IGNORED

2016 PGA Championship at the Baltusrol Golf Club Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

19 hours ago, iacas said:

Okay, so, nobody has mentioned the obnoxious frequency of that stupid "Hall of Fame" song again playing this year?

I'm now in favor of the PGA losing major status so I don't have to hear the opening bars of that song every two minutes.

Ahahahaha ha!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This weather delay May last a bit. Bad storms look to be moving in and sticking around. Forecast not looking good tomorrow either. Been predicting a Monday finish all week and sticking to that prediction.

Edited by ChrisP

4 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

This weather delay May last a bit. Bad storms look to be moving in and sticking around. Forecast not looking good tomorrow either. Been predicting a Monday finish all week and sticking to that prediction.

Sucks.....wife is going on a long bike ride tomorrow and I would have the whole day to watch.....gonna be disappointed if they are delayed/rained out tomorrow.....on other hand, wouldn't mind streaming the tournament at work all day Monday

BTW....credit given where credit due......PMick showed some guts yesterday battling back from that opening triple....has cost me some money this week

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Ugh **** mother nature.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

53 minutes ago, BallStriker said:

Sucks.....wife is going on a long bike ride tomorrow and I would have the whole day to watch.....gonna be disappointed if they are delayed/rained out tomorrow.....on other hand, wouldn't mind streaming the tournament at work all day Monday

BTW....credit given where credit due......PMick showed some guts yesterday battling back from that opening triple....has cost me some money this week

Looking more and more like Monday. PGA is now acknowledging that. Supposed to be really bad there tomorrow as well. There's a chance they may not play anymore today as the plume of rain extends all the way back to Central PA. Hopefully it clears up though. We'll see.

Edited by ChrisP

2 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Looking more and more like Monday. PGA is now acknowledging that. Supposed to be really bad there tomorrow as well. There's a chance they may not play anymore today as the plume of rain extends all the way back to Central PA.

Just another batch of bad luck to further push the PGA Championship to #4 among majors. Feel bad, because they sure as hell set it up better than the USGA. Yeah, Oakmont had rain, but they managed to finish normal.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

47 minutes ago, atb5079 said:

Feel bad, because they sure as hell set it up better than the USGA.

This....god, could the USGA possibly look any worse......bad, bad year, decade, century for the USGA......I'm embarrassed for them

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tuesday finish possible.

http://golfweek.com/2016/07/30/pga-championship-weather-forecast-baltusrol/

On the positive side, this may be a chance for some to watch a final round if no one's interested in going.

There's nothing to write about folks:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tough break for the PGA, weather just wouldn't cooperate and doesn't look like tomorrow will be rain free either.  

Joe Paradiso

Steve

Some guys were scheduled to travel Tuesday to Rio. They may have to start looking for Wednesday flights.

A shame for the PGA. They're already the "forgotten major." Then they had to move up their tourney by a few weeks because of the Olymics. And now they are gonna have people lose interest as it looks like this thing may not get finished until Tuesday. Not good. 

Edited by ChrisP

Steve

if this was a regular PGA event, they'd have probably played the round this morning and have been done by now. Probably would tee it off again early tomorrow and maybe finish this thing on time.

Given the weather conditions and forecast I don't know why they didn't call for an early start for today.  Going to start at 7am tomorrow, weather permitting.  

Joe Paradiso

2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Given the weather conditions and forecast I don't know why they didn't call for an early start for today.  Going to start at 7am tomorrow, weather permitting.  

Especially since they preemptively suspended play before the rain actually started, it is weird (or, rather, an oversight) that they didn't start the round earlier in the day. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

13 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

The PGA never does that in a major. 2005 and 2014 come to mind as two times where they could have done that and didn't. One time they got lucky, the other time they got burned. It's all about TV.

So the TV schedule looks like it's gonna be: 8AM PGA.com live stream begins, 9am TNT coverage begins up until 2PM when it of course will move to CBS, but that's obviously assuming the weather is playable tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Note: This thread is 2783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!