IGNORED

Your best golfing bargain

paininthenuts
Note: This thread is 2883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The best bargain I've had was the yearly tournament entry at my home club.  Entry into the tournaments usually runs $40 to $100, depending on whether its one or two days.  The tournaments range from a pretty informal opening scramble in April to a 2-day stroke play ordeal  and the match-play club championship.  Entry fee includes golf, usually food after the round, and prize money.  We offer a yearly entry for $225 that covers 10 tournaments.  My wife and I both play (so its costs us $450), and there have been a couple of years that we've won over $1000 in pro shop credit between the two of us.  Even if you don't win anything, its still a great bargain.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have one that I think maybe could top them all . . .

I got a year membership with full golf privileges at a private club in exchange for an old sofa that I put on Craigslist and didn't even think would sell.

I got an email - "Is the sofa still available - would you consider trade for golf membership" - totally out of the blue.   

edit-  the guy had recently won it in a raffle of some sort. 

Edited by Rainmaker
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

I got a year membership with full golf privileges at a private club in exchange for an old sofa that I put on Craigslist and didn't even think would sell.

I got an email - "Is the sofa still available - would you consider trade for golf membership" - totally out of the blue.   

I think we've got a winner here folks.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

7 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Think of what you'll get for that bureau with the broken drawer!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My Clicgear Trolley.  A golf shop was going out of busines, and I purchased it for a few pennies on the dollar. This was back when they first came out. Yes, even back then golf outlets were struggling. Funny thing was, a few months later, I recieved another one as a birthday gift. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

bought a Taylormade R1 driver with a fujikura motore in stiff when the R15's had been out for a few months. $110 from a retiree who had more money than he knew what to do with I guess. He said he played one round with it and "didn't like it." These guys kill me :P

I checked thoroughly researched counterfeits and what to look for and this one was on point. verified real by a couple pros too. so I think that's my best deal so far

Edited by jkelley9

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

I figured that a Ping G25 driver in like new condition for a little over a hundred dollars would win, but the ratty old couch for a private golf membership gets my vote too.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I scored a set of MacGregor IMG woods for nz$1 (50p uk, 70c US). Maybe not the most exotic clubs. In fact, they'd aspire to being ordinary. But I can't complain about the price :)

bm

Edited by badgermat
Weak memory

3 hours ago, badgermat said:

I scored a set of MacGregor IMG woods for nz$1 (50p uk, 70c US). Maybe not the most exotic clubs. In fact, they'd aspire to being ordinary. But I can't complain about the price :)

bm

Pretty impressive

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

I've scored many ridiculous Craigslist/Goodwill deals but my best is a Par Aide Master golf ball washer with stand and a Par Aid standard pin (19th flag) and cup with a mounting base all brand new for $25. I actually felt a little guilty driving away after that one!

David

I got two:

Played Orange County National (Orlando) for 50 dollar. Including lunch and both Crooked cat and Panther lake. And got vouchers to play the course next time for half the normal price.

Played a three day tourney in Sauerland (Germany) including a pré tourney round for 220 dollar. During the three days ALL drinks for free, food for free, last day dinner for free. Not just a hamburger, but full fetched all you can eat top meal (and again all drinks for free). Will be back next year :dance:

On May 28, 2016 at 1:01 AM, Rainmaker said:

Wow. He must not have had a real understanding of what he had in his hands.  What an awesome deal. 

• Administrator
On May 31, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Gator Hazard said:

Wow. He must not have had a real understanding of what he had in his hands.  What an awesome deal. 

If he didn't care about the membership, though, he might be happy with the trade-off, too. Perhaps it was win-win!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

If he didn't care about the membership, though, he might be happy with the trade-off, too. Perhaps it was win-win!

LOL.  No doubt.

Someone is on an "old sofa" forum telling about the crazy good deal he got.  

• Upvote 1

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note: This thread is 2883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!