IGNORED

Lydia Ko pitches off the green, makes par

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks like she used the bounce, the green was not affected at all, no mark at all, although the video resolution could be better and the camera could be closer to tell with more accuracy. Lands it perfectly, runs to hole high.

https://twitter.com/LPGA/status/741754074748456960/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Tough to do this properly unless you use the "bounce" or "glide" on the club.

This type of shot and the 1-yard pitch shot are little "tests" of whether you do the pitch technique properly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On the subject of the LPGA, two observations: Gerina Piller is the Eternal Second of women's golf, and it's crazy that the oldest winner on tour by far this year is Anna Nordqvist, who is only 28.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2 minutes ago, Dan42nepa said:

That damn ledbetter has really destroyed her game.

We're still talking about Lydia Ko? Complete has-been!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

44 minutes ago, Dan42nepa said:

That damn ledbetter has really destroyed her game.

lol... but did anyone notice her putting today?

Very short going back, and seemed to accelerate through ball but it looked like she was pushing the ball - not making a stroke. The line on her ball on the putt that cost her most, think it was 16, was bobbing like a drunken sailor. - she missed some she would have made today to win, but...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

1 hour ago, Chilli Dipper said:

On the subject of the LPGA, two observations: Gerina Piller is the Eternal Second of women's golf, and it's crazy that the oldest winner on tour by far this year is Anna Nordqvist, who is only 28.

Yes, youth is wasted on the young! As far as chipping on the green goes, it used to happen quite often back in the old days when they played "stymies". I've seen a few film clips of Bobby Jones hitting that shot. Of course, the greens were furrier since they didn't have the mowers we have now.

5 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Considering her GIR, Gerina is one of the poorer putters on the tour. But her long game is outstanding so she has the foundation to stick around a while while her putting improves.

The relative putting skill difference adds a lot of pressure to put her approaches close to the pin in order to score. Also left herself with too many tough putts for par throughout the tourney. Rooting for her to put it all together, though. She's close.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Tough to do this properly unless you use the "bounce" or "glide" on the club.

This type of shot and the 1-yard pitch shot are little "tests" of whether you do the pitch technique properly.

I was working on those yesterday off tight lies. The short ones seem to have less margin for error.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'm putting this 100% of the time, there's no way I'd have to guts to ever use a wedge off the green.  The angle must be bad because I couldn't see why putting wasn't a good option for her.  

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

I'm putting this 100% of the time, there's no way I'd have to guts to ever use a wedge off the green.  The angle must be bad because I couldn't see why putting wasn't a good option for her.  

Looks like she had to go over that jut of fringe, otherwise the slope would have carried the ball away from the hole.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

8 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

Looks like she had to go over that jut of fringe, otherwise the slope would have carried the ball away from the hole.

Yup. If you can't go through it, you may have to go over it.

10 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Me too.  The fringe is cut smooth, it's not rough, so I would definitely do better in the long run just putting right through that fringe.

Note: This thread is 2873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!