IGNORED

2016 British Open at Royal Troon Discussion Thread

colin007
Note:Β This thread is 2837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

1 minute ago, RandallT said:

To put in as many hours of coverage as they do, they've just got a ton of talent spread out across the whole thing that they make it look effortless to cover without missing a beat or looking tired.

Yep, same with us - makes a real difference when you're going from quality to quality. Our downside is that Monty always inevitably turns up bitching. This evening, he's just come on moaning about how he was 'the wrong side of the draw'. Sure, that's the only reason...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag:Β Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure I've ever seen a draw where one half is doing so much better than the other half. It's just incredible. Like I said earlier, this is the one part of The Open that I don't like.Β 

Edited by ChrisP

4 minutes ago, b101 said:

Yep, same with us - makes a real difference when you're going from quality to quality. Our downside is that Monty always inevitably turns up bitching. This evening, he's just come on moaning about how he was 'the wrong side of the draw'. Sure, that's the only reason...

Ha! We see Monty on NBC/Golf Channel from time to time now (haven't seen him this time), and he's been great. Upbeat,Β insightful, and not afraid to call it like he sees it- even if might ruffle a feather or two. Sorry to hear he's moaning and groaning about it now, as I was starting to like what I thought was a new, more relaxedΒ persona in his semi-retirement.Β 

Β 

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

Just now, RandallT said:

Ha! We see Monty on NBC/Golf Channel from time to time now (haven't seen him this time), and he's been great. Upbeat,Β insightful, and not afraid to call it like he sees it- even if might ruffle a feather or two. Sorry to hear he's moaning and groaning about it now, as I was starting to like what I thought was a new, more relaxedΒ persona in his semi-retirement.Β 

Β 

Don't get me wrong, I like him, as long as he's not talking about himself. For everything else, he's great!

@ChrisPΒ - I can see that, but I'd take this over a two tee start every time. It's great to get up at 6.30am and have the golf on for 12 hours straight. I'm just hoping this weather clears up for when I'm up there in ten days!

What's in the bag:Β Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Yanni's theme is back, bagpipes and all, called it back in one of the threads before it might be used.

Β 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

It's about time they got real weather - Now this is an "Open" -

I bet the leaders are glad they went out in the morning....

Bill -Β 

This is getting brutal. Tough when they can't reach a par 4 in regulation...Β Fun to watch though, as we've all been there!

Day just hit a 5i 40 yards short off the teeΒ and Fowler pulls his 5i out and lands short too. Β Given the wind and rain you'd think these guys would be paying more attention to what their competitors are doing and react accordingly. Β 

Joe Paradiso

16 minutes ago, b101 said:

Don't get me wrong, I like him, as long as he's not talking about himself. For everything else, he's great!

@ChrisPΒ - I can see that, but I'd take this over a two tee start every time. It's great to get up at 6.30am and have the golf on for 12 hours straight. I'm just hoping this weather clears up for when I'm up there in ten days!

Agree, and I love the nasty weather. It's fun to watch and makes the Open the Open. But it just stinks to see Mother Nature give half the field a pass.

Just now, newtogolf said:

Day just hit a 5i 40 yards short off the teeΒ and Fowler pulls his 5i out and lands short too. Β Given the wind and rain you'd think these guys would be paying more attention to what their competitors are doing and react accordingly. Β 

Either that or Fowler really backs himself...

I need that crew of people helping me to look for my wayward drives like Stricker has. Β I'd drop my scores by 3-4 shots.

Joe Paradiso

11 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I need that crew of people helping me to look for my wayward drives like Stricker has. Β I'd drop my scores by 3-4 shots.

Every time I see them find a ball that would basically be impossible to find without so many eyes watching I get a bit envious. Even if I had to take an unplayable I'd still probably save a shot by not having to take stroke and distance. Lost a ball last night because pretty much nobody was watching or cared to help me look for the ball. I'm fairly certain that if they had given me a little help we'd have found it and I'd have had a chance to make the green even from the long grass where I'm pretty sure it went.

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon:Β Z355

:callaway:Β XR16 3 Wood
:tmade:Β AeroburnerΒ 19* 3 hybrid
:ping:Β I e1 ironsΒ 4-PW
:vokey:Β SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff:Β Harmonized Sole GrindΒ 56 andΒ Windy City Putter

7 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Every time I see them find a ball that would basically be impossible to find without so many eyes watching I get a bit jealous. Even if I had to take an unplayable I'd still probably save a shot by not having to take stroke and distance. Lost a ball last night because pretty much nobody was watching or cared to help me look for the ball. I'm fairly certain that if they had given me a little help we'd have found it and I'd have had a chance to make the green even from the long grass where I'm pretty sure it went.

Drives me crazy because I try to watch everyone hit their shots so I can help them locate balls off the fairway but they almost never return the favor. Β A few claim they aren't able to track my ball, so I switched to orange Volvik Vista's thinking it would help them see it easierΒ but they still claimed it they couldn't track it. Β 

Crazy with all those people they couldn't find Stricker's first ball. Β 

Joe Paradiso

and Stricker makes a snowman. Eesh.

The top-15 on the leaderboard right now ALL from one side of the draw. Can anyone ever remember a major where through two days it was as lopsided as this? Amazing. Like I said, the beauty of the Open.

• Upvote 1

I guess Trackmans areΒ waterproof. Those on tripods behind Day and Fowler are totally exposed to the elements.Β 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Post-round interview,Β Spieth says on 16, he was aiming 60yds left and hoping the wind would bring the ball back to the fairway.

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

Note:Β This thread is 2837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!