

I'm also on the market on there for a new set of irons (used) as money is tight and I'm not buying a complete set again. ( I'm also on the lookout for a pencil bag)

Gotta love ebay lol

In the states we have Dicks Sporting good about to close. They carry a lot of golf equipment. ATM a liquidator is handling the sell down of inventory. The first thing they do is end all sales, bring clearance merchandise back up to regular price and often bring in left over merchandise from a related store closing, also jacked up to full retail. At some point though you will start to see the 25% off markdowns building up to maybe 90% off. What I doubt is that you will see any Pro V's or other 'names' going at a discount. The liquidator will sell them en mass to another company or back to Titleist, who is loath to see the brand sold at a discount.

At some point though you should be able to get a new decent driver, putter or set of irons at 1/2 off.

Gotta love ebay. Two years ago got a brand new X Hot pro Driver for $50 and a matching 4W for $35. Also bought two sets of irons, then resold them at a profit after using them for a season,

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Titliest 915 2-Hybrid. It was about 3 months after they came out and this guy already cashed his in at Golfsmith. I got this brand new club for about $100 off retail because it was 3 months used :) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

In the states we have Dicks Sporting good about to close. They carry a lot of golf equipment. ATM a liquidator is handling the sell down of inventory.

? Haven't heard anything about that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

? Haven't heard anything about that.

I think he means Sports Authority.

• Upvote 2

Michael

Best bargains I got was a Adams Speedline Super S 3 FW for $36 and  Adams Idea DHY 27 degree for $24.50. One last bargain I got was a new Cobra Baffler XL 5W for $46 All three are awesome clubs

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, mchepp said:

I think he means Sports Authority.

Right. That's what I imagine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Another bargain in a sense was my purchase of some new clubs this year which I got a really good deal on from ebay and was able to sell my old clubs and make enough money from them which actually brought the price of my new clubs down even more. For example, I bought a new Cobra Flyz + driver on ebay for $129 and sold my old Ping G2 driver which was in excellent condition on craigslist for $70. Subtract $70 from $129 and that means my new driver only cost me $59. I could provide other examples besides that one, but I think you get the point.

I picked up a brand new set of Adams Xtd irons for $150 on eBay. I also picked up an Adams Super LS 3w for $50 two years ago.

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

This current year, 27 holes for $13 the first week of February, 2016, in SE Michigan.

Yes, the cost is not that special compared to other parts of the country.  Finding a course that is playable and open in February can be tough.  Flying/driving south would ultimately be a lot more than $13.  I figure getting my golf fix for $13 was a huge bargain.

Brian Kuehn

Note: This thread is 2885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!