IGNORED

2016 PGA Championship at the Baltusrol Golf Club Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14 minutes ago, Jakester23 said:

163rd GIR is much more important to scoring than113th in driving accuracy IMO. Dustin Johnson is ranked 142nd  in driving accuracy. What does that say. Dustin is 29th in GIR by the way.

It says that Dustin drives the ball nearly twenty yards farther than Jordan on average, and those twenty yards give him a great advantage on finding greens.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

adding to my bets.....P Mickelson to miss the cut +320

BTW......just because there is no contest, I will start one here.....I will throw in a sleeve a Pro V1s

1.  Sergio Garcia -9

2.  Tony Finau -9

3.  Brendan Steele -9

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Rory & DJ synchronized

THAT'S IT! This is what Olympic Golf needs! Synchronized Golfing!!! 

Call the IOC Steve!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

8 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

It says that Dustin drives the ball nearly twenty yards farther than Jordan on average, and those twenty yards give him a great advantage on finding greens.

If you look at stokes gained Jordan went from .618 last year to -.016 this year on approach shots. DJ's stokes gained went up in approach, putting, and around the green. Actually Speith is hitting 4 yards further this year (on average) and DJ is hitting it 4 yards shorter.  

• Upvote 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

If Jordan or Phil or Rickey can't win, I'm pulling for Sergio.  What a great season it would be if 3 of the "best players to not have a major" came off that list.  Already impressive that 2 have done it.

• Upvote 2

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

January was a long time ago, so I forgot that Jimmy Walker was a thing.

• Upvote 2

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Steve

I wanted to say that the marquee names in the afternoon are looking good so far; then I checked the leaderboard, and John Senden is the only player on the top page currently on the course.

This course does not give up many scores on the opening holes.

The afternoon guys are gonna get the bad draw here. They have to deal with intense heat. The guys who go in the afternoon tomorrow get cooler temps and wet conditions that may give them soft greens if the rain comes in heavy and delays play like predicted.

Not sure this is gonna be a major where the marquee names are gonna challenge as much. I think you're gonna see more players in the 50-100 range in the world rankings competing this week.

edit: Looks like these guys may get some storms to stop play. Unfortunately given the forecast, this has Monday finish written all over it.

Edited by ChrisP

Is it just me, or are TNT's ProTracer cameras breaking up a lot?

Not many household names

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 4.17.05 PM.png

Steve

16 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Not many household names

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 4.17.05 PM.png

Worth pointing out: every player on that page has already played 17 and 18. The marquee groups this afternoon are just making the turn now (and started on the 1st hole).

The afternoon scoring reminds me of the difference in scoring at Troon a couple weeks ago. 35 guys under par and only a few of them are from the afternoon draw. Heat is definitely playing a factor. And like I said earlier, the weather tomorrow looks like it will benefit the guys who played this morning.

Edited by ChrisP

Note: This thread is 2783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!